Category Archives: Hollywood

Writer Sues Karen Civil For Firing Her Over Nicki Minaj Tweet

The rest is here:

Source: John Lamparski / Getty Writer Tuwanna Thompson, known professionally as Wanna, is suing Karen Civil and the CEO of her website Christian Emiliano. The lawsuit stems from a tweet she posted regarding rapper Nicki Minaj . Last year, a writer found herself in the middle of a Twitter war with not only rapper Nicki Minaj but her legion of fans: The Barbs. The whole thing started when Wanna Thompson, whose real name is Tuwanna, shared an honest and kindly worded tweet about how she would like to have seen Nicki’s lyrical content change and grow as she does. Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news.  ( Terms and conditions ). She wrote: “You know how dope it would be if Nicki put out mature content?” Just reflecting on past relationships, being a boss, hardships, etc. She’s touching 40 soon, a new direction is needed.” As a result, Nicki Minaj hopped in her DM with some less than kind words. Nicki Minaj exhibited #Queen behaviour when she hopped in my DMs and insulted me numerous times over an innocent music opinion while her fans continue to harass me and DM me death threats. This is NOT okay. pic.twitter.com/bJI9TVvJV7 — Stacy, Tracy, Ronna, & Ronda, Donna, Yolanda, Ta.. (@WannasWorld) July 1, 2018 Afterward, Nicki’s fans began their months-long harassment of Thompson , which included them sending her threatening DMs and messages on all her social media accounts, email and even her cell phone. Sign Up For Our Newsletter! Close Thank you for subscribing! Please be sure to open and click your first newsletter so we can confirm your subscription. Email Submit Thompson told The New York Times that eventually she felt her daughter’s safety was threatened. Thompson said that if she knew the tweet would cause this much commotion, she would have never sent it. In addition to the threats, Thompson was subsequently fired from her internship as a writer with Karen Civil’s company, who has worked with Minaj in the past. Which is why she is suing Civil, claiming that Emiliano’s tweets about her impacted her ability to find employment after her termination from Civil’s company. She’s suing for $1.5 million for defamation. According to Hot New Hip Hop , Civil’s attorney, Walter Mosley, responded to the story of the lawsuit. “We have not been served with any lawsuit so we can not respond to the specifics of this alleged case. However, my firm was hired to respond to defamation and figure assault perpetrated by this young lady many months ago and it seems like her actions have persisted from reading this article. At this time we will reserve our rights to exercise the full extent of every available remedy both financial and/or filing for injunctive relief. We should also remind Tuwanna Thompson that she is still under a comprehensive NDA w/ Karen Civil. Karen Civil is the CEO & Owner of all her companies & properties.” [ione_media_gallery src=”https://rickeysmileymorningshow.com” id=”2010347″ overlay=”true”] This story was originally published on MadameNoire.com .  ALSO TRENDING ON RICKEYSMILEYMORNINGSHOW.COM : Ja Rule’s Daughter Brittney Atkins Looking Like Her Daddy’s Twin [PHOTOS] Taraji P. Henson Unveils Her Natural Hair, Reveals Plans To Launch Haircare Brand [PHOTO] Karlie Redd’s Rarely Seen Daughter Appeared On Love And Hip Hop Atlanta And She’s Her Mom’s Twin [VIDEO] Follow @TheRSMS

Writer Sues Karen Civil For Firing Her Over Nicki Minaj Tweet

Geto Boys’ Willie D Reveals Reason He Skipped Bushwick Bill’s Funeral: “Bill Didn’t Like Me — I Ain’t Like Bill” [VIDEO]

Read the original post:

Source: Frazer Harrison / Getty For the hip hop heads… Willie D revealed in a VladTV interview that he didn’t plan to show up at Bushwick Bill ‘s recent funeral. The Geto Boys rapper passed away last month after battling pancreatic cancer. Despite bringing Bill into Geto Boys and writing his legendary rhymes, Willie D skipped Bill’s procession. Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news.  ( Terms and conditions ). “When somebody has a funeral man, it’s like this — I feel like it’s disingenuous for somebody to come to your funeral who you don’t like,” he said. “Bill didn’t like me. I ain’t like Bill, you know what I’m saying? That’s the truth. This ain’t no phony shit. I know that everybody want to do some politically correct shit and all that, but that’s the truth, bro.” Watch: Sign Up For Our Newsletter! Close Thank you for subscribing! Please be sure to open and click your first newsletter so we can confirm your subscription. Email Submit [ione_media_gallery src=”https://rickeysmileymorningshow.com” id=”2007543″ overlay=”true”] ALSO TRENDING ON RICKEYSMILEYMORNINGSHOW.COM : Bushwick Bill Passes Away At 52 Bushwick Bill Of The Geto Boys Diagnosed With Stage 4 Cancer Kurtis Blow’s Surgery Brings Attention To The Health Of Aging Rappers Follow @TheRSMS

Geto Boys’ Willie D Reveals Reason He Skipped Bushwick Bill’s Funeral: “Bill Didn’t Like Me — I Ain’t Like Bill” [VIDEO]

Beyoncé Says The Lion King Soundtrack Will Be ‘Love Letter To Africa’ In Rare Sit-Down Interview [Video]

JUST ANNOUNCED: ' #TheLionKing Can You Feel the Love Tonight? with @RobinRoberts ' special will feature the EXCLUSIVE WORLDWIDE PREMIERE of @Beyonce 's music video for “Spirit” & an exclusive interview with the superstar! Watch TONIGHT at 8pmET on @ABCNetwork https://t.co/mfhnDwVq7G pic.twitter.com/bd884lHSy9 — Good Morning America (@GMA) July 16, 2019 Beyoncé Talks “Lion King” Album Robin Roberts has done the almost impossible; getting Beyoncé to do a sit-down interview. Bey recently sat down with the GMA host to talk the “Lion King” compilation album that she’s calling a “ love-letter to Africa.” As previously reported she personally produced-and-curated the project titled, “The Lion King: The Gift.” It features global artists and is due out July 19, the same day the film hits theaters. This soundtrack is a love letter to Africa and I wanted to make sure we found the best talent from Africa, and not just use some of the sounds and did my interpretation of it,” Knowles-Carter told ABC News. “I wanted it to be authentic to what is beautiful about the music in Africa,” she said, adding that they used “a lot” of drums and “incredible new sounds mixed with some of the producers from America. “We’ve kind of created our own genre and I feel like the soundtrack is the first soundtrack where it becomes visual in your in your mind,” she explained. “The soundscape is more than just the music because each song tells the story of the film.” Watch Beyonce talk “The Lion King: The Gift” above.

Follow this link:
Beyoncé Says The Lion King Soundtrack Will Be ‘Love Letter To Africa’ In Rare Sit-Down Interview [Video]

Headline Heat: Tiffany Foxx Talks Beef With Nicki Minaj, Fight With Jessica Dime & More

Tiffany Foxx On Headline Heat Tiffany Foxx has been on her grind for many, many years, and now the St. Louis emcee is back with a new album and new attitude. Foxx recently stopped by to chat it up and clear up some of the wildest headlines BOSSIP has written about her — and as you can imagine, ish got real. Tiffany dished on everything from Nicki Minaj stopping her bag to allegedly catching the fade from Jessica Dime . But despite the drama, Foxx is still all about the music. Her new album, BBC (Bad B**** Commandments) is available on all major platforms. Check out the video above to see what else the rapper had to share.

Read more:
Headline Heat: Tiffany Foxx Talks Beef With Nicki Minaj, Fight With Jessica Dime & More

Denzel Curry Makes His TV Debut To Perform A Medley Of “RICKY” And “WISH” On ‘The Tonight Show’ [Video]

Source: NBC / Getty Denzel Curry Stops By The Tonight Show For A Medley Performance Denzel Curry is the latest musical guest to stop by Rockefeller Center in New York City to put on a performance for The Tonight Show audience. While he was in the building, the rapper gave the crowd a medley of his tracks “RICKY” and “WISH,” which both come off of his brand new album, “ZUU.” Check out Denzel’s long-anticipated television debut down below:

Read more here:
Denzel Curry Makes His TV Debut To Perform A Medley Of “RICKY” And “WISH” On ‘The Tonight Show’ [Video]

Patois Pipe Peddling Company Shares First Full Look At Safaree’s Massive Man Meat Mold

Source: Prince Williams / Getty Doc Johnson Previews Safaree Sex Toy If you’ve been itching to get your hands on Safaree’s massive man meat , you’re in luck—kinda. After landing a 7-figure deal with sex toy makers Doc Johnson for life-size molds of his man meat, the company’s sharing a preview with fans. Safaree’s patois pipe mold called the “Anaconda” (get the Nicki Minaj reference?) features 12-inches of pleasure and a suction cup for sturdy placement. Doc Johnson will debut the mold at the ANME trade show. Pre-orders for the product were supposed to begin in December and the toys were supposed to be ready for Valentine’s Day 2019. Hopefully, it’ll be worth the wait. View this post on Instagram It’s finally here! We’re debuting the @docjohnsonusa @safaree Anaconda at our ANME trade show! . . @britmo_inc @tmz_tv @worldstar @breakfastclubam @theshaderoom @hollywoodunlocked A post shared by Doc Johnson (@docjohnsonusa) on Jul 15, 2019 at 9:00am PDT On an episode of “Love & Hip Hop” Safaree said he actually declined the deal for morality reasons—but who needs morals when you’ve got 12 inches of Jamrock junk. Right?

Visit link:
Patois Pipe Peddling Company Shares First Full Look At Safaree’s Massive Man Meat Mold

Oh Word?: Young Thug Thinks Lil Nas X Shouldn’t Have Announced His Sexuality [Video]

Source: Lil Nas X / Columbia Records Young Thug has a very unique view on life and how we all should be living it. This was further cemented when discussing Lil Nas X coming out. As spotted on  High Snobiety   the at times sexually ambiguous performer sat down for an interview with Adam22 for No Jumper . While the two discussed several topics it was his take on the “Old Town Road” rapper’s announcing that he is gay that took many by surprise. “I feel like he probably shouldn’t have told the world, because these days—motherf***ers is just all judgement,” he explained. “It ain’t even about the music no more. Soon as the song comes on everybody’s like ‘this gay ass n***a’.” Shortly after making the comment it seemed to dawn on him that his theory could get him on the hot seat thus he quickly elaborated his stance. “It wasn’t a bad idea and it was most definitely the best time to do it. During Pride [Month]. That was a G’s move.” Thug also made it clear that the Atlanta native’s decision isn’t for the weak and if there is anyone in the game that can relate it would be him. “But it’s like, he young and I know what he going to be dealing with. I dealt with this sh*t before.” Most recently Jeffery jumped on the “Old Town Road” remix . You can view the interview with the Lil Nas X segment starting at the 15:00 minute mark. Photo: WENN.com

Continue reading here:
Oh Word?: Young Thug Thinks Lil Nas X Shouldn’t Have Announced His Sexuality [Video]

Nipsey Hussle Posthumously Under Investigation For Possible Gang Ties

Read more from the original source:

Source: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN.com / WENN The  New York Times   reports that  Nipsey Hussle  is being investigated by the Los Angeles Police Department and the city’s attorney’s office, even after the rapper and community leader’s death in March. According to the publication, Hussle, his business associates, as well as his Marathon Clothing store, are all under investigation to determine if the strip mall he owned was a center for gang activity. The investigation started before Hussle’s murder this past March and is currently ongoing. Although a direct reason was not given as to why the investigation began, a spokesman for the LAPD told the  Times  that they are negotiating with Hussle’s partners on the property to “mitigate some of the crime issues.” Blacc Sam, Hussle’s brother briefly mentioned in his eulogy how the city pressured Hussle’s former landlords to evict him and his associates but instead, the former owners sold the property to Hussle and a group of investors. City Council members who represent the area have inquired about the investigation on Hussle and his partners for years to understand the reasoning. “I think everybody in the community will do everything we can to make sure the ventures he started will continue,” Councilmember Marqueece Harris-Dawson said. “And this is a very confusing hiccup in this process.” RELATED:  Trophies: Megan Rapinoe Quotes Nipsey Hussle To Celebrate World Cup Win RELATED:  Nipsey Hussle’s Daughter Honors Him At Her Graduation

Nipsey Hussle Posthumously Under Investigation For Possible Gang Ties

Rapper Throws $250K Worth Of Meth Over Atlanta Balcony To Avoid Raid

Read the original post:

Source: Robert Loe / Getty According to Authorities   Kelvin James Dark, a rapper known as K Digga was arrested at Atlantic Station in Atlanta, after he was caught tossing $250k worth of kilos of methamphetamine over the balcony at the Atlantic. Officers said a stolen firearm was also found on the scene, along with $60K worth of marijuana. K Digga was charged with trafficking methamphetamine, trafficking marijuana, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ____ Sign Up For Our Newsletter! Close Thank you for subscribing! Please be sure to open and click your first newsletter so we can confirm your subscription. Email Submit

Rapper Throws $250K Worth Of Meth Over Atlanta Balcony To Avoid Raid

Nipsey Hussle’s Baby Mama Says She’s NOT An Unfit Mother

Source: Shun Atkins / Radio One The unfortunate custody battle over NIpsye Hussle’s daughter Emani is still going and now his daughter’s mother is saying she’s not unfit but her lifestyle has drastically changed since Nipsey’s death. via: TMZ  Tanisha Foster  says in legal docs, obtained by TMZ, she and Nipsey shared responsibility for parenting 10-year-old  Emani . She seems to be rebutting the family’s contention she’s not capable of caring for the child, saying they are ignoring the fact Nipsey provided for her … setting her up in an apartment and providing for her livelihood. She’s insinuating she’s been cut off and that’s not what Nipsey would want. She also says, she’s not the only person involved in the case with a “problem past,” but she says she’s choosing not to “sling mud.” She says she can’t pay rent, she’s been cut off financially and is in desperate shape. Foster notes the lifestyle she and Emani were used to before  Nipsey’s death  won’t be the same … but she is willing to make it work to the best of her ability. She’s asking the judge to at least give her visitation rights. Foster says, “If everyone was truly interested in doing what is best for Emani, they would treat me as her mother and not in the manner that they have. Nipsey’s family was  awarded temporary custody  of Emani, claiming Tanisha is  an unfit mother .

Continued here:
Nipsey Hussle’s Baby Mama Says She’s NOT An Unfit Mother