Source: VH1 / VH1 Behind The Scenes Of #GirlsCruise Promo Campaign VH1’s newest reality series is set to premiere tonight at 9/8c starring Lil’ Kim and her friends Chilli, Mya, Vena E., B. Simone, Tiffany Panhilason and Char Defrancesco. B. Simone and Pretty Vee give us a lil behind-the-scenes look at the promo campaign before the big send-off tonight! Press play below. Will you be tuned in?
Source: Prince Williams / Getty From frenemies to friends… Porsha Williams And Kenya Moore Have Daughter Playdate Things have DEFINITELY changed between Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore. As previously reported Kenya and Porsha have buried the hatchet (ALL) the way after having a hair-pulling altercation at the season 6 RHOA reunion. Source: Wilford Harewood/Bravo/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images / Getty Now after being pregnant at the same time, the new moms are posing with their adorable daughters Pilar Jhena and Brooklyn Daly. “Babyyy Brooklyn is about that #Payback up here at Pj turban. Too cute,” Porsha captioned a photo of Brooklyn trying to pull off her daughter’s turban. Remember when Porsha did that same move to Kenya? View this post on Instagram Babyyy Brooklyn is about that #Payback up here at Pj turban Too cute ! @pilarjhena be so chill @thekenyamoore & I were cracking up! #MommyNMeClass #PlayDates / A post shared by #PorshaWilliams (@porsha4real) on Jul 15, 2019 at 6:18am PDT Kenya also shared the same pic on her social media. View this post on Instagram Wait for it…SWIPE #PAYBACK If @porsha4real and I can laugh so can you #ItsFunnyNow #daughters #miraclebabies #rhoa A post shared by Kenya Moore Daly (@thekenyamoore) on Jul 15, 2019 at 5:27am PDT Isn’t it good to see that these two buried the hatchet??? Their friendship should make for GREAT TV when RHOA season 12 airs this fall. Source: Prince Williams / Getty More #RHOA reunited Kenya and Porsha on the flip.
Source: Tristan Kallas/ Xavier Collin/Image Press Agency / Splash News Lawyer For Karen Civil Says Writer Never Served Lawsuit Remember the debacle last year when Canadian blogger @WannasWorld shared DM’s from Nicki Minaj ? Last week, reports surfaced from The Blast claiming “Wanna,” is suing Karen Civil, her website and CEO Christian Emiliano for defamation and seeking a whopping $1.5 million in damages. According to court documents obtained by The Blast: She says as she processed the events that unfolded with her and Minaj, she then turned her attention to the Live Civil group chat, where they requested she delete the Tweet. [She] says she immediately deleted the tweet per their request. Shortly after deleting the Tweet, she claims to have been cut out of the group chat. She claims they then told her she was no longer employed by Civil or any of her companies…. says they told her Minaj was a client of Civil’s other company. She claims the CEO, Christian Emiliano, then took to Twitter to go on a “public rant” about her. [She] claims he damaged her reputation with his comments and hurt her ability to get work. $1.5 million is a looooot of money to sue over an unpaid internship – isn’t it? But hold up, a lawyer for Karen Civil claims that his client hasn’t even been served with a lawsuit. BOSSIP received the following statement from Karen Civil’s Attorney Walter Mosley: We have not been served with any lawsuit so we can not respond to the specifics of this alleged case. However, my firm was hired to respond to defamation and character assault perpetrated by this young lady many months ago and it seems like her actions have persisted from reading this article. At this time we will reserve our rights to exercise the full extent of every available remedy both financial and/or filing for injunctive relief.We should also remind [her] that she is still under a comprehensive NDA w/ Karen Civil. Karen Civil is the CEO & Owner of all her companies & properties. Sooo is there a lawsuit or not? And if there is, does Thompson even have a case? BOSSIP saw communication between Wanna and Emiliano where Emiliano explicitly stated to his staff that the website has relationships with certain artists and brands through Always Civil and to “make sure any content or opinions on this platform and your own is always respectful and a priority. This includes: Nicki Minaj, Teyana Taylor, Hillary Clinton, Pharrell, Iman Shumpert, Lil Wayne, Nipsey Hussle, Lauren London, YG, Pusha T, and a few others. Understood?” to which Thompson replied, “Okay noted.” This also isn’t the first time Wanna has sought financial compensation over this issue. A GoFundMe seeking $2500 was posted ten months ago. As you can imagine, the Barbz are heating up for Wanna over the lawsuit claims already. you were fired by the company because you violated their social media policy while you were under their employment. all nicki did was drag you and post the dm. can you come up with something else? @WannasWorld — Kevin Thomas. (@_kevininmoscow) July 12, 2019
View this post on Instagram Saint asked me to take a pic of him and his brother this morning A post shared by Kim Kardashian West (@kimkardashian) on Jul 14, 2019 at 9:13am PDT Kim Kardashian Shares Sweetest Photo Of Sons Saint & Psalm It seems like every time we turn around, we’re meeting a new addition to the West household. No complaints from us — these babies are way too adorable , looking just like mom and dad. Over the weekend Kim Kardashian shared a photo of Saint snuggling up to his baby brother Psalm . “Saint asked me to take a pic of him and his brother this morning,” the mom of four captioned the sweet pic that shows big bro in his PJs while holding on to little bro, who’s chillin’ in his onesie. See the photo up top. Doesn’t Psalm look just like his big sis Chicago?
Source: Jason Mendez / Getty Jermaine Dupri caught an avalanche of slander from a bevy of women rappers after he criticized them and compared them to being like strippers. After getting a strong lesson on women in the game that can do whatever they want in music just like the men are allowed, the veteran Atlanta producer announced the launch of a new women-focused venture. “After all the calls,DMs, angry tweets and other messages saying “I am a major gatekeeper in the hip hop world,why don’t I invest in a female who is out here hustling and making a name for herself?” I decided to create the #SoSoDefFemalecypher, details coming soon,” Dupri wrote on his social media accounts. On Twitter, R&B singer 6lack checked Dupri on the curious timing of the SoSoDef Female Cypher. women in hip hop don’t need representation/approval from men (ya cypher sounds more reactive than proactive). if u don’t have a fav artist that hits on the subjects u wanna hear, u could solve that wit a quick search & some support. plus, IF they do wanna talk about sex, they can https://t.co/9nX46FDUia — black (@6LACK) July 12, 2019 “[W]omen in hip hop don’t need representation/approval from men (ya cypher sounds more reactive than proactive). if u don’t have a fav artist that hits on the subjects u wanna hear, u could solve that wit a quick search & some support. plus, IF they do wanna talk about sex, they can,” 6lack wrote via Twitter. Dupri fired back with, “You right!! they can talk about whateva they wanna talk about and I can have my opinion right ?” which didn’t endd there. 6lack returned fire saying, “sure, but “they all talkin about the same thing” ain’t accurate lol. i got an amazing playlist that i didn’t even break a sweat to make.” Time will tell if the So So Def boss nails the concept. After all the calls,DMs, angry tweets and other messages saying “I am a major gatekeeper in the hip hop world,why don’t I invest in a female who is out here hustling and making a name for herself?” I decided to create the #SoSoDefFemalecypher , details coming soon pic.twitter.com/Nyxl5KpPXZ — Jermaine Dupri (@jermainedupri) July 12, 2019 — Photo: Getty
Source: NewsOne Screenshots / NewsOne Now Four years after Sandra Bland was found dead in her jail cell in Waller County, Texas, America finds itself at a crossroads. In the wake of intense violence nationwide and a President who emboldens this type of violence, we must decide now if we are going to allow systemic violence against marginalized communities to become part of the status quo, or are we going to make a change. In spite of the countless injustices that have transpired since her death, it is impossible not to be haunted by Sandra’s story — not just for the sheer scope of its tragedy, but also for how regular she was. Sandra could have been any one of us. Four years later, racial tensions have only grown progressively worse in America. On this day, it’s important to reflect on the lessons we learned from Sandra, whose light and legacy can never be dimmed. Here is what Sandra has taught us: You Can Control Your Legacy Too often, Black victims of police brutality end up facing a trial in the public eye. Mainstream media often depicts them as somehow deserving of the horrendous treatment they received. But Sandra’s commitment to documenting her life meant that she was empowered to leave her own legacy and tell her own story beyond her death. Her vlog, #SandySpeaks, gave us all the chance to get to know how she lived rather than just how she died. She could not be erased. Furthermore, her family’s activism beyond her death has left a profound impact on today’s civil rights movement . The tragedy they experienced spurned them into action. And those actions are proof of the impact she had on their lives. Respectability Politics Won’t Save Us Black people are often told that what they wear, how they speak, and what they do can somehow save them from racism. It is one of the great myths of modern society. It’s hard to think of a more “respectable” person than Sandra. She was an educated, accomplished, beautiful woman. She was getting ready to begin a new career. She had a promising future. And still, she died in police custody under extremely mysterious circumstances. According to a recent report in the The Guardian , “based on the latest national figures available from the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 4,980 prisoners in US correctional facilities died in 2014, a nearly 3% increase from 2013. In addition, in state prisons, the mortality rate was 275 for every 100,000 people, the highest since data collection began in 2001.” We have to stop holding Black people to standards that we believe will save us in a system that is failing to protect us. Trayvon Martin did not die because of his hoodie. Alton Sterling didn’t die because of his previous issues with the law. Education and career choice couldn’t save Sandra or Philando Castile . They were victims of a racist system that needs to be changed. It’s Not Only Black Men Who Are In Danger The #SayHerName movement has been around for some time, but it was Sandra’s death, along with female victims like Korryn Gaines , Natasha McKenna , Rekia Boyd , and Kindra Chapman that thrust it into the national dialogue. But if Sandra is proof of anything, it’s that we have a long way to go. Were it not for social media and the tireless efforts of her family, we may never have known her name. It’s not hard to imagine just how many female victims remain ghosts in the public persona. Black women are one of the world’s most marginalized populations and we can no longer operate under the illusion that just because we aren’t hearing about it, it’s not happening. PHOTO CREDIT: Getty DON’T MISS: Cell Phone Video Of Sandra Bland’s Arrest Surfaces, Cop Told Her ‘I Will Light You Up’ Alabama Prosecutor Drops Case Against Black Woman Charged With Manslaughter After Fetus Was Shot And Killed UPDATE: Black Woman Shot And Killed By Texas Cop Was Not Pregnant [ione_media_gallery src=”https://hellobeautiful.com” id=”2805741″ overlay=”true”]
Source: Scott Olson / Getty R. Kelly might finally face a level of justice unlike he’s ever seen in times prior in relation to his many ongoing legal ordeals. After the Feds took down the beleaguered R&B singer, details of the arrest have been coming forth, including some of Kelly’s former staffers handing over nearly two dozen tapes of him having sex with underage girls. TMZ reports : Gerald Griggs — who represents Joycelyn Savage’s family among others — tells TMZ the federal investigation run by the Northern District of Illinois uncovered over 20 videos of Kelly engaged with minors. Both Griggs and our federal law enforcement sources tell us the tapes show multiple victims … and prosecutors confirmed with multiple witnesses the girls were underage. Griggs says several of Kelly’s enablers — past and present — flipped and turned over the tapes to investigators. He says those videos were exactly what the feds needed to secure indictments for sex crimes, including child pornography. We broke the story last month … an ex-employee testified the singer regularly recorded his sexual encounters with underage girls, and believed the feds got their hands on some of that video. Kelly is facing 13 counts, including four counts of producing child pornography, and two counts of receiving child pornography. — Photo: Getty
Source: The Ring Magazine / Getty Boxing legend Pernell “Sweet Pea” Whitaker was killed Sunday night after being hit by a car in Virginia Beach. Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter! Close Thank you for subscribing! Please be sure to open and click your first newsletter so we can confirm your subscription. Email Submit According to WTKR, News 3 the Norfolk native was hit near the intersection of Northampton Boulevard and Baker Road. A four-weight world champion and an Olympic gold medalist, Whitaker achieved worldwide recognition. After retiring from the ring, he found success as a boxing trainer. Whitaker was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 2006. He was 55 years old. Latest… Tourist Takes A Wile Ride On Atlanta’s I-75 On A Bird Scooter [VIDEO] Lil Wayne Not Quitting Summer Tour With Blink-182 Remy Ma Claims Alleged Fade Recipient Brittney Taylor Is Harassing Her Daughter Soulja Boy Getting Out Of Jail Early Because, Good Behavior
Source: Johnny Nunez / Getty Remy Ma has to deal with the court system went it comes to a former Love & Hip Hop: New York castmate who seems to be trolling her. The Bronx rapper has accused Brittney Taylor of harassing her stepdaughter (read: Papoose’s first-born daughter). Reports Page Six : The Bronx rapper’s lawyer, Dawn Florio, told a Manhattan Criminal Court judge that she plans to hand over screenshots to prosecutors proving her client’s foe, TV personality Brittney Taylor, has been bothering Ma’s stepdaughter by phone and on social media. Taylor “has actively been calling my client’s daughter as well as tagging her on social media,” Florio griped to reporters outside the courtroom. “Remy doesn’t want her daughter to be harassed by Brittney.” Florio claimed that the DA’s office has “an open mind” about the case and that she hopes to convince prosecutors to toss the charges against Ma by her next court appearance Sept. 26. Ma’s real name is Reminisce Smith. Her stepdaughter is Dejanae Mackie, the daughter of her husband, rapper Papoose. This is only part of Taylor’s struggle—besides allegedly catching a black eye courtesy of Remy Ma, she was recently arrested for assault . View this post on Instagram “Caught myself Tripping. Glad I didn’t fall. It’s a Hot Girl Summer after all!“ #thatpart #HotSummersColdHearts #Blockhisnumbersis #Bestfriendeditmypicplease A post shared by Bri (@brittneyftaylor) on Jul 11, 2019 at 1:29pm PDT
Source: The Washington Post / Getty Lil Wayne wasn’t serious, y’all. It turns out Tunechi won’t be bailing on his current summer tour with Blink-182 after all. FULL VIDEO of #lilwayne saying this might be his last night on the #blink182 tour. He says “please forgive me I'm not used to performing in front of a crowd that looks like this” He says he doesn't know how much longer he can do this tour. Gotta understand the man @TMZ pic.twitter.com/PHwVsQqqS0 — worldofjeremiah (@worldofjeremiah) July 12, 2019 Late last week, Weezy left that stage after performing just four or so songs , while also noting he wasn’t sure if he’d be continuing the tour due to small crowd sizes not being his swag. His words, not ours, However, Weezy took to Twitter to explain that he was going to thug it out and finish the tour. “Yesterday was krazy!,” he tweeted on Friday, July 12. “But I want all my fans to know I won’t be quitting this tour! I’m having too much fun with my bros blink-182. Bangor,ME See you tomorrow! Hey, the show must go on. Also, the direct deposit ain’t hittin’ if you don’t hit the stage, too. Yesterday was krazy! But I want all my fans to know I won’t be quitting this tour! I’m having too much fun with my bros blink-182. Bangor,ME See you tomorrow! — Lil Wayne WEEZY F (@LilTunechi) July 12, 2019