Category Archives: Hollywood

Stop Killing Kids: 18- Year Old Wisconsin Teen Shot And Killed By Police Officer 

Source: Mihajlo Maricic / EyeEm / Getty Tyrese West Killed By Wisconsin Police We can’t even ride our bikes in peace SMH. 18-year old Tyrese West has been pronounced dead after being shot by a Mount Pleasant on June 15th. According to Racine Police , officers attempted to make contact with West who was on a bike but he fled. Following a short foot pursuit, the officer observed West was armed. 18-year-old #TyreseWest was the man shot and killed early Saturday morning by Mt. Pleasant police. Today, I went with West’s family back to the shooting scene — they have one burning question. Full story at 5:30 on @WISN12News pic.twitter.com/oWRAAGHmVF — Chernéy Amhara (@CherneyAmharaTV) June 16, 2019 The teen reportedly ignored the officer’s commands and the officer “was forced to shoot him.” The officer has been identified as Sgt. Eric Giese, a 12-year veteran of the village’s Police Department. Giese has been a sergeant for a year and a half. He was placed on administrative leave immediately following the incident. On Thursday night, hundreds of people gathered at the corner of Racine and 20th streets to remember Tyrese . Community advocate Tory Lowe gave an emotional speech to the crowd, saying: “We want justice for Tyrese. We want answers, and the only way we’re going to get the answers is if we demand the answers. Tyrese was stopped for riding a bike,” Lowe said. “And he ended up with two shots in his head. How do we know that he got two shots in his head? Because the body was released to the family. This wasn’t told to us. We saw it.” Racine Police is still investigating the case. SMH

Continued here:
Stop Killing Kids: 18- Year Old Wisconsin Teen Shot And Killed By Police Officer 

Stop Killing Kids: 18- Year Old Wisconsin Teen Shot And Killed By Police Officer 

Source: Mihajlo Maricic / EyeEm / Getty Tyrese West Killed By Wisconsin Police We can’t even ride our bikes in peace SMH. 18-year old Tyrese West has been pronounced dead after being shot by a Mount Pleasant on June 15th. According to Racine Police , officers attempted to make contact with West who was on a bike but he fled. Following a short foot pursuit, the officer observed West was armed. 18-year-old #TyreseWest was the man shot and killed early Saturday morning by Mt. Pleasant police. Today, I went with West’s family back to the shooting scene — they have one burning question. Full story at 5:30 on @WISN12News pic.twitter.com/oWRAAGHmVF — Chernéy Amhara (@CherneyAmharaTV) June 16, 2019 The teen reportedly ignored the officer’s commands and the officer “was forced to shoot him.” The officer has been identified as Sgt. Eric Giese, a 12-year veteran of the village’s Police Department. Giese has been a sergeant for a year and a half. He was placed on administrative leave immediately following the incident. On Thursday night, hundreds of people gathered at the corner of Racine and 20th streets to remember Tyrese . Community advocate Tory Lowe gave an emotional speech to the crowd, saying: “We want justice for Tyrese. We want answers, and the only way we’re going to get the answers is if we demand the answers. Tyrese was stopped for riding a bike,” Lowe said. “And he ended up with two shots in his head. How do we know that he got two shots in his head? Because the body was released to the family. This wasn’t told to us. We saw it.” Racine Police is still investigating the case. SMH

Read more:
Stop Killing Kids: 18- Year Old Wisconsin Teen Shot And Killed By Police Officer 

Ball In A Day’s Work: LaVar Ball Responds To Being Banned From ESPN & Takes Some Shots At Molly Qerim

Source: WENN.com / WENN LaVar Ball Speaks On His ESPN Ban & Molly Qerim Situation LaVar Ball was banned from appearing on all ESPN platforms following a controversial response to Molly Qerim when he was a guest at First Take last week. But, unsurprisingly, the famous basketball father doesn’t seem to be affected by the network’s decision. Ball was discussing the recent trade between the Los Angeles Lakers and the New Orleans Pelicans that ended up sending his son Lonzo to the latter team (along with a few other players) in exchange for Anthony Davis. LaVar was in the middle of a debate with Stephen A. Smith when Molly Qerim asked, “Can we switch gears?” To which the Ball family patriarch responded, “You can switch gears with me anytime.” That response really didn’t sit well with Qerim and after the show, ESPN told LaVar that his comments were inappropriate. Ball later responded through his representative saying that he didn’t mean for it to sound like a sexual remark at all. Now, LaVar is speaking on the situation publicly, and he stands by his statement up to this point. He also has words for Molly. LaVar says the only he’ll hit on Molly is if she ever breaks in his house #lavarball #lonzoball #mollyqerim pic.twitter.com/ogHHb1zFKQ — SLEEPERSALLDAY (@sleepersallday) June 22, 2019 As you can see in the video above, LaVar insists that he doesn’t need ESPN, because he has his own show. He also clarifies that switching gears simply means changing subjects, and the only way he would hit on Qerim is if she broke into his house. Following the segment airing initially, viewers had mixed reactions about the segment and what was said. While some fans insist that what LaVar said was indeed inappropriate, others are saying that there was absolutely nothing wrong with what he said. But regardless of his response and clarification, ESPN still hasn’t wavered on its decision to ban Ball and it doesn’t look like they are planning to lift it anytime soon.

See the original post:
Ball In A Day’s Work: LaVar Ball Responds To Being Banned From ESPN & Takes Some Shots At Molly Qerim

Bruh: Miami Man On Trial Throws Feces At Judge: ‘It’s Protein, It’s Good For You’

Source: Bryce Duffy / Getty Florida Man On Trial Throws Feces At Judge Today in WTF news, a Florida man decided to scatter his stool all over a Miami courtroom, and the Judge was his target. 33-year old Dorleans Philidor who is currently on trial was sitting in a wheelchair next to Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Lisa Walsh before closing arguments on Friday when he reportedly “cast feces” in her direction. Philidor’s response during the whole ordeal? He yelled out, “It’s protein! It’s good for you!” Fortunately, his stool missed the judges, but some of the witnesses got hit with it. One of the witnesses, Allen Rios, told reporters: “It was intense. The corrections officers and police officers were swarming. Like 60 of them. They told everyone to leave and you couldn’t go back in. It was a hazardous area.” After law enforcement swarmed Philidor, the trial was moved to another room so the courtroom could be sanitized. According to the Miami Herald, closing arguments in the trial were set to begin after a lunch break, but Philidor defecated and smeared it all over himself and the holding cell he was in. On Friday, he was acquitted of the original burglary charge but will remain in jail as he waits to face another trial in a grand theft auto case. No word on whether or not he’ll be charged for spewing feces. Yuck.

Follow this link:
Bruh: Miami Man On Trial Throws Feces At Judge: ‘It’s Protein, It’s Good For You’

SMH: Missouri Health Department Declines License Renewal For State’s Last Abortion Clinic

Source: NurPhoto / Getty Missouri’s Last Abortion Clinic Gets Their License Renewal Declined The health department in Missouri has officially declined to renew the license of the state’s last and only abortion clinic on Friday. This move could eventually make Missouri the first state in the U.S. without an abortion clinic in decades–But for now, the clinic will continue providing abortion services while a court injunction remains in effect. The state’s Department of Health and Senior Services announced that it wouldn’t renew the license for the Reproductive Health Services of Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region before a court hearing on Friday. The clinic’s license was set to expire on May 31, but a St. Louis Circuit Court issued a preliminary injunction that kept its doors open. That injunction will stay in effect until further ruling from the court, according to a judge in a hearing on Friday morning. “We will continue providing abortion care for as long as the court protects our ability to do so,” explained Colleen McNicholas, a reproductive health doctor at the St. Louis clinic. Earlier this month, Circuit Judge Michael Stelzer set a June 21 deadline for the state’s health department to decide whether to renew the clinic’s license. With the department’s decision not to renew on Friday, the judge must now decided next steps. At the hearing, Judge Stelzer said he would issue at least one more order on the case. “I can’t imagine that injunction can stand for too long,” said Rigel Oliveri, a professor at the University of Missouri School of Law. “That’s a tough spot for the court to be in, ordering a medical facility to be open when it’s been ordered to be closed for patient safety reasons.” Director of the Department of Health and Senior Services, Randall Williams, said Friday that the department chose not to renew the license after the clinic failed to address a number of issues raised by the state. “Access is always incredible important to us,” Dr. Williams said. “But, just understand, in the regulatory environment, our North Star is always the individual who’s getting patient care. We never let anything interfere with the basic patient care that a patient is receiving.” Ahead of this decision, the clinic announced it would no longer comply with a state regulation that Planned Parenthood said required doctors to perform two pelvic exams before an abortion. Dr. Williams said he would enact an emergency rule to allow the clinic to defer the additional pelvic exam. For years, state regulations have required patients receiving abortions to undergo a pelvic exam before the procedure. But recently, the clinic said, the state has required an additional pelvic exam to take place during state-mandated counseling sessions, which occur 72 hours before the procedure. Clinic doctors have described the additional exam as medically unnecessary. Missouri is one of six states with only one abortion clinic, including Kentucky, Mississippi, West Virginia, North Dakota and South Dakota, according to the Guttmacher Institute. Lawmakers in Missouri passed legislation last month that prohibited abortion after eight weeks of pregnancy, except in cases of medical emergency. More liberal state legislatures, like in neighboring Illinois, have enacted laws enshrining abortion protections in response to the possibility of more limited access to the procedure.

Read the original post:
SMH: Missouri Health Department Declines License Renewal For State’s Last Abortion Clinic

People Ain’t Isht: Mother Arrested For Abandoning Her 9-Year-Old Son At McDonald’s To Gamble

Source: S3studio / Getty Mother Arrested For Abandoning Her Boy In McDonald’s A mother in Phoenix, Arizona left her 9-year-old child alone at McDonald’s to gamble at a casino because, “he drives [her] crazy.” According to reports from Yahoo Lifestyle , 34-year-old Stacy Rupp dropped off her 9-year-old son at McDonald’s on Wednesday evening at around 8:30 p.m. before hitting Desert Diamond Casino, located about a mile away. An employee observed the unsupervised boy looking “dirty and disheveled” and ended up calling the police. While he was there, the staff gifted the young boy with a coloring book, ice cream, and cookies, read a police report. Officer Brandon Sheffert of the  Peoria Police Department told Yahoo that the child was not upset. He said his mother dropped him off in order to gamble but noted, “She always comes back.” Her son had been left unattended for two hours. Rupp ended up arriving only minutes after law enforcement — and she came with excuses. According to the police report, Rupp first told officers she was grocery shopping at a nearby Fry’s Marketplace, but couldn’t provide any proof. She then proceeded to admit that she “messed up,” and went to the casino. “He drives me crazy and steals my money,” she said in the police report. According to AZ Family , court documents state that Rupp “did not provide a cell phone or any type of means of communication to the victim for him to get in contact with her in case of an emergency.” Stacy Rupp was arrested and charged with child abuse and endangerment. A future court date has been set for July.

View original post here:
People Ain’t Isht: Mother Arrested For Abandoning Her 9-Year-Old Son At McDonald’s To Gamble

So Sad: Texas Mother Charged With Killing Her Toddler With Her SUV After Playing A Game Of “Chicken”

Source: CHRISsadowski / Getty Texas Mother Locked Up For Killing 3-Year-Old Son In A Game Of “Chicken” According to NY Daily News , a Texas mom allegedly played a game of chicken with her three kids and accidentally ran over & killed her 3-year-old son. Lexus Stagg was charged with criminally negligent homicide after her “3-year-old child ran behind her vehicle as she backed out of her parking spot,” on June 11th. Surveillance video from a nearby apartment complex allegedly shows Stagg getting into her SUV before driving in reverse. As her three kids began running after her, she slowly drove the SUV forward. While two kids evaded the vehicle, the 3-year-old got stuck beneath a tire. A neighbor of Stagg, expressed his grief over the death of the little boy, but made it clear that Stagg was not a great mother. The neighbor recalls: “I felt bad because those parents, they were never there, they were kind of negligent..The kids were always out here without supervision.” Two of Stagg’s older children have been placed with relatives while Stagg was arrested and faces a prison term of up to 10 years, if found guilty.

Continue reading here:
So Sad: Texas Mother Charged With Killing Her Toddler With Her SUV After Playing A Game Of “Chicken”

SMH: Ohio Gym Teacher Caught On Camera Allegedly Sexually Abusing 28 First-Grade Girls

Source: fstop123 / Getty An Ohio Gym Teacher Has Been Charged With Molesting 28 First Graders According to People , an Ohio gym teacher is accused of sexually abusing 28 first-grade girls. John Austin Hopkins was reportedly charged with 36 counts of gross sexual imposition with 28 first-grade girls by a grand jury. The case began after a concerned father met with the principal at Clearcreek Elementary School after expressing concern when his daughter told him that she “got to sit on Mr. Hopkins lap.” So school administrators checked the footage from the gym’s security cameras and allegedly saw the girl sitting on Hopkins’ lap, confirming the parents concerns. John Austin Hopkins was immediately removed from the classroom and turned it over to the Springboro Police Department and a full investigation began prompting authorities to study security camera footage dating back to December 2018. In the video, Hopkins was allegedly seen putting his hands up the shirts and skirts of the girls. The grand jury was presented with incidences of alleged inappropriate touching of 88 different first grade girls. They decided to indict 36 counts of gross sexual imposition related to 28 different girls. The 36 sexual misconduct charges are all third-degree felonies, which each carry a 5-year maximum prison sentence.

More here:
SMH: Ohio Gym Teacher Caught On Camera Allegedly Sexually Abusing 28 First-Grade Girls

Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Launches Youth Mentoring Initiative

Go here to read the rest:

A tlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms is ensuring that the children in her city have a solid foundation for success. According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution , she announced that the city of Atlanta is launching a mentor challenge in an effort to provide guidance for 100 boys. In the spirit of Father's Day, we're proud to share our partnership with Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms and the City of Atlanta on the '100 Men to Mentor' initiative. What better way to honor the male mentor in your life than by becoming a Big Brother? https://t.co/c7ZcbFkStr — BBBS of Metro ATL (@BBBSatl) June 16, 2019 The initiative—dubbed the 100 Men To Mentors Challenge—is a collaborative effort between the city and the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta organization. It’s being rolled out under the My Brother’s Keeper project. Organizers are searching for mentors from different industries who can commit to meeting with their mentee a few times a month to cultivate an impactful relationship. Mayor Bottoms believes representation is a key factor when it comes to success for young men. “I know how important it is for youth in our communities to see and engage with positive male role models,” she said in a statement, according to the news outlet. “It is up to all of us to create the kind of city that we want to live in and I am confident that the men of Atlanta will answer the call to help us create a city where our boys see and believe that they can become anything they dream of being.” Kwame Johnson , President and CEO of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta believes that the program will help the youth navigate life. Mentors are needed throughout the country. According to the Youth Mentor initiative , there are 16 million children between the ages of 8 and 18 who don’t have a mentor. SEE ALSO: Detroit High School For Underserved Youth Has 100 Percent College Acceptance Rate National Trust’s Youth Program To Preserve Black Historic Landmarks [ione_media_gallery src=”https://newsone.com” id=”3880863″ overlay=”true”]

Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Launches Youth Mentoring Initiative

Celebrity Seeds: Kobe Bryant Announces That Wife Vanessa Delivered Baby Daughter Capri Kobe Bryant

View this post on Instagram Happy Mother’s Day @vanessabryant we love you and thank you for all that you do for our family. You are the foundation of all that we hold dear. I love you #mybaby #lioness #mamabear #queenmamba A post shared by Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) on May 12, 2019 at 1:33pm PDT Kobe Byrant And Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby Capri Kobe Bryant We sure that Kobe Bryant loves all of his kids, but he’s been very vocal about wanting a lil’ boy and just the other day he got further from that goal lol. The Mamba took to Instagram to announce to the world that he and his wife Vanessa are now parents to yet another baby girl, Capri Kobe Bryant, who was born on Thursday! View this post on Instagram We are beyond excited that our baby girl “Koko” has arrived!! #bryantbunch #4princesses #blessed A post shared by Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) on Jun 21, 2019 at 12:19pm PDT “Koko” is a cute nickname! If you remember, it was back in March when the Bryant’s told the world of their pregnancy and Kobe vowed that he would continue trying for that elusive baby boy. There’s not enough security in the world to keep Kobe from shooting up Vanessa’s Bella Noches box. Congrats!

More here:
Celebrity Seeds: Kobe Bryant Announces That Wife Vanessa Delivered Baby Daughter Capri Kobe Bryant