Related Stories: Want To Keep Your Kid Busy? Here Are Some Resources In Metro Atlanta Reec Mediates “Clippers & Cops” – People Air Out Issues With The Police Did you catch Reec on 11Alive talking about ways to end teen gun violence in Atlanta?
Source: Thaddaeus McAdams / Getty Earlier this year T.I. ‘s sister Antoinette “Precious” Harris Chapman passed away and now the rapper is honoring her legacy with a new scholarship program. Partnering with VH1 and the United Negro College Fund, T.I. announced the Precious Chapman Scholarship Fund during the annual Dear Mama: A Love Letter To Mama ceremony. “My sister Precious was a single mother, who worked to make life better for her children and everyone she encountered,” he said, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution . “In the spirit of that, we are awarding a deserving student a scholarship in my sister’s name.” The site reports that this year’s $25,000 prize went to Tierani Scott, who is a single mother and junior at Philander Smith College in Little Rock, Arkansas. May Precious rest in peace. Photo: Getty
Source: Thaddaeus McAdams / Getty Earlier this year T.I. ‘s sister Antoinette “Precious” Harris Chapman passed away and now the rapper is honoring her legacy with a new scholarship program. Partnering with VH1 and the United Negro College Fund, T.I. announced the Precious Chapman Scholarship Fund during the annual Dear Mama: A Love Letter To Mama ceremony. “My sister Precious was a single mother, who worked to make life better for her children and everyone she encountered,” he said, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution . “In the spirit of that, we are awarding a deserving student a scholarship in my sister’s name.” The site reports that this year’s $25,000 prize went to Tierani Scott, who is a single mother and junior at Philander Smith College in Little Rock, Arkansas. May Precious rest in peace. Photo: Getty
Source: Jason Miller / Getty Ty Lue who was LeBron James top choice to take over the vacant head coaching job of the Los Angeles Lakers will not be sitting courtside when next season tips off. According to reports, negotiations between the former Cavaliers head coach and the Lakers fell through. League sources told ESPN contract negotiations between the Lakers and Lue ended with the parties not reaching an agreement at all. Per ESPN : Lue and his representatives turned down the Lakers’ offer Tuesday, league sources said. The Lakers, then on Wednesday offered Lue a deal in the range of three years and $18 million, after which Lue’s side pulled out of negotiations. According to the sources, Lue’s camp was seeking a five-year deal with a salary commensurate with a championship résumé. Beyond an inability to agree on contractual terms, the Lakers had proposed several scenarios involving their preferred candidates for assistant coaches, including Jason Kidd, sources said. Looks like Laker fans will have to wait a little bit longer for the return of the Showtime era . The dysfunction is on ten in the Los Angeles Lakers organization. On top of not being able to secure the deal with Ty Lue, Stephen A. Smith is reporting that people close to Lakers’ president Jeanie Buss are telling her to trade LeBron James. 'Some people close to Jeanie Buss are telling her to trade Lebron james.” – SAS pic.twitter.com/K9XcuxjItu — John Ledesma (@JohnnyNBA) May 8, 2019 With Lue out of the picture, ESPN reports the former Orlando Magic coach Frank Vogel and Juwan Howard are currently being considered for the head coaching position. We shall see how this plays out, but this is definitely not what LeBron James signed up for when he joined the Los Angeles Lakers. — Photos: Jason Miller / Getty
Source: Jason Miller / Getty Ty Lue who was LeBron James top choice to take over the vacant head coaching job of the Los Angeles Lakers will not be sitting courtside when next season tips off. According to reports, negotiations between the former Cavaliers head coach and the Lakers fell through. League sources told ESPN contract negotiations between the Lakers and Lue ended with the parties not reaching an agreement at all. Per ESPN : Lue and his representatives turned down the Lakers’ offer Tuesday, league sources said. The Lakers, then on Wednesday offered Lue a deal in the range of three years and $18 million, after which Lue’s side pulled out of negotiations. According to the sources, Lue’s camp was seeking a five-year deal with a salary commensurate with a championship résumé. Beyond an inability to agree on contractual terms, the Lakers had proposed several scenarios involving their preferred candidates for assistant coaches, including Jason Kidd, sources said. Looks like Laker fans will have to wait a little bit longer for the return of the Showtime era . The dysfunction is on ten in the Los Angeles Lakers organization. On top of not being able to secure the deal with Ty Lue, Stephen A. Smith is reporting that people close to Lakers’ president Jeanie Buss are telling her to trade LeBron James. 'Some people close to Jeanie Buss are telling her to trade Lebron james.” – SAS pic.twitter.com/K9XcuxjItu — John Ledesma (@JohnnyNBA) May 8, 2019 With Lue out of the picture, ESPN reports the former Orlando Magic coach Frank Vogel and Juwan Howard are currently being considered for the head coaching position. We shall see how this plays out, but this is definitely not what LeBron James signed up for when he joined the Los Angeles Lakers. — Photos: Jason Miller / Getty
Source: Nuccio DiNuzzo / Getty R. Kelly Tip Hotline Flooded With Calls From Women Bragging About Sex With Singer R. Kelly is a piece of s#!t. Period. But that hasn’t stopped DOZENS of women from calling a hotline meant to help victims to share grocery store erotica tales about their “multiple trysts” with the accused rapist and sexual abuser. Source: KAMIL KRZACZYNSKI / Getty We’ll never understand women like the one pictured above who can still Stan for R. Kelly (not that she had sex with him, but still…) According to TMZ , prosecutor Kim Foxx set up a phone number that people could call with information about Robert. Instead, it is reported that scores of women have called telling stories of consensual sex with him. Even some men have called in to tell stories about women they know who have slept with the singer. Source: Nuccio DiNuzzo / Getty Really??? Thirsty selfies with THAT guy??? SMFH. The sheer amount of calls from women who are STILL enamored with Kelly has shocked investigators, but ultimately, the stories are useless in regards to the criminal case. People seem to think that just because Robert has had consensual sex before, that they are incapable of rape or sex assault. People are dumb. As hell. Lord, father, please send R. Kelly to the dustiest, dingiest, most dangerous prison in America. Amen.
Source: Matt Winkelmeyer / Getty 90s Sitcom Stars Talk Motherhood The girls that we watched on our favorite 90s sitcoms are now grown a$$ women with kids of their own. Netflix rounded up some of the most influential 90s stars Tia Mowry, Melissa Joan Hart and Full House’s Jodie Sweetin to talk about their experiences with motherhood and more. Press play below to go back in time and simultaneously feel old as HELL. Happy early mother’s day!
View this post on Instagram Is it still #NationalLingerieDay ? A post shared by Cindy Bruna (@cindybruna) on Apr 25, 2019 at 6:08am PDT Michael B. Jordan has been enjoying the hell out of his single life ever since he became an international sex symbol after hitting the gym for some of his action flicks. While he’s been out meeting women, he’s been fairly or unfairly tagged as someone who doesn’t date or have interest in black women. Well, that seems to be a stigma of the past. Jordan has been linked to Kiki Layne in the last few months. Now he appears to be at least going out on dates with Victoria’s Secret model Cindy Bruna. He’d apparently been liking her photos for a while now and maybe someone hopped in someone’s DMs. Either way, after the Met Gala, the two had dinner together for four whole hours. That seems…fun. View this post on Instagram Sweet life live it, it’s yours A post shared by Cindy Bruna (@cindybruna) on Apr 12, 2019 at 10:11am PDT Take a look at the stunning beauty that may have all of Michael B. Jordan’s attention right now.
Source: VH1 / VH1 If you watched this week’s Love & Hip-Hop: Atlanta then you know the crew had a bit of marriage counseling led by the beacons of marital bliss…*checks notes*…Kirk and Rasheeda. This was going to be bad from the jump. The big news out of the counseling session was Rasheeda saying that she had been unfaithful to Kirk in the past. We guess this was a way to explain why she has stayed with Kirk after years and years of cheating and babies with side chicks. While this shocked the cast, namely Yung Joe, it didn’t quite get a lot of support from fans who think Rasheeda is full of s***. Basically they think she is making it up so she doesn’t look so much like a boo boo the fool for the way she keeps taking Kirk back. Rasheeda you know you ain’t cheat on Kirk yo ass just tired of looking stupid #LHHATL pic.twitter.com/lLwAvc6wxy — ♚KingJuice♚ (@BreeGotDaJuice) May 7, 2019 The jokes are taking off and we can’t stop laughing. Take a look…
Source: FayesVision/WENN.com / WENN Offset Possibly Targeted In A Drive-By Shooting Offset was recording at an Atlanta studio on Wednesday night during a drive-by shooting at the same location. According to reports from TMZ , a studio where the Migos rapper was recording was “peppered with bullets.” Law enforcement sources who spoke with the publication said that the shooting occurred around 9 p.m at the Crossover Entertainment Group studio in Atlanta, Georgia. When police arrived at the scene, they found damage to three vehicles as well as the exterior of the building. There were reports following this incident that one person on the scene had been shot in the leg, but police were unable to locate a shooting victim. Surveillance video shows a person leaning out the window of a car while firing at the building. Anonymous sources also told TMZ that the shooting happened shortly after Offset stepped outside of his recording session to get some air. The remaining people inside the studio ended up hiding in an interior room following the shooting and the rapper had reportedly left the scene already by the time officers arrived. The Migos member isn’t on the best of terms with the law right now–facing three felony gun charges and another warrant for allegedly breaking someone’s phone –so it makes sense that he didn’t want to be seen caught up in the commotion of a crime scene.