The rest is here:
Posted in Celebrities, Hollywood, Hot Stuff, News
Tagged art, carpet, celeb news, entertainment news, jesse-grant, latest-music, medium, Music, News, stan lee dies, stars, TMZ
See the article here:
S tacey Abrams is still fighting for every vote in Georgia to be counted, while Brian Kemp ‘s campaign is claiming he won the governor race. However, the Associated Press , NBC and CNN did not call the race. Therefore, Abrams filed a new lawsuit on Sunday. See Also: Bill Cosby Sentenced To 3 To 10 Years In Prison For Sexual Assault Conviction According to the Associated Press , Abrams’ camp “filed a federal lawsuit Sunday asking a judge to delay vote certifications in Georgia’s unsettled governor’s race by one day and to make officials count any votes that were wrongly rejected. If successful, the suit would prevent officials from certifying county vote totals until Wednesday and could restore at least 1,095 votes that weren’t counted.” In a conference call, Abrams’ campaign manager Lauren Groh-Wargom said the state’s numbers “can’t be trusted” and “that 5,000 votes came in Saturday.” She also said, “This race is not over. It’s still too close to call.” Brian Kemp’s team have not responded to the lawsuit. There was another lawsuit filed last week by five Georgia voters asking for Kemp to stop being involved in the election results. He was the secretary of state, which means he oversaw his own election. Even former President Jimmy Carter called on Kemp to resign . Laurence Schwartzol of Protect Democracy, a nonpartisan nonprofit, is a lawyer for the voters and said, “This lawsuit is all about a fundamental unfairness — to have Kemp run the rules of this election, where Secretary Kemp has showed he misused his office in hyper-partisan way.” Kemp resigned on Friday, but many people felt like it was too late and his voter suppression tactics had already done damage. Stay in the fight, Stacey Abrams. SEE ALSO: All The Ways Cops Are Still Trying To Cover Up LaQuan McDonald’s Execution Outrageous! Figurines Of White Cherub Crushing Head Of Black Angel Removed From Dollar Store Meet Jogger Joe, The Man Who Took Racist Cue From BBQ Becky In Tossing Homeless Man’s Clothes [ione_media_gallery src=”https://newsone.com” id=”3828001″ overlay=”true”]
Stacey Abrams Campaign Files Federal Lawsuit For Every Vote To Be Counted
See the article here:
S tacey Abrams is still fighting for every vote in Georgia to be counted, while Brian Kemp ‘s campaign is claiming he won the governor race. However, the Associated Press , NBC and CNN did not call the race. Therefore, Abrams filed a new lawsuit on Sunday. See Also: Bill Cosby Sentenced To 3 To 10 Years In Prison For Sexual Assault Conviction According to the Associated Press , Abrams’ camp “filed a federal lawsuit Sunday asking a judge to delay vote certifications in Georgia’s unsettled governor’s race by one day and to make officials count any votes that were wrongly rejected. If successful, the suit would prevent officials from certifying county vote totals until Wednesday and could restore at least 1,095 votes that weren’t counted.” In a conference call, Abrams’ campaign manager Lauren Groh-Wargom said the state’s numbers “can’t be trusted” and “that 5,000 votes came in Saturday.” She also said, “This race is not over. It’s still too close to call.” Brian Kemp’s team have not responded to the lawsuit. There was another lawsuit filed last week by five Georgia voters asking for Kemp to stop being involved in the election results. He was the secretary of state, which means he oversaw his own election. Even former President Jimmy Carter called on Kemp to resign . Laurence Schwartzol of Protect Democracy, a nonpartisan nonprofit, is a lawyer for the voters and said, “This lawsuit is all about a fundamental unfairness — to have Kemp run the rules of this election, where Secretary Kemp has showed he misused his office in hyper-partisan way.” Kemp resigned on Friday, but many people felt like it was too late and his voter suppression tactics had already done damage. Stay in the fight, Stacey Abrams. SEE ALSO: All The Ways Cops Are Still Trying To Cover Up LaQuan McDonald’s Execution Outrageous! Figurines Of White Cherub Crushing Head Of Black Angel Removed From Dollar Store Meet Jogger Joe, The Man Who Took Racist Cue From BBQ Becky In Tossing Homeless Man’s Clothes [ione_media_gallery src=”https://newsone.com” id=”3828001″ overlay=”true”]
Stacey Abrams Campaign Files Federal Lawsuit For Every Vote To Be Counted
See the original post here:
Join Our Text Club To Get The Latest Music, Entertainment, Contests And Breaking News On Your Phone. Text VIP to 71007 to join! Source: Isaac Brekken / Getty The second episode of Chad Loves Michelle , the reality series starring Destiny’s Child singer Michelle Williams and her fiancé Chad Johnson aired on OWN Sunday night with plenty of people raising concern about the couple, namely in regards to one argument which made it on camera for everyone to see. The show depicts the couple’s road to newlywed bliss and the rocky road even that has been. In one clip, the two are having a discussion when Michelle brings up the topic of race, which Chad disapproves of. “I said something to him on the lines of ‘Well, Chad, because you are not Black you would not understand why I communicate the way I do. Maybe because you didn’t grow up around a lot of Black people.’ So that was very, very offensive to Chad,” Michelle recalled in the clip. RELATED: Michelle Williams Defends Doing Reality TV RELATED: Michelle Williams Thanks Fans After Seeking Treatment For Depression Johnson was so offended by the notion that he alluded to Michelle’s battles with mental health just to spite her. “And this is not to justify it, but yesterday when we had the disagreement, he said ‘Did you take your meds today?’” Michelle told the counselor. Johnson apologized for the remark and said that he lost his temper but that the remark had everything to do with he and Michelle’s racial differences. But is it a red flag for their marriage? Watch and judge for yourself.
Posted in Celebrities, Hollywood, Hot Stuff, News
Tagged after-seeking, child, counselor, couple, disagreement, Entertainment, isaac-brekken, live, lost, Music, porsha, TMZ, watch, williams
Original post:
Source: Prince Williams / Getty It’s Miami time on Real Housewives of Atlanta ! Porsha happens to be in Miami with her boo, Dennis, celebrating her birthday at the same time as NeNe, who’s there for work. Porsha makes sure the girls come down and surprise NeNe since she’s going through a rough time with regard to Gregg’s health. Porsha slips away from Dennis for a minute to kick it with the ladies, who have arrived by now. We’ve got Eva, Marlo, Cynthia and Kandi there. Gregg even joins NeNe in Miami. That latter part is a blessing in itself that he’s even able to be there, and he gives her space enough to kick it with her crew. NeNe is quite happy and surprised to see the girls and her show goes well. You know she was nervous because we all remember last year’s Uber fiasco. The girls get together for dinner after the show and have a nice kiki. Porsha even spills the deets on her romantic time with her boyfriend and for some reason (because Porsha is Porsha) shares that they’ve been sharing a toothbrush. She even asks them if any of them have shared a toothbrush with their significant other as if this is normal. Of course, none of them have. In other news, Kandi happens to have tea on Porsha’s man, but she decides to keep it to herself…kind of. Later on, she calls Todd, the only person she can really talk to, and explains that she knows a few different women who have dated Dennis. She kind of leaves of hanging by not really giving details but we know that it must be juicy because she says that Porsha should pace herself. Todd wisely tells Kandi to stay out of it and Kandi says she will (despite being on camera). We all know that love stories on this show are never straightforward, obvi. Overall, Miami goes really well. This group actually manages to get along and even Porsha and Marlo are back on good terms. This is major! Remember when Porsha and Marlo tried to kill each other in Spain over a dang rug? They’ve truly moved past it and even snuck away from the group to hang out solo and Marlo is the first one from this group to actually meet Dennis and she actually loves him. That’s a good sign but based on the trailer for next week’s episode, the overall drama will arrive. Shade abounds. RELATED POSTS ‘RHOAS11’ Recap: Porsha Plans Surprise Girls Trip To Cheer NeNe Up ‘RHOAS10’ Recap: Kim And Her Wig Are Done With The Show For Good
Posted in Celebrities, Hollywood, Hot Stuff, News
Tagged entertainment news, House, live, News, porsha, prince, prince-williams, Spain, surprise-girls
Here is the original post:
T he problematic design of Broward County’s ballots could have given prominence to the Florida gubernatorial race in which Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum could become the state’s first Black governor. SEE ALSO: Andrew Gillum Fires Back At Wannabe Dictator Donald Trump Controversy over the design brewed as a machine recount of statewide ballots was ordered on Saturday, which prompted Gillum to withdraw his earlier concession of defeat to GOP rival Ron DeSantis on election night. “Let me say clearly, I am replacing my words of concession with an uncompromising and unapologetic call that we count every single vote. I say this recognizing my fate in this may or may not change,” he said at a news conference. DeSantis led Gillum by fewer than 34,000 votes or a margin of .409 percent, which triggered an automatic machine recount under Florida law because the difference was less than half a percentage point, USA Today reported. Mayor Andrew Gillum: “Let me say clearly, I am replacing my words of concession with an uncompromised, and unapologetic call that we count every single vote.” Can we get an amen? pic.twitter.com/fUaeadGbiO — Ricky Davila (@TheRickyDavila) November 11, 2018 Broward County, a Democratic stronghold in South Florida, is at the epicenter of the tightly contested governor race, as well as the U.S. Senate competition between Democratic incumbent Sen. Bill Nelson and Gov. Rick Scott . One puzzling issue surrounds the fact that about 26,000 more voters chose a gubernatorial candidate but not a Senate candidate. The ballot design could explain what happened, NBC News reported. The list of Senate candidates appeared buried at the bottom left column of the ballot, under the list of instructions. Candidates for governor, however, were placed at the top of the center column in a prominent position. There could be tens of thousands of uncounted votes in Broward County, where Elections Supervisor Brenda Snipes is under scrutiny by Republicans . Broward was also at the center of Florida’s botched 2000 presidential election. Meanwhile, DeSantis has declared himself the winner, even though the race is too close to call. His campaign released a video on Saturday restating its view that DeSantis, who had the full support of President Donald Trump , won the race. Gillum dismissed his opponent’s claim to victory given the uncounted votes. “What I do know is that every single Floridian who took time to go out to cast their vote, to participate in this process deserve the comfort of knowing that in a democratic society and in this process, every vote will be counted,” Gillum said. SEE ALSO: Watch Racist White Women Harass An Andrew Gillum Supporter: ‘Go Back To Africa!’ Stacey Abrams Campaign Speaks Out On Trifling Brian Kemp Trying To Claim He Won Georgia [ione_media_gallery src=”https://newsone.com” id=”3835568″ overlay=”true”]
Problems With Broward County Ballots Could Bode Well For Gillum
Continue reading here:
M aryland’s Democratic Rep. Elijah Cummings was expected to lead the powerful House Oversight Committee when his party takes leadership of the U.S. House of Representative in January, putting him in position to spearhead the chamber’s investigation of President Donald Trump ’s administration. SEE ALSO: Here’s Everyone Charged In The Trump Russia Investigation Cummings planned to use his subpoena powers evenhandedly. “I’m not going to be handing out subpoenas like somebody’s handing out candy on Halloween. If I have to use them, they will be used in a methodical way,” Cummings told host George Stephanopoulos on ABC’s “This Week,” adding that his focus is on the public interest. Rep. Elijah Cummings on investigating the Trump administration: “I'm not going to be handing out subpoenas like somebody's handing out candy on Halloween… if I have to use them they will be used in a methodical way and it must be in the public interest.” https://t.co/kEzanELn3I pic.twitter.com/5sxhZp2sJi — ABC News (@ABC) November 11, 2018 Democrats swept the Republicans out of power in the House on Election Day, gaining at least 30 more seats than the GOP did, as vote counts continued Sunday in several tight races. Republican leaders in the House and Senate were widely seen as protecting the president in Robert Mueller ’s ongoing investigation of the Trump campaign’s possible collusion with Russia to win the 2016 presidential election, as well as possible obstruction of justice. Trump warned Democrats on Wednesday that he’s ready to go to war with House Democrats is they stepped up efforts to investigate him. “If the Democrats think they are going to waste Taxpayer Money investigating us at the House level, then we will likewise be forced to consider investigating them for all of the leaks of Classified Information, and much else, at the Senate level. Two can play that game!” Trump tweeted . Cummings was not intimidated, noting that the investigation seeks to find out the truth. “Even in Trump country, they basically are saying that, ‘We want transparency, we want honesty, and we want integrity.’ But they want something else, George. They want accountability with regard to this president, and that’s exactly what I’m going to do if I’m blessed to have that opportunity,” the congressman said. SEE ALSO: Andrew Gillum Fires Back At Wannabe Dictator Donald Trump Bernie Sanders Backtracks After Saying White People Aren’t Necessarily Racist Who Felt Uncomfortable Voting For Stacey Abrams And Andrew Gillum [ione_media_gallery src=”https://newsone.com” id=”3835568″ overlay=”true”]
Elijah Cummings Vows Evenhanded Investigation Of Trump Instead Of Dragging The President
Read the original post:
Count on the Internet to turn anything into a challenge and make it it funny AF. An old video from 2009 has resurfaced of a girl getting her hip roll on in the Apple Store, and now everyone is making their way to their local Apple Store to show off their they’re best early 2000’s dance moves. Lashay Hinton , the young lady who started the trend, probably had no idea that her video would go viral nearly ten years after she sneakily body rolled to Pretty Ricky in her finest middle school attire. @Dannicka tweeted , “Where are y’all getting these clothes from for the apple store challenge? Do y’all seriously have that in y’all closets? Currently!!??” Social media comedian Lala Milan was the first brave soul to take on the #AppleStoreChallenge: And it was so funny that folks are saying her video was more hilarious than the original. But she certainly won’t be the last. Hinton caught wind of her old video going viral and took to Instagram to re-promote it (and herself) like it’s ’09 all over again. But Lashay is not the young, silly middle schooler she was when the original video was recorded. She’s a working mom now and self proclaimed “Apple Store Queen”. She also asked folks who are commented and reposting her video to show her some love via cash app. It be like that. Hit the flip to take a look at some of the funniest Apple Store challenge videos so far.
The Apple Store Challenge Has Folks Hilariously Dancing In Public Like It’s ’09 Again
Posted in Celebrities, Hollywood, Hot Stuff, News
Tagged apple-store, bennyhollywood, celeb news, entertainment news, Hollywood, instagram-photo, internet, Photo, show-off-their, store-challenge, video, Videos, viral, young
Visit link:
H ampton University has hit a major milestone in the realm of sports. The Virginia-based institution has made history by becoming the first historically Black college and university to add a women’s varsity triathlon team to their list of sports programs, HBCU Gameday reported. #Hampton University to be first HBCU to participate in women’s triathlon at varsity level https://t.co/HyuXayaoRD pic.twitter.com/1EJOVO5aST — WGNT CW 27 (@WGNTCW27) October 31, 2018 The program—which is slated to kick off in Fall 2019—will be the institution’s 19th varsity sport, the news outlet writes. The school was able to create the team through the help of a $225,000 grant that was issued by the USA Triathlon Foundation. The funds will go toward hiring a coach to lead the team, player scholarships, travel and other expenses. “Hampton University’s addition of a varsity women’s triathlon program is cause for celebration for many reasons,” Rocky Harris , CEO, USA Triathlon, said in a statement, according to the news outlet. “USA Triathlon is in the process of working with HBCUs on a variety of upcoming initiatives to increase diversity in triathlon at the youth and collegiate level, and this is an important step in that journey. The academic and athletic administration at Hampton have proven to be leaders by committing to this unique opportunity for female student-athletes, who will shape the future of our sport for years to come.” Leaders at Hampton believe that the addition of the team will be instrumental in creating pathways for Black women athletes to pursue careers in sports and will contribute to diversifying a sport where they are underrepresented. “Once again, just like in sailing and lacrosse, we are pioneering something in sports and specifically for women. This is not the first time that Hampton has led, and others will follow,” Hampton University president William R. Harvey told the Washington Post . Diversity in the sport is needed. According to a report released by Triathlon Business International , Black people make up 0.5% of triathlon athletes. SEE ALSO: Russian Player Goes Unpunished In ‘Sportsmanship’ Double Standard That Probably Would Have Gotten Serena Fined Olivette Otele Becomes First Black Woman History Professor In The UK [ione_media_gallery src=”https://newsone.com” id=”3836012″ overlay=”true”]
Hampton University Becomes First HBCU To Have Women’s Triathlon Team
Posted in Celebrities, Hollywood, Hot Stuff, News
Tagged black, business, double-standard, gotten-serena, Hollywood, live, News, olivette-otele, Sports, TMZ