Darren Sharper, a former All-Pro defensive back who played for three teams over a 14-year career, has been arrested on charge of rape. The Los Angeles Police Department says it is investigating Sharper in conjunction with a pair of sexual assaults that took place in West L.A., one this month and one in October. He was released Friday on $200,000 bail and is expected back in court on February 14. The New Orleans Police Department, meanwhile, says it is also looking into an allegation of sexual assault filed against Sharper on September 24. Shaper has worked as an analyst for the NFL Network since 2010 and has been suspended without pay “until further notice,” according to a spokesman for the network. Sharper, 38, starred over the years for the Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings and New Orleans Saints. He recorded 63 career interceptions and was named to 2000’s All-Decade Team.
As we previously reported, Madonna posted a picture of her teenaged son on her Instagram account. Upon posting the pic she referred to him as “#dis nigga”.…
A tweet at a member of the ‘Duck Dynasty’ family had the musician in the middle of a Twitter firestorm Saturday night. Liam didn’t apologize, but did offer his thoughts on cheesecake. By Kase Wickman
We’re only three weeks into 2014 and Vine is already on track to be funnier and more outrageous than it was in 2013. Hit the jump for the funniest Vines of the week .
Juan Pablo Galavis has issued an apology for remarks he made today in regard to the possibility of a gay Bachelor on ABC. When asked in an interview if the network should ever center a season around a homosexual single man, the Season 18 hunt said no… that would not be a “good example” for viewers. Juan Pablo later added that gay people are “more pervert in a sense” and the show would be “too strong” if they were involved. In a long Facebook post, however, the Bachelor has backtracked and tried to explain the remarks. “I want to apologize to all the people I may have offended because of my comments on having a Gay or Bisexual Bachelor. The comment was taken out of context. If you listen to the entire interview, there’s nothing but respect for Gay people and their families. “I have many gay friends and one of my closest friends who’s like a brother has been a constant in my life especially during the past 5 months.” 9 Hottest Bachelors in ABC History Open Slideshow 1. Juan Pablo Juan Pablo is extending a rose in this photo. We know millions of women would love to take it. View As List 1. Juan Pablo Juan Pablo is extending a rose in this photo. We know millions of women would love to take it. 2. Andrew Firestone Andrew Firestone is a contender for Hottest Bachelor Ever. Might he win? 3. Jesse Palmer Jesse Palmer can throw a football. Can he also make you swoon? 4. Andrew Baldwin Will you accept Andrew Baldwin’s rose? He was an early contestant on this ABC hit. 5. Brad Womack Brad Womack was the Bachelor on TWO occasions. Where does he rank among all-time hotties? 6. Jason Mesnick Jason Mesnick won over Molly. Can he do the same for you? 7. Jake Pavelka Jake Pavelka was a controversial Bachelor. But you can’t deny his hotness. 8. Ben Flajnik Ben Flajnik is very easy on the eyes. Fans fell in love with him on The Bachelor. 9. Sean Lowe Hello there, Sean Lowe! This Bachelor ranks among the show’s best looking. Galavis then said his difficulties with English are partly to blame for the scandal. “The word pervert was not what I meant to say and I am very sorry about it. Everyone knows English is my second language and my vocabulary is not as broad as it is in Spanish and, because of this, sometimes I use the wrong words to express myself. What I meant to say was that gay people are more affectionate and intense and for a segment of the TV audience this would be too racy to accept. “The show is very racy as it is and I don’t let my 5 year old daughter watch it. Once again, I’m sorry for how my words were taken. I would never disrespect anyone. Sinceramente, Juan Pablo Galavis.” ABC quickly condemned Juan Pablo’s comments as ”careless, thoughtless and insensitive.” Should this be the end of the controversy? Like A&E with Phil Robertson , should ABC somehow discipline Galavis? Will you still watch The Bachelor online ? And SHOULD ABC base a season around a gay bachelor? No, it would set a bad example Yes, it’s about time I don’t care View Poll »
Would you put this black stuff in your mouth? Haribo To End Production Of Racist Candy Via Telegraph German sweet maker Haribo has stopped selling some of its liquorice sweets in Sweden and Denmark because certain consumers considered them racist. The sweets, part of the Skipper Mix salty blend that has been on the market for years, will no longer feature the controversial figures in both Scandinavian countries. Haribo said it had taken into account the critical comments made on the internet in recent weeks. “We decided that we could keep the product while removing the parts that certain consumers found offensive,” Haribo Sweden head Ola Dagliden told AFP. The offending sweets are in the shape of ethnic masks or facial representations that resemble primitive African, Asian or Native American art. No shady snacks please.