Tag Archives: Celebrities

Diggy Simmons Breaks Down Key Scenes In ‘Two Up’ Video

‘I like how it came out overall for real. It’s just a good feeling,’ Diggy tells MTV News of his new video. By Rob Markman Diggy Simmons Photo: MTV News Diggy’s “Two Up” party isn’t over. On Friday, Young Mr. Simmons celebrated the premiere of his “Two Up” video with MTV’s RapFix blog, and the teenage MC was so excited that he sat with MTV News and broke down each scene in the Clifton Bell-directed clip. The vid begins with Diggy standing alone, playing air piano in time with the track’s opening keys. The action may seem insignificant, but it’s actually a key component to the song. “That was what really drew me to the track when I first heard the beat,” he said. “It was just those piano keys that I love.” As the beat begins to take shape, so does the video, and a bouncer begins to let Diggy’s specially invited guests into the party. Of course the crowd is compromised mostly of females. “There were so many girls at the shoot that we were like, ‘We have to get some dudes in the mix,’ ” Diggy said, laughing at the non-dilemma. “They were like New York, young kids, you know how they get,” the MC said of the video’s extras. “It was good energy and we didn’t even have to tell them to get hyped at no point in the video. I was feeding off of their energy when I was in front of them during those shots. It was just easy.” It wasn’t just the crowd that excited Diggy: The fashion-forward MC was also hyped at his on-camera wardrobe, though some of his favorite items didn’t even make the cut. In one scene Simmons sports a turquoise jacket with two mini-Jesus pieces around his neck. On his feet he wears a special pair of black and gold Air Jordan #6s that were released back in 2006 and now go for as much as $850 online. “I’m kinda mad that you didn’t get that in the shot,” Diggy said of his coveted footwear. Another key scene, in which a silhouetted Diggs dances across the screen, was actually inspired by another rap great. For the “Two Up” video, Simmons borrowed from Kanye West’s 2007 clip for “Homecoming.” “That whole silhouette idea is something that we drew inspiration from but made it a little different with the color, because that video is black and white,” he explained. “I like how it came out overall for real. It’s just a good feeling.” What do you think of Diggy’s “Two Up” video? Tell us in the comments! Related Artists Diggy Simmons

Link:
Diggy Simmons Breaks Down Key Scenes In ‘Two Up’ Video

Jennifer Lopez Tops Forbes Celebrity 100

Oprah and Justin Bieber follow, with Lady Gaga falling from #1 to #5 and Katy Perry and Rihanna making top 10 debuts. By John Mitchell Jennifer Lopez Photo: Mike Coppola/ Getty Images There’s no doubt Jennifer Lopez has experienced one of the most meteoric comebacks in recent memory, and it seems Forbes is taking note, granting the multi-hyphenate mogul the top spot on its annual Celebrity 100. Lopez unseats Lady Gaga , who took top honors last year but falls to #5 in this year’s ranking; her visibility and earnings were lower in the last 12 months because she wasn’t touring, having wrapped her Monster Ball in May of last year and only recently launching her latest road show, the Born This Way Ball. Rihanna and Kim Kardashian debut on the list in grand fashion, coming in at 4 and 7, respectively. The two benefited from the inclusion of a “Social Rank” among the factors, which include money earned, TV/radio presence and level of press attention, used to formulate the listing, which aims to reflect the level of influence a celebrity has in the entertainment industry. With her millions of followers on Twitter and Facebook, Rihanna came in second in the Social Rank category. Explaining Lopez’s position on the list, Forbes writes, “[‘American Idol’] gave her a platform to promote her music and turn her image around. It didn’t hurt that she also split from her husband, Marc Anthony. Suddenly a single mother, Lopez lapped up the media attention and scored lucrative endorsement deals with companies like L’Oreal and Gillette. She now has a line of clothing at Kohl’s, a top-selling fragrance and she was able to secure a nice bump — to $20 million — on her’ Idol’ salary for a second season. With 6.6 million followers on Twitter and 12 million fans on Facebook, she’s also proved a master of social media.” Oprah Winfrey held on to the #2 spot on the list and was its top earner ($165 million) despite a tough year that saw her syndicated talk show come to a planned end after 25 years and her OWN cable network struggle in the ratings. Justin Bieber also held onto the #3 position he debuted in last year. The “Boyfriend” pop star earned an impressive $55 million in the last 12 months and garnered top 10 rankings elsewhere across the board, coming in at #3 in the Social Rank and #4 in the TV/Radio Rank. Her long list of chart-topping singles and the press attention around her divorce from Russell Brand, in addition to her strong Twitter presence and largely sold-out California Dreams world tour, were enough to push Katy Perry into the top 10 after debuting on the countdown last year at #12. She leaps six spots in this year’s ranking, placing at #6 with a not-too-shabby $45 million earned. Looking at the list and the various artists’ rankings in the five categories used to determine their placement, there’s a sense that the actual positions are more arbitrary than usual. For example, Lopez is #1 despite not ranking inside the top 10 in any of the categories (and is as low as #30 in money, #22 in press rank and #19 in social), while both Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber earned top 10 placement in all of them except the Money Rank, the top tier of which is dominated by multimedia moguls like Winfrey, Steven Spielberg (#10 overall), Simon Cowell (#18), Dr. Dre (#26), Howard Stern (#30) and Michael Bay (#35). And then there’s Adele , who despite having the top-selling album in six years, three #1 singles (including the year’s most ubiquitous song, “Rolling in the Deep”), six Grammy wins and mountains of positive press, ranks at only #24, behind Glenn Beck (#23) and Jennifer Aniston (#22) and one spot ahead of Bon Jovi. Other notable entries on the Forbes Celebrity 100 include Taylor Swift at #11, Beyonc

When The Checks Stop Coming In: Are Terrence J And Rocsi Next Up To Get The Boot From BET???

BET Releasing “106 & Park” Co-Hosts Terrence J And Rocsi Word on the street is that “The Game” stars Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall aren’t the only ones saying goodbye to the network. It’s rumored that “106 & Park” co-hosts Terrence J and Rocsi will also be history very soon. The two reportedly only have another 3 months at the network. The timing seems right for Terrence J to leave since his career has been doing so well. He’s been a regular on “The Game” and had a big role in “Think Like A Man” not to mention his woman Selita Ebanks is a supermodel. Rocsi on the other hand — well we guess she always has radio to fall back on. That and dating rich men, riiiiiight? This is still unconfirmed so what do you think, True or False?

Read more here:
When The Checks Stop Coming In: Are Terrence J And Rocsi Next Up To Get The Boot From BET???

When The Checks Stop Coming In: Are Terrence J And Rocsi Next Up To Get The Boot From BET???

BET Releasing “106 & Park” Co-Hosts Terrence J And Rocsi Word on the street is that “The Game” stars Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall aren’t the only ones saying goodbye to the network. It’s rumored that “106 & Park” co-hosts Terrence J and Rocsi will also be history very soon. The two reportedly only have another 3 months at the network. The timing seems right for Terrence J to leave since his career has been doing so well. He’s been a regular on “The Game” and had a big role in “Think Like A Man” not to mention his woman Selita Ebanks is a supermodel. Rocsi on the other hand — well we guess she always has radio to fall back on. That and dating rich men, riiiiiight? This is still unconfirmed so what do you think, True or False?

See the rest here:
When The Checks Stop Coming In: Are Terrence J And Rocsi Next Up To Get The Boot From BET???

When The Checks Stop Coming In: Are Terrence J And Rocsi Next Up To Get The Boot From BET???

BET Releasing “106 & Park” Co-Hosts Terrence J And Rocsi Word on the street is that “The Game” stars Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall aren’t the only ones saying goodbye to the network. It’s rumored that “106 & Park” co-hosts Terrence J and Rocsi will also be history very soon. The two reportedly only have another 3 months at the network. The timing seems right for Terrence J to leave since his career has been doing so well. He’s been a regular on “The Game” and had a big role in “Think Like A Man” not to mention his woman Selita Ebanks is a supermodel. Rocsi on the other hand — well we guess she always has radio to fall back on. That and dating rich men, riiiiiight? This is still unconfirmed so what do you think, True or False?

More:
When The Checks Stop Coming In: Are Terrence J And Rocsi Next Up To Get The Boot From BET???

When The Checks Stop Coming In: Are Terrence J And Rocsi Next Up To Get The Boot From BET???

BET Releasing “106 & Park” Co-Hosts Terrence J And Rocsi Word on the street is that “The Game” stars Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall aren’t the only ones saying goodbye to the network. It’s rumored that “106 & Park” co-hosts Terrence J and Rocsi will also be history very soon. The two reportedly only have another 3 months at the network. The timing seems right for Terrence J to leave since his career has been doing so well. He’s been a regular on “The Game” and had a big role in “Think Like A Man” not to mention his woman Selita Ebanks is a supermodel. Rocsi on the other hand — well we guess she always has radio to fall back on. That and dating rich men, riiiiiight? This is still unconfirmed so what do you think, True or False?

Go here to read the rest:
When The Checks Stop Coming In: Are Terrence J And Rocsi Next Up To Get The Boot From BET???

John Travolta’s First Accuser Drops Lawsuit

Actor’s lawyer says he’s been ‘completely vindicated.’ By Gil Kaufman John Travolta Photo: Ryan Pierse/Getty Images The first of the two anonymous massage therapists who filed a sexual battery lawsuit 
 against John Travolta has withdrawn his legal action. According to CNN , Okorie Okarocha, the lawyer representing a client known as John Doe #1, filed papers on Tuesday to drop the client after he discovered that the masseur had misstated the date on which he alleged the incident with Travolta took place at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Travolta’s lawyer, Martin Singer, said the withdrawal means the actor has been “completely vindicated” and added that, “we fully expect that my client will similarly be vindicated with respect to Doe #2, as well as with respect to any other person who makes meritless claims against John Travolta.” Despite Singer’s claims, Okarocha he stood behind the second unnamed plaintiff, who claimed Travolta groped him during a massage in an Atlanta hotel last January. “I can guarantee that John Doe #2 has a truckload of witnesses to back up what he’s saying,” he said. Okarocha said the second therapist’s claims are reportedly backed up by a series of e-mails in which he complains to his supervisors about Travolta’s advances. Reacting to that comment, Singer said the documents he’s seen online purporting to be one of those e-mails, “significantly does not refer to my client at all, nor does it make any mention whatsoever of any of the things outrageously alleged in Doe #2’s lawsuit … Instead, Doe #2 voiced complaints about his co-workers gossiping and being insubordinate.” The fact that the e-mail doesn’t once mention Travolta’s name, “says it all,” according to Singer. “Nothing that is alleged in Doe #2’s lawsuit was mentioned in the e-mail he sent to his bosses, making his claims even more unbelievable … The allegations in ‘Doe #2’s’ lawsuit are unraveling, just like ‘Doe #1’s’ ridiculous allegations, which were proven false and impossible,” he said. Okarocha appeared confident in his case, though, vowing to “mop up” in the courtroom with the witnesses and documents in the case against Travolta. “I think I can show a custom, habit and practice,” Okarocha said, referring to his claims that the actor has sexually assaulted dozens of other massage therapists over the years. “If I bring in 100 people that don’t have an ax to grind, don’t want any money, they’re in 50 different states, they don’t know each other, they’re all massage therapists, they all have dates, they’re at different spa resorts and they say this exact same thing happened, it’s pretty hard to refute.” Unlike the first accuser, Okarocha vowed that his client, “ain’t going nowhere,” and is looking forward to a trial. Travolta, 58, has been married to actress Kelly Preston for 20 years and has repeatedly denied whisper campaigns about his sexuality. Before dropping the first accuser, Okarocha apologized on Friday for putting the wrong date of the John Doe #1 incident in the lawsuit, which his client initially told him occurred on January 16, 2012. Singer was able to produce a restaurant receipt and a time-stamped photo that showed Travolta was in New York, not Los Angeles, on that date. Rather than amend the lawsuit, Okarocha decided to withdraw the allegation from the suit and drop John Doe #1 to avoid hurting the chances of the second plaintiff’s suit. Radar Online reported that John Doe #1 has hired famed L.A. attorney Gloria Allred to represent him. “I represent John Doe #1. Mr. Doe’s lawsuit was dismissed without prejudice which means that he is still legally entitled to file another lawsuit against John Travolta if he chooses,” said Allred. “We are in the process of conferring with him regarding the next steps, which he may wish to take. Our client and our firm has no further comment at this time.”

Originally posted here:
John Travolta’s First Accuser Drops Lawsuit

Maria Menounos Eliminated From ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Despite Perfect Score

Remaining three celebrities — William Levy, Katherine Jenkins and Donald Driver — will continue competing for mirror ball trophy next week. By Kelley L. Carter Maria Menounos and Derek Hough on “Dancing With the Stars” Photo: ABC The truth is, anyone’s name could have been called to head home from ABC’s hit show “Dancing With the Stars” on Tuesday night and it would have been a shock. On Monday night, most of the contestants scored well with the judges. Although opera singer Katherine Jenkins has been a top performer on the show all season, she made a few missteps in one of her Monday night performances — and subsequently beat herself up about it. So folks may not have been too surprised to hear her name called as this week’s eliminated dancer. Instead, it was one of the night’s top scorers who got the boot. It ultimately came down to TV journalist Maria Menounos and her partner Derek Hough and NFL star Donald Driver and his partner Peta Murgatroyd. Menounos was the one to go, despite having a near-perfect score on Monday night. The judges salivated over the Argentine tango she performed as her first dance, rewarding her with perfect 10s all around. For her second performance, she took on the jive, and the judges actually named her the winner of the night — and possibly the competition itself. When her name was called Tuesday night, Menounos said, “I learned so many things — how strong I was, to persevere … I want to thank everyone here. I want to thank Derek and my family and everyone who voted for us.” Next week, the remaining three celebrities — Latin heartthrob William Levy and his partner Cheryl Burke, Driver and Murgatroyd, and Jenkins and Mark Ballas will compete for the mirror ball trophy.

Original post:
Maria Menounos Eliminated From ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Despite Perfect Score

Maria Menounos Eliminated From ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Despite Perfect Score

Remaining three celebrities — William Levy, Katherine Jenkins and Donald Driver — will continue competing for mirror ball trophy next week. By Kelley L. Carter Maria Menounos and Derek Hough on “Dancing With the Stars” Photo: ABC The truth is, anyone’s name could have been called to head home from ABC’s hit show “Dancing With the Stars” on Tuesday night and it would have been a shock. On Monday night, most of the contestants scored well with the judges. Although opera singer Katherine Jenkins has been a top performer on the show all season, she made a few missteps in one of her Monday night performances — and subsequently beat herself up about it. So folks may not have been too surprised to hear her name called as this week’s eliminated dancer. Instead, it was one of the night’s top scorers who got the boot. It ultimately came down to TV journalist Maria Menounos and her partner Derek Hough and NFL star Donald Driver and his partner Peta Murgatroyd. Menounos was the one to go, despite having a near-perfect score on Monday night. The judges salivated over the Argentine tango she performed as her first dance, rewarding her with perfect 10s all around. For her second performance, she took on the jive, and the judges actually named her the winner of the night — and possibly the competition itself. When her name was called Tuesday night, Menounos said, “I learned so many things — how strong I was, to persevere … I want to thank everyone here. I want to thank Derek and my family and everyone who voted for us.” Next week, the remaining three celebrities — Latin heartthrob William Levy and his partner Cheryl Burke, Driver and Murgatroyd, and Jenkins and Mark Ballas will compete for the mirror ball trophy.

Follow this link:
Maria Menounos Eliminated From ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Despite Perfect Score

Maria Menounos Eliminated From ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Despite Perfect Score

Remaining three celebrities — William Levy, Katherine Jenkins and Donald Driver — will continue competing for mirror ball trophy next week. By Kelley L. Carter Maria Menounos and Derek Hough on “Dancing With the Stars” Photo: ABC The truth is, anyone’s name could have been called to head home from ABC’s hit show “Dancing With the Stars” on Tuesday night and it would have been a shock. On Monday night, most of the contestants scored well with the judges. Although opera singer Katherine Jenkins has been a top performer on the show all season, she made a few missteps in one of her Monday night performances — and subsequently beat herself up about it. So folks may not have been too surprised to hear her name called as this week’s eliminated dancer. Instead, it was one of the night’s top scorers who got the boot. It ultimately came down to TV journalist Maria Menounos and her partner Derek Hough and NFL star Donald Driver and his partner Peta Murgatroyd. Menounos was the one to go, despite having a near-perfect score on Monday night. The judges salivated over the Argentine tango she performed as her first dance, rewarding her with perfect 10s all around. For her second performance, she took on the jive, and the judges actually named her the winner of the night — and possibly the competition itself. When her name was called Tuesday night, Menounos said, “I learned so many things — how strong I was, to persevere … I want to thank everyone here. I want to thank Derek and my family and everyone who voted for us.” Next week, the remaining three celebrities — Latin heartthrob William Levy and his partner Cheryl Burke, Driver and Murgatroyd, and Jenkins and Mark Ballas will compete for the mirror ball trophy.

View post:
Maria Menounos Eliminated From ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Despite Perfect Score