Tag Archives: daughter

Three Teens Arrested In Connection With Florida Girl Who Killed Herself After Photos Went Viral Following Group Forced Sex Incident

We’re starting to see a disturbing pattern here. Just days after a Canadian teen was taken off life support after attempting suicide following bullying by classmates who shared viral photos of a sex attack on her, arrests have been made in a similar case in Florida. Via Mercury News reports : Three 16-year-old boys were arrested Thursday in the sexual battery of an intoxicated and unconscious 15-year-old Saratoga High School student, who killed herself last fall after photos of the assault went viral. When digital photos showing what had happened “spread like wildfire,” the aftermath was so humiliating and torturous the gifted and well-loved Audrie Pott could no longer take it, said Robert Allard, the attorney for her family. “Poor Audrie was terrorized by cyberbullying,” Allard said. She posted on Facebook, calling it the “worst day in her life,” a life she now wanted to end — which she did Sept. 10, eight days after the assault. Allard said Thursday that Audrie’s familys having mixed emotions about the arrests of the three Saratoga High students, including one who has since transferred to Christopher High in Gilroy. “The wound is still very raw,” he said. “They want to feel as if justice will be done after these kids were arrested, seven months after acting as if nothing had happened. But at the same time it’s a reminder that Audrie is gone.” According to Santa Clara County sheriff’s spokesman Lt. Jose Cardoza, the boys were booked into juvenile hall on two felony and one misdemeanor count each after authorities received information from school resource officers at Audrie’s school. Their names are being withheld because they are juveniles. Allard said Audrie’s parents hope they won’t be treated as juveniles in court. Victims of sexual assault are not normally identified by name or photo, but in this case, Pott’s family wanted her name and case known, Allard said. They want their beloved daughter’s case to become a model for a law bearing her name. “Audrie’s Law would address some of the things that happened here,” Allard said. “There are two common elements here that are being repeated across the country — sexual assault by an adolescent and the cyberbullying that follows.” Allard said nearly all children have cellphones, each one a potential tool for defamation. “They are all capable of instantly spreading information into the community in the most volatile ways,” he said. The power of pressing a button is immense.” Audrie’s parents and stepmother, who asked for privacy until a Tuesday news conference, started a foundation aimed at providing kids with music and art scholarships — two of the great loves in their daughter’s life. The Audrie Pott foundation, at audriepottfoundation.com, also offers youth counseling and support. Allard said the sexual assault happened when Audrie went to a party hosted by a sophomore girl from her school. The student’s parents were out of town in Napa, and she invited friends over. “You know how that goes: word gets out and then there were 10 to 15 kids there.” He said Audrie had been there early, and by the time others arrived later she was already passed out. “It was one of those things where she was thinking that she was safe and secure but she was not,” he said. “She was in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people.” At the Tuesday conference, Allard said they will reveal more about the case as well as a civil suit that is in the works. Allard would not specify the defendant named in that litigation. Los Gatos-Saratoga school district officials stated that their “sympathies go out to all of the families affected by this tragic situation.” “We are cooperating with law enforcement as they continue to look into the details of this case,” Superintendent Bob Mistele wrote in an email to this newspaper. “Collaborating with our parents, students, staff and community we will continue to work diligently to maintain a positive climate at our high schools based on respect, responsibility, and open communication that discourages cyber bullying and inappropriate conduct.” What has gotten into these kids? Steubenville was not a one off! We have to do a better job of raising our kids to understand that forced sex is not okay, group sex is not okay, cyber-bullying is not okay and suicide is never the answer. What do you think is most to blame? Our overly sexualized society? Absentee parents? AP

See original here:
Three Teens Arrested In Connection With Florida Girl Who Killed Herself After Photos Went Viral Following Group Forced Sex Incident

The Beef Is Real, Y’all: Angela Yee Says ‘I Was Offered K.Foxx’s Job First–And I Turned It Down!’ [Video]

Read this article:
The Beef Is Real, Y’all: Angela Yee Says ‘I Was Offered K.Foxx’s Job First–And I Turned It Down!’ [Video]

Poor Thang! Florida Toddler Loses Her Legs And A Piece Of Her Hand In Horrific Lawnmower Accident

Toddler Loses Her Limbs In Lawnmower Accident Two Florida parents are reportedly seeking treatment for “extreme emotional distress,” after an unfortunate lawnmower accident nearly claimed the life of their young daughter. via Fox News A Florida toddler lost both her legs and part of her hand after she ran in front of a lawnmower her father was driving Wednesday night. Authorities tell MyFoxTampaBay.com the girl’s father was driving his riding lawnmower when the child ran towards him. The man says his daughter fell in front of the lawnmower and he was unable to stop it from running her over. “She suffered from immediate amputations to both legs below the knees and partial amputation on her hand,” Palm Harbor Fire Rescue said in a media release. The girl was flown to Tampa General Hospital, where her parents are also being treated for symptoms related to extreme emotional duress. We can’t imagine what these parents and this child must be going thorough. It’s a true miracle and a blessing that she survived this nearly-tragic accident. Shutterstock

See more here:
Poor Thang! Florida Toddler Loses Her Legs And A Piece Of Her Hand In Horrific Lawnmower Accident

Amanda Bynes: Leave Me Alone or I’LL SUE ALL OF YOU!

Amanda Bynes has had it up to HERE with the celebrity gossip world. Today, the 27-year-old actress vowed to sue anyone reporting that she is exhibiting “erratic behavior” and/or claiming she is “living my life wrong in anyway.” “I’m suing every blog, magazine, news source that’s saying I’m doing anything wrong ‘erratic behavior’ is not me!” she wrote in an uncharacteristically long Tweet . She then put some specific offenders on notice. “I’m suing In Touch, Us Weekly , Perez Hilton,” the star declared, “for hiring paparazzi who follow me and then taking the worst photos with the worst angles.” Uhh, Amanda, they don’t … you know what, forget it. “I’d like to put up their worst photos on my twitter,” she adds. “Until they only start putting up my twitter photos when writing a story when there is NO story.” She really hates articles in with “awful photos” of her, FYI. “They say I have erratic behavior when I do NOTHING WRONG,” she adds. “There’s NOTHING with my life, other than you putting up awful candid photo after photo.” “Please follow me on twitter then look forward to be sued if you if say I have erratic behavior or am living my life wrong in anyway.” Just to clarify, THG thinks there is NOTHING WRONG with: Getting one’s face pierced Going clubbing alone Hanging out in a salon nude Walking around in dark wigs Calling Jay-Z “ugly” face Claiming you coined “LOL” Posting cleavage photos on Twitter Being escorted out of gymnastics class Tweeting at Drake to murder your vagina Nothing. Nothing at all.

Go here to read the rest:
Amanda Bynes: Leave Me Alone or I’LL SUE ALL OF YOU!

Rehtaeh Parsons, Canadian Teen, Kills Herself Due to Alleged Rape and Bullying

Rehtaeh Parsons, a 17-year old in Nova Scotia, hanged herself last week as the result of fallout from an alleged rape in 2011. The teenager’s mother, Leah, told the CBC that four boys assaulted her daughter two years ago, even taking a photo of the incident and posting it online. Leah took Rehtaeh – who battled anger and depression and had been hospitalized on at least one occasion between the rape and suicide – off life support on Sunday. After a year-long investigation, police concluded there was not sufficient evidence to pursue any charges against the culprits. According to the CBC, countless comments were posted on a Facebook page set up in tribute to Parsons, urging someone be held accountable for this tragic death. Nova Scotia Justice Minister Ross Landry said yesterday that he plans to meet with Leah soon to “discuss her experience with the justice system,” adding that he’s been reviewing details of the case and consulting with officials. “I know that law enforcement and the public prosecution service do their best, every day, to administer and enforce the law,” Landry said in a statement. “I am committed to exploring the mechanisms that exist to review the actions of all relevant authorities to ensure the system is always working to the best of its ability, in pursuit of justice.”

Link:
Rehtaeh Parsons, Canadian Teen, Kills Herself Due to Alleged Rape and Bullying

Spike Albrecht to Kate Upton: Call Me!

This is what we call one serious heat check. University of Michigan point guard Spike Albrecht came off the bench during last night’s national title game to drop four three-pointers and score 17 points… in the first half! And even though his team lost to Louisville, the freshman’s confidence remained sky-high this morning, as he sent out a Tweet to the best looking fan in attendance at the Georgia Dome: Kate Upton! Does Albrecht actually have a shot at seeing Kate Upton nude ? The supermodel is a native of Michigan. And she has been rumored to have affection for both sports and teams from that state, with previous reports linking her to Tigers pitcher Justin Verlander . But Albrecht will need to duplicate his title game heroics numerous times next season to have a chance with this blonde bombshell. He only averaged 1.8 points per contest during the regular season and, while we admire his Twitter game today, Upton won’t be going for any athlete without some real game going forward.

More:
Spike Albrecht to Kate Upton: Call Me!

Tom Cruise on Katie Holmes Divorce: Didn’t See That One Coming!

Turns out the rumors were trueL Tom Cruise was as surprised as everyone else when news broke that he and Katie Holmes were getting a divorce. “I did not expect that,” Cruise told German TV network ProSieben. After five years of marriage, Holmes announced she was leaving Cruise on June 29 of last year which left the movie star both heartbroken and blindsided. However, the star – who’s making the media rounds for Oblivion – reveals he has had “an incredible amount of time to reflect” on life after the break up. “Life is a challenge,” Cruise says. “To be 50 and have experiences and think you have everything under control, and then it hits you … that’s what life is.” “Life is tragicomic. You need a certain sense of humor.” The couple has one daughter together, 6-year-old Suri, and reports circulated that she was one of the main factors in Holmes’ decision to leave Cruise. People reported the divorce “was a long time coming” for Holmes who was “mostly concerned about the education and care of her daughter Suri.” However, the element of surprise was key for her. “She was talking to Tom on the phone up until [the week before] saying, ‘I love you,'” a source told Us . “Her inner circle [had] been planning this.” Holmes’ attorney father even helped orchestrate it. Whatever happened, in the wake of their separation, Cruise threw himself into work. The actor spent time in Iceland and L.A. wrapping up Oblivion . He has rarely been seen in public throughout the past nine months, while Holmes, 34, has seemed to transition back into the spotlight more easily. See our Katie Holmes photos for evidence of that.

See original here:
Tom Cruise on Katie Holmes Divorce: Didn’t See That One Coming!

Elsewhere In The World: Uganda Proposes To Ban Beyonce And Any Attire Which Exposes Intimate Parts Of The Human Body

Uganda proposes to ban miniskirts and other provocative clothing as well as BeyBey on TV ! Via Guardian UK: Uganda is considering extraordinary measures against women’s rights that would lead to arrests for those wearing skirts above the knee in public. The proposed law would mark a return to the era of dictator Idi Amin, who banned short skirts by decree. Many Ugandans are opposed to the idea and it has spawned a Twitter hashtag, #SaveMiniSkirt. The government-backed bill would also see many films and TV dramas banned and personal internet use closely monitored by officials. Simon Lokodo, Uganda’s ethics and integrity minister, defended the plans. “It’s outlawing any indecent dressing including miniskirts,” he said. “Any attire which exposes intimate parts of the human body, especially areas that are of erotic function, are outlawed. Anything above the knee is outlawed. If a woman wears a miniskirt, we will arrest her.” Lokodo, a former Catholic priest, suggested that victims of sexual violence invited trouble. “One can wear what one wants, but please do not be provocative,” he said. “We know people who are indecently dressed: they do it provocatively and sometimes they are attacked. An onlooker is moved to attack her and we want to avoid those areas. He is a criminal but he was also provoked and enticed.” Asked if men would be banned from wearing shorts, the minister replied: “Men are normally not the object of attraction; they are the ones who are provoked. They can go bare-chested on the beach, but would you allow your daughter to go bare-chested?” The likes of Beyoncé and Madonna will be banned from television, Lokodo added. “We are saying anything that exposes private parts of the human body is p0rnography and anything obscene will be outlawed. Television should not broadcast a sessy person. “Certain intimate parts of the body cannot be opened except for a spouse in a private place. “A lot of photos, television, films will be outlawed. Even on the internet, we’re going to put a monitoring system so we know who has watched which website and we know who has watched p0rnographic material.” Thoughts??? WENN

Read the rest here:
Elsewhere In The World: Uganda Proposes To Ban Beyonce And Any Attire Which Exposes Intimate Parts Of The Human Body

John Hopkins Students Petition To Ban Dr. Ben Carson From Commencement For Comparing Gay Marriage To Human-Animal Sex

Students are stepping in and speaking out about Dr. Ben Carson’s controversial comments Students Campaign To Ban Dr. Ben Carson From Graduation Ceremony College students at John Hopkins University are joining forces to campaign against anti-gay political pundit Dr. Ben Carson speaking at the University commencement ceremony following comments made earlier this week in which Carson compared gay marriage to human-animal sex . via Fox News Johns Hopkins students are campaigning to have Dr. Ben Carson pulled from this year’s commencement speaker line-up in response to comments made about gay marriage. Carson has since said he apologizes for having offended anyone and indicated he might withdraw from the commencement role, though he says his words are being misconstrued. Carson, who rocketed to political fame after criticizing President Obama’s policies during the National Prayer Breakfast,made the gay marriage comments on Fox News Tuesday night. Host Sean Hannity asked Carson his opinion on same-sex marriage, given the Supreme Court’s consideration of two gay marriage cases this week. “Marriage is between a man and a woman,” Carson said. “It’s a well-established, fundamental pillar of society and no group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in [human-animal sex]– it doesn’t matter what they are, they don’t get to change the definition.” Students accused Carson of effectively comparing “gay relationships with [pedo-files] and [human-animal sex].”

John Hopkins Students Petition To Ban Dr. Ben Carson From Commencement For Comparing Gay Marriage To Human-Animal Sex

Students are stepping in and speaking out about Dr. Ben Carson’s controversial comments Students Campaign To Ban Dr. Ben Carson From Graduation Ceremony College students at John Hopkins University are joining forces to campaign against anti-gay political pundit Dr. Ben Carson speaking at the University commencement ceremony following comments made earlier this week in which Carson compared gay marriage to human-animal sex . via Fox News Johns Hopkins students are campaigning to have Dr. Ben Carson pulled from this year’s commencement speaker line-up in response to comments made about gay marriage. Carson has since said he apologizes for having offended anyone and indicated he might withdraw from the commencement role, though he says his words are being misconstrued. Carson, who rocketed to political fame after criticizing President Obama’s policies during the National Prayer Breakfast,made the gay marriage comments on Fox News Tuesday night. Host Sean Hannity asked Carson his opinion on same-sex marriage, given the Supreme Court’s consideration of two gay marriage cases this week. “Marriage is between a man and a woman,” Carson said. “It’s a well-established, fundamental pillar of society and no group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in [human-animal sex]– it doesn’t matter what they are, they don’t get to change the definition.” Students accused Carson of effectively comparing “gay relationships with [pedo-files] and [human-animal sex].”