Source: Paras Griffin / Getty Kenya Moore has been one of the most un-aging, black don’t crack wonders of the world. She’s been killing the game for two decades now and never lost a step. Now, the’s looking like she’s in her peak once again. That’s why she’s absolutely primed to be highlighted as one of our baes of the summer . We don’t want to spoil how banging she’s looking so hit the flip and see what she is cooking up. Kenya is really out here putting up MVP numbers still. Incredible.
Source: Paras Griffin / Getty Rapper Pled Guilty To Menacing Emily B & Her Father Earlier This Year Fabolous has been quietly working to satisfy the terms of his plea deal in connection with allegedly pummeling and threatening reality starlet partner Emily B. The “Throw It In The Bag” rapper has been working to satisfy the terms of his year-long pre-trial intervention program after he pleaded guilty to one count of harassment and copped to threatening Emily and her father with a pair of scissors outside of their northern New Jersey home. Things are going so well, that the judge on the case has not asked Fab, 41, to come back to court to review his progress, and he doesn’t have a court date pending, a court official confirmed to BOSSIP. If he successfully completes the diversion program, his charges will be thrown out and his criminal record wiped clean. Fab initially faced up to 20 years in state prison after prosecutors accused him of punching Emily B so hard that her front teeth had to be removed. Days later, a video emerged of the father of two brandishing a sharp object at his partner and her father and threatening to kill them. We’ve reached out to Fab’s lawyer, Brian Neary, for comment.
Source: David Livingston / Getty Producers, students, and crew members alike flocked to Warner Bros. Studios in Burbank, California for the Producer Guild of America’s ProducedBy Conference. The two-day event featured discussions from prominent filmmakers, producers, and TV execs. Sunday, June 9 hosted Ava DuVernay and her brilliant team (Netflix VP Cindy Holland, founder of Tribeca Enterprises Jane Rosenthal, and executive producers Jonathan King and Berry Welsh) behind When They See Us, the four-part Netflix series surrounding the controversial case of the Central Park Five. For anyone who is unfamiliar, five innocent black and brown males (Kevin Richardson, Antron McCray, Raymond Santana Jr., Korey Wise and Yusef Salaam) were unjustly convicted of beating and raping a white woman in Central Park. DuVernay aimed to h During the panel, DuVernay said she was very grateful to be a filmmaker at a time when she can approach Netflix with an idea for four films, and even more so a company that allowed her to fly out Richardson, McCray, Santana Jr., Wise and Salaam to watch all four films together in what was a very emotional moment for everyone involved. “I remember the first frame of the episode came up and my stomach just dropped I said, ‘God please, please… please let them feel like this is right and they were honored here and that their stories were told and their families were depicted in the right way,’” revealed DuVernay. As for the men, they re-lived their entire journey over again. “ Imagine seeing yourself at the moment your whole life changed. The life of your family changed forever 30 years ago. They cried. They wept. The held onto each other. They wailed,” added DuVernay. “ I could see the light on their faces and there are just tears. I never thought I could see that many tears come out of a human being for five hours.” The incomparable @ava DuVernay talks the emotional moment screening “When The See Us” with the real life exonerated five at #Producedby2019 #Whentheyseeus #CentralPark5 pic.twitter.com/EzYkoj2Jvu — Sade A Spence (@SadeASpence) June 10, 2019 DuVernay and her team also discussed the challenges of bringing the 1989 court case back to the forefront and using it as means of highlighting America’s incredibly flawed justice system. “The first episode will be about this portion of the case, but also show everyone what it feels like to be arrested as a young black boy,” said DuVernay. “How it feels to be in a precinct and precinct behavior, the kinds of behavior we are hearing are happening in precincts around the country as it relates to black and brown people.” DuVernay also explained with great detail the plan she proposed for films two through four: “The second episode we are going to talk about bail and the fact that we have a debtor’s prison in this country. The fact that there are ppl in prison who are poor and innocent and there are people who are not in prison who are rich and guilty. We’ll talk about judges and juries and district attorneys and prosecutors. The third episode, we will talk about juvenile detention… How we’re locking up children in this country and putting them with adults and walking away in this country and then we will talk about the horrors of incarceration. And folks won’t even know we are talking about this because we are talking about this very famous case.” When They See Us is currently airing on Netflix. RELATED STORIES: After Watching ‘When They See Us,’ Black Twitter Wants To Know Why Linda Fairstein Isn’t Locked Up Blair Underwood: Ava Duvernay Made A Grief Counselor Available On The Set Of ‘When They See Us’ [ione_media_gallery src=”https://hellobeautiful.com” id=”3028253″ overlay=”true”]
Source: Tom Pennington / Getty Floyd Mayweather sat at the top of the list of Forbes ‘ 2018 highest-paid athletes list, due in part to his super fight with mixed martial artist, Conor McGregor, and taking home $285 million. For this year’s list, soccer star Lionel Messi takes the top spot with Money Mayweather falling off the entire top 100 listings altogether. Forbes writes : Forbes today released its annual ranking of the World’s 100 Highest-Paid athletes, who collectively earned $4 billion over the last 12 months, up 5% from last year’s earnings of $3.8 billion. Lionel Messi was named the world’s highest-paid athlete for the first time, up from second place last year, with $127 million in total earnings. Messi unseats Floyd Mayweather, who held the crown last year, and was the leader four times in seven years. Behind Messi is longtime rival Cristiano Ronaldo (No. 2), who earned $109 million between his salary and endorsements. Serena Williams (No. 63) returned to the ranking, after no women appeared in 2018. Cost of admission to the 2019 list is the highest ever at $25 million, up $2.1 million from the previous year. Endorsement income experienced an increase of 12.5% to $987 million this year. At number three keeping with the football theme, Neymar checks in followed by Canelo Alvarez and Roger Federer at the four and five spots respectively. Russell Wilson and LeBron James find themselves in the top 10. The full 100-spot list can be viewed via this link . — Photo:
Source: Ian West – PA Images / Getty Phase 3 of Marvel’s Cinematic Universe ends with the upcoming Spider-Man: Far From Home film. One burning question that MCU fans were left with after watching Avengers: Endgame is what exactly did happen with Loki when he disappeared with Tesseract? We may have an idea thanks to a new image. At a Disney investor meeting back in April, head of Marvel Studios Kevin Feige made an appearance to spill some tea on the highly-anticipated Loki series that will see Tom Hiddleston reprise the role. Feige showed off the logo for the series as well as a new still that places the God of the Mischief walking down a busy street with a Jaws marquee which likely hints at the show taking place in the year 1975. OFFICIAL | First look at the ‘LOKI’ series coming to Disney+. pic.twitter.com/44shBqHQh4 — Marvel Stuff (@marveIstuff) June 9, 2019 Whether the series will take place right after the events of Avengers: Endgame after he stole the tesseract or before Infinity War which some folks are speculating is still up in the air. Speaking with Variety , Feige stressed the importance of the Disney+ series: “Disney+ is another exciting avenue and another exciting thing about being at this place at this time goes back to the amount of characters we have and the amount of stories we could tell… When we announced ten movies and people asked ‘Well what about these other things?’ the previous stance would be ‘We only have a certain number of slots to make movies per year.’ That’s still true but we have another outlet that I think will be very unique and very special.” Looks like we will have to wait for a trailer or when Disney+ launches in November to find out exactly what will be going on when the series premieres. — Photo: Ian West – PA Images / Getty
Source: Ian West – PA Images / Getty Phase 3 of Marvel’s Cinematic Universe ends with the upcoming Spider-Man: Far From Home film. One burning question that MCU fans were left with after watching Avengers: Endgame is what exactly did happen with Loki when he disappeared with Tesseract? We may have an idea thanks to a new image. At a Disney investor meeting back in April, head of Marvel Studios Kevin Feige made an appearance to spill some tea on the highly-anticipated Loki series that will see Tom Hiddleston reprise the role. Feige showed off the logo for the series as well as a new still that places the God of the Mischief walking down a busy street with a Jaws marquee which likely hints at the show taking place in the year 1975. OFFICIAL | First look at the ‘LOKI’ series coming to Disney+. pic.twitter.com/44shBqHQh4 — Marvel Stuff (@marveIstuff) June 9, 2019 Whether the series will take place right after the events of Avengers: Endgame after he stole the tesseract or before Infinity War which some folks are speculating is still up in the air. Speaking with Variety , Feige stressed the importance of the Disney+ series: “Disney+ is another exciting avenue and another exciting thing about being at this place at this time goes back to the amount of characters we have and the amount of stories we could tell… When we announced ten movies and people asked ‘Well what about these other things?’ the previous stance would be ‘We only have a certain number of slots to make movies per year.’ That’s still true but we have another outlet that I think will be very unique and very special.” Looks like we will have to wait for a trailer or when Disney+ launches in November to find out exactly what will be going on when the series premieres. — Photo: Ian West – PA Images / Getty
Source: FayesVision/WENN.com / WENN Jimmy Fallon, Jonas Brothers & The Roots Sing “Sucker” With Classroom Instruments The Jonas Brothers‘ most recent hit song, “Sucker” got the Classroom Instruments treatment on The Tonight Show this week as Jimmy Fallon , The Legendary Roots Crew, and the three brothers got the band back together for a remix. The youngest brother, Nick Jonas, took the clapper, Joe found himself with the banana shaker, and Kevin rounded everything out by taking the triangle. Fallon sat in the middle of the group and functioned as a triple threat using the Casio keyboard, wood block, and an avocado shaker. As far as The Roots go, we already know these guys can play any type of instrument and make it look like the coolest ish in the world–which is definitely the case with these ones from the classroom. Questlove stands in the back with a hand clapper, Kamal is playing a rainbow xylophone, and Tariq rounds things out with a mini tambourine. As Entertainment Weekly points out, based on the outfits The Jonas Brothers are sporting, it seems like they filmed this segment at the same time they were in New York filming their hilarious short for Billy Eichner’s online series, Billy on the Street . This edition of “Sucker” with classroom instruments is just the latest stop for the Jonas Brothers’ during their long-anticipated comeback as they plan for the start of their first North American tour in nearly a decade, which begins this August. In the few months since they announced their family reunion, the band has been the musical guest on Saturday Night Live , stopped by Nickelodeon’s All That revival, and even hit up James Corden’s Carpool Karaoke during a full week of Jonas Brothers content on The Late Late Show. Check out Nick, Kevin, and Joe Jonas joining Jimmy Fallon and The Roots for a special edition of “Sucker” with Classroom Instruments below:
Source: VALERIE MACON / Getty Samuel L. Jackson Talks Maintaining Marriage For 40 Years Samuel L. Jackson and his wife LaTanya Richardson will reach their 40th wedding anniversary next year and while on the red carpet at the NYC Shaft premiere, UsMagazine asked him about the secret to their success. In the celebrity world, 40 years might as well be 200 years, but Sam Jack and his beloved have found what you’d think is an obvious way to keep your relationship intact. Separate the two. “Our job is just a job, you go to work, we go to work,” Jackson added. “If I’m at home working, I love coming home and sleeping in my bed. I was working a lot of other different places, but she comes to visit. You know, we both come from the theater. She’s on Broadway right now doing To Kill a Mockingbird, I’m out in the world doing movies. We understand the bond we have, the commonality of experiences, the commonality of joy of the theater and of our lives and of our daughter’s life, so it’s easy for us to stay connected.” Imagine that, famous people living just like regular people.