Category Archives: Hollywood

Do What I Want? Watch What Happens When Security Mistakes Lil Uzi Vert For A Fan At Gunna’s Show

See the original post:
Do What I Want? Watch What Happens When Security Mistakes Lil Uzi Vert For A Fan At Gunna’s Show

#EricaThomas: Georgia Lawmaker Says Dusty Deplorable Told Her ‘Go Back Where You Came From’ During Grocery Store Incident

Source: Elijah Nouvelage/Getty Images Erica Thomas Confronts Man Who Verbally Assaulted Her In Grocery Store A black Georgia lawmaker who went viral after she tearfully recalled a racist incident at a local grocery store had a face off with the man who hurled insults her way. State rep. Erica Thomas who represents District 39, recorded an emotional Facebook Live video detailing an incident at a GA Publix where a white man called her “lazy” and a “son a b***” in front of her child and told her to “go back where she came from.” (Sound familiar? ) “This white man comes up to me and says, ‘You lazy son of [expletive]. You need to go back where you came from,’” said Thomas who noted that he was angry because she was in the Express lane at the grocery store but had 15 items in her cart. “Sir, you don’t even know me. I’m not lazy. I’m nine months pregnant.” We have a serious problem in this Country when @itsericathomas is subjected to racism in a Cobb County @Publix in front of her daughter. #gapol . #IStandwithErica thank you @RenittaShannon for alerting me and the @NAACPGA . #NoPlaceforHate . pic.twitter.com/hN5HDS4aG9 — Gerald A. Griggs (@AttorneyGriggs) July 20, 2019 Today I was verbally assaulted in the grocery store by a white man who told me I was a lazy SOB and to go back to where I came from bc I had to many items in the express lane. My husband wasn’t there to defend me because he is on Active Duty serving the country I came from USA! — Erica Thomas (@itsericathomas) July 20, 2019 Disgusting. That rancid racist whose been getting dragged to aisle 3 and dubbed “Publix Paul” has since come forward and identified himself as Eric Sparkes. In an email to WSBTV , Sparkes said Thomas was embellishing the incident for her political career and claimed that he’s previously encountered racism because of his Cuban heritage. “I NEVER ONCE TOLD HER TO BACK TO WHATEVER,” wrote Sparkes. “I am Cuban and have felt prejudice racism as a child. She assumes because I am white it’s about race. This woman is her own worst enemy…” Here is the email the customer accused of verbally harassing Representative Erica Thomas sent me after our report at 12. Our team met up with him that afternoon in what ended up being a heated confrontation between him and Thomas. That part of the story is ahead starting at 9. pic.twitter.com/Vre8jFH6U6 — Lauren Pozen WSB (@LaurenPozenWSB) July 21, 2019 Suuuure thing, sir. Later while Erica was interviewing with the local news about the situation, Sparkes showed up and an explosive showdown happened. Sparkes admitted that he called the pregnant woman a “SOB” but said she “lied’ about the “go back comment.” WSBTV was on hand for the incident: “I’m a liar about what?” Thomas asked Sparkes. “Everything that happened,” Sparkes said. “Me telling you to ‘Go back where you came from. Did I say that? Is it on video?” “Are you serious? What did you say to me then,” Thomas asked. “I called you a lazy (expletive),” Sparkes said to Thomas. “That’s the worst thing I said.” “Yeah, that makes you look better to say that,” Thomas said. So Eric Sparkes admits to approaching me and verbally assulting me in front of my 9 year and but not the rest of his statements. You sounds like a coward to me and that’s fine you will think twice before you berate any one again!You keep lying we have witnesses that will testify! pic.twitter.com/HRWTBZ89SC — Erica Thomas (@itsericathomas) July 21, 2019 Despite cries of a “hate hoax” on social media, Erica assured WSBTV that some sort of “go back” language was used and claims she has witnesses to back her up. “I don’t want to say he said, ‘Go back to your country,’ or ‘Go back to where you came from,’” Thomas said. “But he was making those types of references is what I remember.” […] “Of course you would deny those things. But the people in the store, you know we have witnesses that are willing to be a witness in court.”   We stand with Erica, it’s not hard to believe that an enraged Incel would mirror Cretin In Chief’s “go back” statements. Looks like Publix is gonna need a clean up on aisle 3, soon.

Read more:
#EricaThomas: Georgia Lawmaker Says Dusty Deplorable Told Her ‘Go Back Where You Came From’ During Grocery Store Incident

No More Young Draco? Soulja Boy Is Reportedly Making Big Life Changes After His Early Release From Jail

Source: WENN.com / WENN Soulja Boy Is Making Lifestyle Changes Following His Stint In Jail Following his early release from county jail, Soulja Boy is reportedly making some huge changes to his lifestyle, which includes shrinking his social circle and not posting as much on social media. According to reports from TMZ , sources close to Soulja have explained that his three months in L.A. County Jail served as an eye-opener for the rapper, and now that he’s back home, he’s cutting a lot of unhealthy things out of his life–which includes both cutting people off and cutting down on his time on Twitter and Instagram. One of the biggest changes yet is that Soulja Boy reportedly kicked a bunch of people out of his San Fernando Valley house, the same one that was burglarized while he was locked up. Back in April, thieves hit Soulja’s home and made off with $500,000 in cash, jewelry and his iPhone — which they allegedly used to go live on the rapper’s Instagram account. But, when Young Draco caught wind of the burglary in jail, he was convinced the whole thing was an inside job . In the current day, Soulja was just released from jail last Sunday, getting out 146 days early due to a combo of good behavior, time served, and overcrowding. In April, Soulja was sentenced to 240 days and 265 days of community service for violating his probation.

Read more from the original source:
No More Young Draco? Soulja Boy Is Reportedly Making Big Life Changes After His Early Release From Jail

Hate It Or Love It?!?! Nicki Minaj Hops On Da Baby’s “SUGE” Remix

Source: Robert O'Neil / SplashNews / Splash News H2> Nicki Minaj Remixes Da Baby’s Song “Suge” There’s no question that Da Baby’s hit “Suge” has been one of the biggest songs of the year, so it’s no wonder the “Megatron” Don Diva Nicki Minaj would want to hop aboard the remix. Check it out below: In case you couldn’t make out her lyrics, here they go: Drug lord, Griselda I used to move weight through Delta So stay in your place ’cause I Don’t wanna put you in a shelter I’m cooking up in the kitchen You could be my little helper Go to the table and ask ’em Do they want the flat or the seltzer? I go where I want I’m good My ni**as’ll get them goods So come off the chain and come off the watch You gotta respect the jux Queen sleazy era And they never see me ever ‘Cause I send my shooters and they introduce us As soon as I pull the lever (Brr) I say “Choke me,” he do it Every time that we do it Ni**a packing like Hewlett I told him “damn ni**a, you lit” On that D going stupid Got my a**-shots from Cupid You could just ask Ken He be like: “Hadouken!” (Rrrh) What do you think of Nicki’s “Suge” bars?

Original post:
Hate It Or Love It?!?! Nicki Minaj Hops On Da Baby’s “SUGE” Remix

‘Avengers: Endgame’ Has Officially Dethroned ‘Avatar’ As The Highest-Grossing Film Of All Time

Source: Steve Granitz / Getty Avengers: Endgame Is The Highest Grossing Movie Ever After 9 years of holding the title as the world’s highest grossing film ever, James Cameron’s Avatar has been dethroned by Avengers: Endgame . As of Saturday, July 20,  the fourth installment in the Avengers franchise had raked in $2.7892 billion at the global box office, which is just about $500,000 shy of Avatar ‘s $2.7897 billion record. Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige announced the big news during San Diego Comic-Con yesterday, confirming that Endgame would close the $500K gap by Sunday. “Thanks to you,  Avengers: Endgame is the biggest film of all-time,” he announced during Marvel’s highly-anticipated Hall H panel. Since the film’s initial release back in April, Endgame has broken multiple records, including the fastest film to hit $100 million at the box office, the highest-grossing opening day in history, and the first film to earn $1 billion in an opening weekend. But in order to assure their status as the number one film of all time, the Avengers movie received a boost when it was re-released in theaters with a little extra footage back in June–which is what eventually set Endgame over the top. The directors of the film, Joe and Anthony Russo, issued a thank you to fans on Twitter after the news broke yesterday. To the greatest fans in the universe, from the bottom of our hearts, thank you… https://t.co/MRKEKaKvVW — Russo Brothers (@Russo_Brothers) July 21, 2019 Endgame will probably hold this title pretty securely until 2021, when James Cameron is set to release his follow-up to Avatar . Until then: congrats to the whole cast and crew on the major win!

Go here to read the rest:
‘Avengers: Endgame’ Has Officially Dethroned ‘Avatar’ As The Highest-Grossing Film Of All Time

Woebegone Wig Wearing Man Robs Multiple Atlanta Area Waffle Houses

Source: Tufan Cevahirci / EyeEm / Getty Police Hunt For Atlanta Man Robbing Waffle Houses In Wigs A bizarre story out of Atlanta is going viral. Police are on the hunt for a man whose been seen wearing (woebegone) wigs to commit multiple robberies. WSBTV reports that DeKalb County police are searching for an unidentified man who has robbed several Waffle Houses, two drugstores and a bank while wearing the very crusty coiffure. They add that he most recently passed a note to a Tucker Waffle House waitress demanding cash. The frightened waitress ran away and the robber left empty handed. The lace fronted bandit has been linked to similar robbery attempts at other Waffle Houses, a CVS, a Walgreens, a Dollar General and a PNC bank, authorities said. Authorities are asking anyone who recognizes the man to contact DeKalb police at 770-724-7800.

Continued here:
Woebegone Wig Wearing Man Robs Multiple Atlanta Area Waffle Houses

A Lil’ Positivity: Philly Man Scales A 19-Story Building To Save His Trapped Mother During A Fire [Video]

Source: Donat Sorokin / Getty Philly Man Climbs Building To Save His Mother During A Fire According to ABC Philly , a Philadelphia man has become a local hero after scaling a West Philadelphia apartment building during a fire to save his mother. Jermaine, 35, is  a roofer by trade, so he has some experience with tall buildings. “As kids we used to jump roofs,” he said. “Glad I had the practice.” Last week when the 19-story Westpark Apartments high-rise at 4445 Holden Street started filling with smoke, Jermaine got a call from his sister that their mother, 65-year-old Sheila, who is bed-ridden, couldn’t get out of her 15th floor apartment. So he sprang into action. After being blocked by the police when trying to enter the building, he decided to climb up and save her himself. “All for my mom’s safety, period. I wasn’t worried about mine at all. She can’t get out of the bed or walk around so if there’s a fire she needs help out,” he said. Jermaine actually DID make it all the way to his mom’s balcony and was assured by her that she was doing OK because the fire was contained. Instead of arresting Jermaine when he climbed back down, an officer actually let him go. “He understood the circumstances, he knew – when your adrenaline is pumping, and your mom is up there, you thinking she’s dying – you’d do anything you can,” Jermaine said according to ABC Philly.

Read the original:
A Lil’ Positivity: Philly Man Scales A 19-Story Building To Save His Trapped Mother During A Fire [Video]

A Lil’ Positivity: Philly Man Scales A 19-Story Building To Save His Trapped Mother During A Fire [Video]

Source: Donat Sorokin / Getty Philly Man Climbs Building To Save His Mother During A Fire According to ABC Philly , a Philadelphia man has become a local hero after scaling a West Philadelphia apartment building during a fire to save his mother. Jermaine, 35, is  a roofer by trade, so he has some experience with tall buildings. “As kids we used to jump roofs,” he said. “Glad I had the practice.” Last week when the 19-story Westpark Apartments high-rise at 4445 Holden Street started filling with smoke, Jermaine got a call from his sister that their mother, 65-year-old Sheila, who is bed-ridden, couldn’t get out of her 15th floor apartment. So he sprang into action. After being blocked by the police when trying to enter the building, he decided to climb up and save her himself. “All for my mom’s safety, period. I wasn’t worried about mine at all. She can’t get out of the bed or walk around so if there’s a fire she needs help out,” he said. Jermaine actually DID make it all the way to his mom’s balcony and was assured by her that she was doing OK because the fire was contained. Instead of arresting Jermaine when he climbed back down, an officer actually let him go. “He understood the circumstances, he knew – when your adrenaline is pumping, and your mom is up there, you thinking she’s dying – you’d do anything you can,” Jermaine said according to ABC Philly.

Continue reading here:
A Lil’ Positivity: Philly Man Scales A 19-Story Building To Save His Trapped Mother During A Fire [Video]

Super Dope: Mahershala Ali Starring In Marvel’s “Blade” Reboot

Source: Shannon Finney / Getty Mahershala Ali To Play Blade In New Netflix Reboot Blade is back. According to The Hollywood Reporter ,  two-time Oscar winner Mahershala Ali was introduced at Comic-Con as the lead in the action reboot Saturday night. View this post on Instagram Just announced in Hall H at #SDCC, Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali. A post shared by Marvel Entertainment (@marvel) on Jul 20, 2019 at 6:43pm PDT Ali made an appearance at the end of the panel to reveal the news that he will be taking the sword from Wesley Snipes, who previously played the Marvel Comics character in three films from 1998 to 2004 and made the film a cult-classic. Ali has been part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe before: as the villainous Cornell Stokes, a.k.a. Cottonmouth, on Netflix’s “Luke Cage” and did a helluva job on HBO’s “True Detective”, so it’s only right that he keeps this hot streak going by reviving a classic and doin it justice.  

Read more:
Super Dope: Mahershala Ali Starring In Marvel’s “Blade” Reboot

Super Dope: Mahershala Ali Starring In Marvel’s “Blade” Reboot

Source: Shannon Finney / Getty Mahershala Ali To Play Blade In New Netflix Reboot Blade is back. According to The Hollywood Reporter ,  two-time Oscar winner Mahershala Ali was introduced at Comic-Con as the lead in the action reboot Saturday night. View this post on Instagram Just announced in Hall H at #SDCC, Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali. A post shared by Marvel Entertainment (@marvel) on Jul 20, 2019 at 6:43pm PDT Ali made an appearance at the end of the panel to reveal the news that he will be taking the sword from Wesley Snipes, who previously played the Marvel Comics character in three films from 1998 to 2004 and made the film a cult-classic. Ali has been part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe before: as the villainous Cornell Stokes, a.k.a. Cottonmouth, on Netflix’s “Luke Cage” and did a helluva job on HBO’s “True Detective”, so it’s only right that he keeps this hot streak going by reviving a classic and doin it justice.  

Go here to see the original:
Super Dope: Mahershala Ali Starring In Marvel’s “Blade” Reboot