Category Archives: Hollywood

Holding It Down: Pregnant Kimbella Reveals She Drives To Virginia Bi-Weekly To Support Jailed Juelz Santana

Source: Prince Williams / Getty Kimbella Asks For Prayers For Her Family While Juelz Santana Is Imprisoned Kimbella is keeping her family together as best she can while her husband Juelz Santana serves his jail time in Virginia. The New Jersey residing mom says she packs up her kiddies every other weekend to make the 7-hour trip south so they can see their father. Currently, Juelz is serving a 27-month sentenc e for drugs and weapons charges. Meanwhile, Kimbella is pregnant with their 3rd child and holding down the housefhold. I travel to Virginia every other week with my children to see my husband so they can spend quality time with their father, it feels so good to spend those hours with him during our visits, It’s not easy but I know that is what I’m supposed to do! It’s tough not having my husband by my side these past 3 months!! I’m staying positive, busy and holding our empire down! That’s ALL I KNOW! Please continue to pray for my husband and our family during this time, we appreciate all your love and support! View this post on Instagram There’s NOT a day or night that goes by that I do not miss my husband! This challenge has been SO challenging for me, for my kids, for the family! I know everything happens for a reason and I’m letting GOD do his work and lead the way. I travel to Virginia every other week with my children to see my husband so they can spend quality time with their father, it feels so good to spend those hours with him during our visits, It’s not easy but I know that is what I’m supposed to do! It’s tough not having my husband by my side these past 3 months!! I’m staying positive, busy and holding our empire down! That’s ALL I KNOW! Please continue to pray for my husband and our family during this time, we appreciate all your love and support! A post shared by KIMBELLA (@kimbellasworld) on May 19, 2019 at 2:15pm PDT Juelz should be released around 2021 even though records list his release date as “unknown” for now.

Go here to read the rest:
Holding It Down: Pregnant Kimbella Reveals She Drives To Virginia Bi-Weekly To Support Jailed Juelz Santana

Wu Ain’t Nothing To Fuzz With: RZA Backs NYC Fur Ban With Letter To City Council

Source: Michael Loccisano / Getty RZA Supports New York City Fur Ban With Letter To City Council If you thought PETA was the only one going hard for animals and shutting down you’re favorite celeb , think again. The group seems to have the support of hip hop, or at least, from one of its celebrated icons. According to New York Daily News , RZA from the Wu-Tang Clan  is backing the New York City Council speaker’s proposal to ban all fur sales in the city. RZA sent an email to the City Council members expressing his support through the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA, of course): “I am writing to ask that you support Speaker (Corey) Johnson’s bill to ban fur sales in New York City. I am Brooklyn-born but have had deep ties to all five boroughs since my earliest days with Wu-Tang Clan,” wrote RZA, whose real name is Robert Diggs. “Though it may be argued by some that fur used to show elite status in our community because of the inequality we face in society, those days are done.” He continued: “ Those who have expressed that animals must die by the dozens to demonstrate that we have ‘made it’ only show arrogance and represent regressive — not progressive—attitudes,” he said. Johnson’s bill would ban fur sales with the exception of used clothes and fur worn for religious purposes. His bill has caused outrage amongst some New York City residents, with some Black residents even arguing that flaunting fur is apart of the culture. Love & Hip Hop star and Nicki Minaj ex Safaree even made a scene outside of City Hall earlier this month, according to TMZ . Sporting a long fur coat, a neon hoodie and sweatpants, he yelled to the crowd of protestors and supporters of the ban alike: “Leave us alone! Stop picking on us. Our fur, our right! Our choice, our right!” Meanwhile, RZA is an avid vegan and he even has a vegan line of clothing. “I don’t need a dead animal or dead piece of flesh to go into my live body. There’s not nothing on this planet that doesn’t want to live,” he explained in a recent video for PETA. What do you think? Are you team RZA, or you rolling with Safaree???

More here:
Wu Ain’t Nothing To Fuzz With: RZA Backs NYC Fur Ban With Letter To City Council

#BlackBoyJoy: How One Young Man Earned TWO Tuition-Free Master’s Degrees From Columbia University

View this post on Instagram My friends said I should share this article , but yea — debt free! Don’t let anyone tell you can’t or you have to do something the way “they” did it ! A post shared by Maurice “Moe”Wiggins (@profyle_inc) on May 29, 2019 at 1:27pm PDT This Young Man Earned TWO Tuition-Free Master’s Degrees From Columbia Congratulations are in order for one young man who earned not one, but TWO, master’s degrees from Columbia University at NO COST to him . Yep, you read that right. “When Maurice Wiggins moved to New York from Florida, he knew he wanted to get an advanced degree and he knew that he wanted to earn it from Columbia University. But he would have to get in. And he would have to figure out how to pay for it,” the Columbia University Irving Medical Center website states . “As luck would have it, Wiggins was recruited in 2011 for an HR position at Columbia University Irving Medical Center (CUIMC). Most regular, full-time salaried University employees who have completed two years of continuous service may take advantage of a benefit that pays full tuition for their undergraduate and graduate courses at Columbia University, Barnard College, and Teachers College . The children of eligible employees also may qualify for a 100% tuition exemption for undergraduate degrees at Columbia and Barnard College.” After working for two years, Wiggins applied to the University’s School of International and Public Affairs, intent on getting his executive master of public administration (EMPA) degree. After earning that one, he went right back to school and got his master of science degree in strategic communications. View this post on Instagram Good morning ! “The Moement” by @regifbaby | new era #themoement #potd #photography #blackexcellence #saintlaurent #alexanderwang #mensfashion #menwithstyle #newyork A post shared by Maurice “Moe”Wiggins (@profyle_inc) on May 7, 2019 at 5:18am PDT “Where I came from, Columbia and schools like it weren’t within the realm of what we thought we could achieve,” he told CUIMC Today. “It was a personal goal for me to be able to say ‘I can go there, and I can graduate.’” “Time management has been key,” he told the site in reference to how he balanced a full-time job and classes on the weekends and some weeknights. “It was also really helpful that the things I was learning about I could actually practice at work. Some of the projects covered information that I would bring back and implement.” The site states he graduated this month… salute to the Black King.

View post:
#BlackBoyJoy: How One Young Man Earned TWO Tuition-Free Master’s Degrees From Columbia University

Swae Lee Co-Signs Meek Mill’s Cosmopolitan Hotel Beef

Read this article:

Source: Christian Vierig / Getty Meek Mill is coming for the Cosmopolitan hotel, claiming the Las Vegas destination is playing racist. Another artist who is co-signing the Philly rapper’s claims the spot having something against Hip-Hop is Swae Lee of Rae Sremmurd fame. Swae told TMZ that he wasn’t feeling his treatment at the Cosmopolitan, claiming the venue was aggressive “to the wrong people.” “I feel him 100%,” Swae told TMZ. “I was just there and they’re really aggressive for no reason.” He added, “It was below 5 stars,” regarding his own personal treatment. As previously reported, Meek was trying to hit up the Marquee Nightclub at the Cosmopolitan, but he and his entourage were denied entry by security. The “Amen” rapper insists it was because he was Black, while the Cosmopolitan maintains he was denied because the venue was over capacity— so now he plans to sue . Meek squashed his beef with Drake, so it couldn’t have been that security was Team Drizzy. Check out Swae Lee speak his pieve below.    

Swae Lee Co-Signs Meek Mill’s Cosmopolitan Hotel Beef

‘Game of Thrones’ Actor Kit Harington Checks into Wellness Retreat Following Series Finale

Here is the original post:

Source: Neilson Barnard / Getty G ame of Thrones star Kit Harington has reportedly checked into a wellness facility to cope with “personal issues” following the end of the HBO series. “Kit has decided to utilize this break in his schedule as an opportunity to spend some time at a wellness retreat to work on some personal issues,” a representative for Harington told Reuters . The 32-year-old actor has been treated for “stress, exhaustion, and alcohol use” as he tried to deal with  Game of Thrones  ending,  Page Six  reports. The actor played the heroic Jon Snow throughout the eight seasons of the HBO epic, propelling him from a relative unknown to international superstar. Throughout that time, Harington has admitted that the newfound fame has been challenging for him. “I felt I had to feel that I was the most fortunate person in the world, when actually, I felt very vulnerable,” he told  Variety   in an interview leading to the final season. Harington would seek therapy during the fourth and fifth seasons of the show, where Snow was killed and later resurrected. “I had felt very unsafe, and I wasn’t talking to anyone. I had to feel very grateful for what I have, but I felt incredibly concerned about whether I could even f—ing act,” he said. Harington checked in a luxury retreat in Connecticut, weeks before the series finale on May 19. His wife, GoT co-star Rose Leslie has been “extremely supportive” through his progress.

‘Game of Thrones’ Actor Kit Harington Checks into Wellness Retreat Following Series Finale

Serena Williams Wears Pro Feminist Off-White Outfit At French Open [Photos]

Source: NurPhoto / Getty Serena Williams continues put on for women. She recently sported a very empowering ensemble during one of the premier sporting events of the year. As spotted on  Page Six Serena wore a feminist forward outfit to the French Open. The fit was a custom Off-White for Nike black zip up top with a matching skirt. Each piece featured some pretty powerful and inspiring words in French including “Mother”, “Champion”, “Queen” and “Goddess”. The living legend detailed her intentions in an interview with the Tennis Chanel. “It has words in it in French. It talks about me being a mom and me being a queen, as all women are. A champion. It’s positive reinforcement for me, and I kind of love that” she explained. She also told AP NEWS “[the words on the jacket] are things that mean a lot to me and reminders for me and for everyone that wants to wear it.” Williams has a history of wearing statement pieces to the court. In 2018 Virgil Abloh designed the iconic tutu outfit she wore at the US Open in response to her catsuit being previously banned by the federation. Serena went on to defeat Russia’s Vitalia Diatchenko in three sets. Source: Tim Clayton – Corbis / Getty — Photo: Getty

The rest is here:
Serena Williams Wears Pro Feminist Off-White Outfit At French Open [Photos]

Cardi B Brags About Dropping $80K On Ice For Her Baby Daughter, Deletes Post

Continue reading here:

  When Jay-Z spit the line “Blu lookin’ like Pac in the tub” most OG Hip-Hoppers knew he was referring to that 90’s photo spread which featured Tupac covered in gold jewelry while in a bubble bath. But while we’ve never seen baby Blu rockin’ the atomic number 79 like Makaveli, other rappers seem to have taken that notion and ran with it something hard. Just a few weeks after Future caught all kinds of flack for copping a Rolex for his son’s fifth birthday , Cardi might’ve now stepped in social media’s crosshairs herself as she done went and dropped $80K on her 10-month-old child, Kulture. PageSix is reporting that in a now deleted post, Cardi took to Instagram to demonstrate how she spoils her child by posting a pic a gang of iced out bracelets that she was purchasing for her mini-me with a text message from her jeweler informing her the collection would be ready by 3pm and the damage was a mere $80,000. In the since-deleted post Cardi wrote “Just spent a bag on my daughter, you know a bad bitch gonna spoil haa… If i’m iced out my daughter gotta be too.” Do she though? We get she wants to spoil her baby but this is kinda OD. Just sayin.’ Someone must’ve got in her ear and told her that wasn’t a good look because like we said, the post has since come down. What do y’all think? Should children who can’t even clean their own bottoms yet be wearing thousands of dollars in jewelry? Let us know. View this post on Instagram Happy Easter from mines to yours A post shared by MOSTHATEDCARDI (@iamcardib) on Apr 21, 2019 at 6:05pm PDT — Photo: Prince Williams

Cardi B Brags About Dropping $80K On Ice For Her Baby Daughter, Deletes Post

How Much Money Will Atlanta Lose If Disney Pulls Out Of Georgia?

Read more from the original source:

Source: Paras Griffin / Getty In recent news, the CEO of the Walt Disney Co. Bob Iger said the company is thinking about pulling all its movie production from Georgia if the highly controversial abortion ban is put into place. Just a few weeks ago Georgia Governor Brian Kemp signed a 6 week abortion ban law called “fetal-heartbeat bill,” which is set to go in effect Jan. 1, 2020. The bill bans abortion as early as six weeks into pregnancy. _____ But, if Disney pulls all its production how does that really affect Atlanta?   Over the past decade Georgia has benefited tremendously from its 30 percent tax incentives, which has attracted many movie houses.  In 2018, 455 productions made its way to Georgia, including many Disney films like Avengers, Black Panther and so on. The state has said to have seen $2.7 billion in direct spending from productions in just that year. RELATED: Behind The Scenes Of Avengers Infinity War Movie Set [Photo Gallery] Now, every movie production isn’t going to pull out of Georgia. The state dished out 800 million in tax credits last year and that is still a huge incentive, but with a company like Disney taking their chunk of money elsewhere, that 2.7 billion could dwindle very fast. CLICK HERE TO READ MORE   

How Much Money Will Atlanta Lose If Disney Pulls Out Of Georgia?

Maino Salutes DaBaby For Handling Himself In The Mall [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]

Read the original post:

Maino knows a thing or two about slapping up somebody for disrespect. The New York rapper swung by A G & A Pimp with G-Man and J-Que and opened up abut his latest single with Macy Gray in “All Again,” how he thought DaBaby handled himself well in the mall when confronted by a fellow North Carolina rapper , what it means to him to have his brother home after doing more than two decades behind bars, whether or not he’s ever had problems in Las Vegas, why respect is such a big deal for him and why he was ALL about business during his time on Love & Hip Hop . On Watching DaBaby Fight In The Mall: “Would I’ve done the same thing? Probably. He clinked him right on up. Listen, it’s the respect though, it’s greater than anything. What we doing now? Are we at a place where we can’t go places and we gon’ be disrespected? Not me, not never.” Watch the full interview up top and subscribe to the Box’s YouTube channel for more exclusive content! RELATED: 11 Hunky Pics Of Maino Looking Like A Whole Zaddy

Maino Salutes DaBaby For Handling Himself In The Mall [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]

‘The Chi’ Showrunner Says ‘Everyone’ Knew About Jason Mitchell’s Alleged Harassment, Reported Him To HR Herself

Source: SplashNews.com / Splash News “The Chi” Showrunner Speaks On Jason Mitchell More details are surfacing about those Jason Mitchell misconduct claims. After people expressed doubt about Tiffany Boone’s claims that he costar sexually harassed her on set, the show’s second-season showrunner is making some damning accusations. Ayanna Floyd told The Hollywood Reporter that she personally filed a complaint about Mitchell and was a “target of his rage and inappropriateness.” She’s also directly contrasting claims that Lena Waithe, “The Chi’s” creator/EP, was unaware of Jason’s actions until the second season of the show. According to Floyd, “EVERYONE was well aware of Jason’s behavior,” Lena included, and Floyd was made aware of it at the beginning of season two.   “When I took the helm in season two, it was Lena who informed me of the issues between Jason Mitchell and Tiffany Boone from season one, and that Tiffany was thinking of leaving the show because of it,” says Floyd to THR. “As a result of this information, I discussed Tiffany’s claims with the studio’s HR department and set up HR presentations for the writers, cast and crew. Ultimately, everyone was well aware of Jason’s behavior and his multiple HR cases, including Lena, the creator and an executive producer of the show, who is very involved at the studio and network level.” Adds Floyd, “As showrunner, I did everything I could to deal with his behavior, by speaking with the studio’s HR department multiple times and instructing one actress to call HR herself, before I became a target of his rage and inappropriateness, and had to report him to HR, as well.” Source: SplashNews.com / Splash News The Hollywood Reporter’s story is very detailed, and in it, they note that Lena previously spoke out in alignment with the “Me Too” movement. Lena said if one of her show’s stars acted inappropriately, they’d be promptly “killed off the series.”   “So why didn’t Mitchell’s character go down in a volley of onscreen bullets?” wonders The Hollywood Reporter.  “I’ve been very involved in Time’s Up and that movement, and for season two, we’re making sure that women feel safe,” Waithe told The Hollywood Reporter in June 2018. “[I]f you want to play that game and be disrespectful or misbehave on set with an actress or anyone, I’ll happily call Showtime and say, ‘This person has to go,’ and you will get shot up and it’ll be a wonderful finale.” Lena sent in a statement about the ongoing drama surrounding her show and she praised Tiffany Boone for coming forward. She declined to say much else. “I think Tiffany is a wonderful actress and an extremely brave woman. I wish her nothing but success in the future. I look forward to getting back to work on season three.” Source: SplashNews.com / Splash News There’s lots more to unpack here like Mitchell reportedly being given a “second chance”—until his actions got him booted from Netflix’s “Desperados.” Sources told THR almost immediately after Mitchell came onset for the film actresses complained about his behavior. “There were two incidents in four days,” says an insider to THR. After “Desperados”, “The Chi” pulled the plug on Jason Mitchell too. View this post on Instagram Watch @shothechi only on @showtime at 10pm every Sunday A post shared by Jason Mitchell (@jasonmitchellactor) on May 1, 2019 at 11:08am PDT So far, the actor’s yet to speak on the controversy surrounding him. When do YOU think Jason Mitchell will break his silence???  

View post:
‘The Chi’ Showrunner Says ‘Everyone’ Knew About Jason Mitchell’s Alleged Harassment, Reported Him To HR Herself