Source: Rick Kern / Getty[/caption] Complex Takes Lil Nas X “Sneaker Shopping” Lil Nas X is still riding the wave of success that came with his rootin’ tootin’ hit record “Old Town Road”. The Atlanta upstart appeared on an episode of Complex’s “Sneaker Shopping” and grabbed a couple pairs of kicks fit more for an urban cowboy than a real one. Press play below to see what he cops. You down with Lil Nas X’s style?
Source: John Merrick / John Merrick Red Table Talks Features The Women Of The Curry NBA Dynasty Last week we told you that “Red Table Talk” would be coming back with a brand new episode — which aired today! In the episode, the women of the Red Table travel to North Carolina to meet with Ayesha Curry (wife of Basketball superstar Steph Curry), his mother Sonya Curry, little sister Sydel Curry and future sister-in-law Callie Rivers, to discuss about everything from anxiety issues to flirtatious female fans. Peep the trailer below: Starting today, Fans can expect new episodes of Red Table Talk every Monday at 9:00 a.m. PT / 12:00 p.m. ET on Facebook Watch. The women of the Red Table will explore topical and social issues such as forgiveness, self-love, divorce, race, domestic violence, adoption, and infidelity. Hit the flip to watch Ayesha talk about Steph Curry’s temper (or lack thereof!).
Source: Paras Griffin/Greg Doherty/Getty / Getty Joyner Lucas Exposes Tomie Lahren’s Twitter DM This weekend we posted Joyner Lucas’ new music video for his single “Devil’s Work”. In it, the rapper asked that God remove Tomi Lahren and Laura Ingraham from this earth in exchange for someone more valuable to society. While Ingraham hasn’t responded, the thirst bucket that is Tomi Lahren leaped at the opportunity to achieve relevancy by not only responding to Joyner on Twitter, but also sliding into his DMs. View this post on Instagram I wonder how this conversations gonna go @tomilahren A post shared by Joyner Lucas (@joynerlucas) on May 6, 2019 at 7:17am PDT While we fully recognize that Joyner is all for the controversy surrounding race issues based on his critically panned “I’m Not Racist” music video, we hope that he realizes that he’s being played. Tomi Lahren only wants to bait him into a conversation that will make him look crazy and drive millions of views to her videos. It’s a zero-sum game and by no means should he engage in such tomfoolery. That said, we’re 100% sure Joyner is going to engage in the tomfoolery. SMH.
Source: FayesVision/WENN.com / WENN Via Madamenoire : Remy Ma and her legal team are confident that the assault charges filed against her by Brittney Taylor will be dropped in no time. According to TMZ , Remy’s house has surveillance cameras with footage that prove that she was home on April 16th around 9:30 PM, the time that Taylor alleges she punched her in her eye. Taylor claims that the “All the Way Up” rapper punched her during a dispute at Irving Plaza over conflict she had with Remy’s stepdaughter, Dejenae. Remy ‘s lawyer, Dawn Florio, said she did not arrive to Irving Plaza until 10:45 p.m. Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. ( Terms and conditions ). Florio added that there is no surveillance footage of this alleged attack. Furthermore, she obtained a timestamped photo that shows Taylor leaving the event with no marks on her face. Sign Up For Our Newsletter! Close Thank you for subscribing! Please be sure to open and click your first newsletter so we can confirm your subscription. Email Submit For Remy’s sake, we hope this case is dropped soon because if it isn’t, her parole could be violated and she could be sent back to prison. The Bronx native, who spent six years in prison for shooting a former friend, will be off of parole on August 1st. SEE ALSO: Remy Ma Turns Herself In For The Alleged Assault of Love & Hip-Hop Co-Star Taylor also has a civil attorney, which could mean that she will be hitting Remy with a lawsuit. Remy is out on bail after turning herself in last week. [ione_media_gallery src=”https://rickeysmileymorningshow.com” id=”1955568″ overlay=”true”] ALSO TRENDING ON RICKEYSMILEYMORNINGSHOW.COM : K. Michelle’s Surrogate Confirms She’s Carrying Twins [VIDEO] RHOA Star Eva Marcille Is Pregnant With Baby No. 3! Oprah Winfrey Drops $10,000 On A Wedding Dress For One Of Her Former Students Follow @TheRSMS
Source: Shareif Ziyadat / Shareif Ziyadat Say it ain’t so… Joe Budden Denies Cyn Santana Breakup, Cyn Responds Geriatric Joe Budden is still fully inVESTed in his Cyn Santana engagement. That’s the message he’s spreading amid rumors that they’ve broken up. As previously reported Cyn’s deleted all traces of Joe off her Instagram and the once happy couple’s unfollowed each other on social media. Joe addressed the breakup rumors during a taping of his podcast this week in Tampa, Florida. According to Joe they’re not officially broken up because Cyn said NEVER said those words. She did however move out of the house and she hasn’t spoken to him in weeks. OUCH. “We didn’t break up! There’s been no breakup,” said Joe to the podcast taping attendees. “Now, words are important. So, what does that mean? What that means is that neither one of us said, ‘It’s over.’ Now, with that said, we haven’t spoken in a little while. I think her phone’s been dead for a few weeks.” “Can you have a breakup without saying it?” he asked the crowd. “I’m asking a very serious question. Can you break up…without actually breaking up?” You can watch befuddled Budden wonder about the fate of his Cyn Santana relationship here. Mind you, this comes after Cyn posted a video of herself listening to Beyonce’s “Don’t Hurt Yourself.” She’s since tweeted this in response to Joe’s question; “People have months broken up and don’t even know it. But God reveals all truths ” Actions speak louder than words. People have months broken up and don’t even know it. But God reveals all truths https://t.co/QEEtR3w8p4 — Cyn Santana (@Cyn_Santana) May 6, 2019 Now that sounds like a split confirmation. We’re SURE we’ll hear the real deal about what went down soon… Source: Thaddeus McAdams/Getty Images / Getty
Source: JakeOlimb / Getty Maleah Davis Goes Missing In Houston There is a missing little girl in the Houston, Texas area and the details are befuddling authorities. According to CNN, 4-year-old Maleah Davis’ stepdad, Darion Vence, told detectives that he, Maleah and his son were on their way to the airport Friday night to pick up Maleah’s mother, who was flying in from Massachusetts, Holbrook said. The stepfather then heard a “popping noise” like a popped tire and pulled over to check on it. That’s when he says a blue pickup truck pulled up behind the car and two Hispanic males got out. One of the men commented, “Maleah looks very nice, looks very sweet,” according to Vence’s account. The other man hit Vence in the head and he lost consciousness, he told the police. When Vence woke up, he said, he was in the back of the truck with Maleah and her brother. But three Hispanic males were suddenly in the truck, the stepfather said. He told police he was in and out of consciousness until about 6 p.m. Saturday, when he woke up on Highway 6 with the 1-year-old boy. Maleah was not there. Vence said he walked to a nearby hospital where he received treatment and reported her missing. Here, Houston Police showed photos of the alleged truck and the stepfather’s injuries. 2/2: Photo of assault victim, Mr. Darion Vence, who is Maleah's stepfather, stated he was unconscious for almost 24 hrs. Detectives ask anyone who saw Darion or Maleah after 9 pm Friday (May 3) to 6 pm on Sat to contact HPD Homicide 713-308-3600 or @CrimeStopHOU at 713-222-TIPS. pic.twitter.com/nuZHA1EQPY — Houston Police (@houstonpolice) May 5, 2019 So sad! According to her stepdad, Maleah had multiple brain surgeries, including one in recent months. The surgeries were intended to help an injury heal, he said and she even felt sick around the time of the alleged abduction. Anyone with information on Maleah's whereabouts is urged to contact HPD Homicide at 713-308-3600 or @CrimeStopHOU at 713-222-TIPS. Media partners: all updates on this case will be disseminated here. #hounews pic.twitter.com/8F0PRPRgFN — Houston Police (@houstonpolice) May 5, 2019 An Amber Alert describes the kidnappers’ car as a blue, crew-cab Chevy pickup truck, possibly a 2010 year model. Maleah is about 3 feet tall and weighs 30 to 40 pounds. She was last seen wearing a light blue Under Armour jacket, blue jeans and gray Under Armour tennis shoes with pink and white details. If you have any information on the whereabouts of Maleah, Houston PD is pleading for answers! Call 713-308-3600.
An overcast on Saturday flirted with the possibility of rain, but it never came. This was a sure sign for what Saturday May 4 was going to be like for Down Town Atlanta’s version of March For Babies. thousands gathered in Old Fourth Ward Park to celebrate and support mothers and families of premature babies. The event was hosted by Katie Walls (WSBTV) & Reec Swiney (Hot 107.9) with DJ Frost (Majic 107.9) providing the tunes for the day. Families where able to share heartwarming and tear jerking stories, letting each other know that they are not alone and to remain hopeful no mater the circumstance. Even Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms came out in support and shared her motherhood story. At one point, Reec took the stage an was joined by two of his daughters as he shared his “preemie story”. He was even brought to tears as he recounted his youngest daughter “Catherine’s, 88 day stay in the NICU, and how March For Babies resources really helped his family through that time. The event was a huge success and the amazing energy that Executive Director of March of Dimes, Sean Slater, brought seemed to pour right into the march and day in general. This single event helped raise over $400,000 as well!
Source: Prince Williams / Getty The Breakfast Club Interviews Taylor Rooks We’ve had our eye on Taylor Rooks for several years now and the sportscaster has developed quite a bit since she first rolled down our social media timeline. The work she’s put in for various platforms over the years has earned her her very own show on Bleacher Report: “Take It There” With Taylor Rooks . The 26-year-old from Atlanta, GA is a whole lot of woman and in addition to her show, Taylor talks about her love life and dealing with men’s perception of her as a professional. Taylor also is 100% down for a lively sports talk. Yes lawd.
Source: TASS / Getty Forty-One People Die After Russian Plane Catches On Fire While Landing Horrible footage of a Russian plane landing in flames has shocked the world. According to USA Today , an Aeroflot plane made an emergency landing in Moscow right as its back end was engulfed in flames. The Aeroflot captain who landed the Superjet 100 aircraft said a lightning strike and full fuel tanks might have had something to do with the fire which left 41 people dead. Aeroflot Flight SU1492 was scheduled to leave from Moscow to the northwestern Russian city of Murmansk on Sunday. However, it returned to the Moscow airport less thank 30 minutes after taking off because lightning hit the plane, according to passengers and pilot Denis Evdokimov. He told Russian media that there was a “bright flash and a bang” moments before the crew started an emergency landing. He added that contact with air traffic controllers was hindered by the apparent lightning strike. Evdokimov said that the crew was left to perform a manual landing and they managed to establish radio contact for “a couple of words” to air traffic control personnel, who guided them down to the runway. The jet had a rough landing, striking the runway several times, which probably damaged the fuel tanks and caused the fire to ignite in the rear of the fuselage, the pilot explained. “The speed wasn’t high, it was normal according to the flight manual,” Evdokimov said. However, the jet was heavy with fuel, which added to the challenge of the landing, according to Evdokimov. A clip of the landing shows the plane riding the runway amid huge flames and a trail of thick black smoke. Moments later, passengers exit the emergency slides. Of the 41 people who were killed, most of them suffered smoke inhalation and many had serious burns. Passenger Mikhail Savchenko wrote on Facebook, “huge grief for everyone who lost their family and loved ones.” He explained that he survived with a few bruises. “No, I didn’t drag my suitcases,” he said. “No, the moment I was filming, there were no people around me that I could help. But believe me, it’s not much easier.” Aeroflot said they would provide emergency assistance to survivors and was flying family members to Moscow free of charge. “Aeroflot extends its deepest condolences to the family and loved ones of those who lost their lives,” the airline said in a statement. “The crew did everything in its power to save passenger lives and provide emergency assistance to those involved. Tragically, they were unable to save all of those aboard.” The Russian Investigative Committee has launched a criminal inquiry to figure out if aircraft operation safety rules were violated. Such an investigation is standard business in crashes that claim the lives of two or more passengers.