Category Archives: News

Skye Tunes’ Top 5 Reason She Loves The South

View post:

T here’s something about the US south. From it’s picturesque landscapes to its delicious food and ice tea. Many are proud to call below the Mason–Dixon line home. We recently caught up with southern gal and Houston native, Skye Tunes to talk about what makes the south so dope. Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter! Close Thank you for subscribing! Please be sure to open and click your first newsletter so we can confirm your subscription. Email Submit Check out her top 5 reasons above! Skye worked with Chris Brown and her latest single, “Fairytales.” The track not only features his vocals, but It was also written by the VA native. Source: Richmond / Radio One Text “iPower” to 37890 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else! …Standard Messaging Rates Apply For the Latest Entertainment News : Follow @ipowerrichmond Latest… DJ SUEDE: Producing “I Am Who They Say I Am” With NBA YoungBoy, Instagram Success & More New Orleans Rapper Young Greatness Shot And Killed Black College Football Week 9: Classic Debut These 40 Halloween Costumes Completely Nailed It This Year

Skye Tunes’ Top 5 Reason She Loves The South

Staten Island Residents Attack Crew Filming Where Eric Garner Was Chocked To Death

The rest is here:

T here is currently a series being filmed on the killing of Eric Garner, titled “The Fifth Boro.” But production stopped this weekend when a handful of onlookers reportedly attacked the actors filming the chokehold death scene at the exact location where Garner was killed by police on July 17, 2014. See Also: Bill Cosby Sentenced To 3 To 10 Years In Prison For Sexual Assault Conviction According to The New York Daily News , James Russo , Anthony Mangano and Mark John Jefferies , best known for his roles in “Losing Isaiah” and “Get Rich or Die Tryin’,” were filming a scene on Thursday where the two white actors wrestle Jefferies to the ground. It was unclear if Jeffries plays Garner because the IMDB page for the film says he his role is a character named Drey. While filming, “a bottle came soaring onto the set, aimed at Jefferies, who said the projectile missed his feet by ‘about 8 inches.’” Jefferies told the New York Daily News, “They were just being ignorant and I don’t have time for that. We were literally about to roll and one of them threw a bottle in my direction.” Jefferies said he approached the person who threw the bottle and yelled, “If you don’t like it, you can get the F out of here.” Director Steve Stanulis, a former Staten Island cop, decided to no longer film at the location where Garner was killed. He also claimed, according to the New York Daily News, that he wasn’t aware that was the location where Garner was killed. Sounds like Stanulis and his team need to do some better research if they are recreating the controversial police killing and aren’t even aware they are at the location where he died. SEE ALSO: All The Ways Cops Are Still Trying To Cover Up LaQuan McDonald’s Execution Outrageous! Figurines Of White Cherub Crushing Head Of Black Angel Removed From Dollar Store Meet Jogger Joe, The Man Who Took Racist Cue From BBQ Becky In Tossing Homeless Man’s Clothes [ione_media_gallery src=”https://newsone.com” id=”3828001″ overlay=”true”]

Staten Island Residents Attack Crew Filming Where Eric Garner Was Chocked To Death

Finally! Police Chief Confirms That Kroger Shooting Was A Hate Crime

Link:

A Kentucky police chief finally acknowledged what was obvious to most people: the killing of two Black people by a white supremacist last week in suburban Louisville was race related. See Also: White Supremacist Who Targeted And Killed 2 Black People In Cold Blood Is Arrested Peacefully Speaking to the congregation of a Black church that was also targeted by the accused killer  Gregory Bush ,  Jeffersontown Police Chief Sam Rogers  said the Wednesday shooting at a Kroger supermarket parking lot was a hate crime, Wave 3 News reported. “The sentiments that were expressed to a witness by Mr. Bush, the suspect in this crime, are not indicative of this community. They’re not indicative of the Jeffersontown police. I wanted to call it what it was, and that’s racism in action,” the police chief stated. Maurice Stallard, 69, and Vickie Jones, 67, were killed by 51-year-old Gregory A. Bush at a Kroger in Kentucky. https://t.co/HhZbOPzmt3 — NewsOne (@newsone) October 26, 2018 Meanwhile, Louisville GOP mayoral candidate Angela Leet also said on Sunday that the shooting was a hate crime, according to the Courier-Journal , making her one of the first local Republicans to acknowledge the obvious. Rogers had been slow at coming to that conclusion. Ed Harrell , a white man who witnessed the shooting and brandished his own gun for protection in the parking lot, reportedly claimed immediately after the shooting that Bush walked by him and said, “Don’t shoot me. I won’t shoot you. Whites don’t shoot whites.” Yet the chief hesitated for several days to confirm that the double homicide was race related. “I can’t speculate on motive at this time,” Harrell said Thursday. Here’s what Rogers is now saying: “I wanted to call it what it was, and that’s racism in action,” Jeffersontown Police Chief Sam Rogers said of last week's shooting at Kroger that left two people dead. https://t.co/RciS9hj7ge pic.twitter.com/V8Ybl9zF9A — WLKY (@WLKY) October 28, 2018 Bush, 51, had attempted but failed to enter the First Baptist Church of Jeffersontown on Wednesday, according to the police. He then went to a nearby Kroger where he shot and killed 69-year-old Maurice Stallard and Vickie Lee Jones , 67, apparently at random. Bush was taken into custody shortly after he fled the scene. In his remarks at the church, Rogers noted the parallels between the shooting in their community and the mass shooting Saturday at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh, where the gunman made anti-Semitic statements before killing 11 people. “These two most recent examples of hate crimes were carried out by evil people that base their beliefs and actions on ideas and ideals that are contrary to the good of the American people,” he said. SEE ALSO: Watch: Drunk White Woman Who Racially Harasses Black Women Faces Consequences After Sobering Up From Trayvon Martin To Blackface: Megyn Kelly’s Most Racist Moments [ione_media_gallery src=”https://newsone.com” id=”3833615″ overlay=”true”]

Finally! Police Chief Confirms That Kroger Shooting Was A Hate Crime

DJ SUEDE: Producing “I Am Who They Say I Am” With NBA YoungBoy, Instagram Success & More

The rest is here:

DJ Suede stopped by Hot 1079 to chop it up with B High about his new hit single with NBA Young Boy “I Am Who I Am”. During the convo Suede talks about his viral success as an influencer on instagram and he also drops some jewels for aspiring musicians and influencers.

DJ SUEDE: Producing “I Am Who They Say I Am” With NBA YoungBoy, Instagram Success & More

Megyn Kelly Criticized By Hometown Students Who Once Admired Her

More:

T he backlash became more personal for  Megyn Kelly  as current students from Kelly’s high school rejected her controversial statement that blackface was acceptable when she was growing up in Bethlehem, New York. SEE ALSO: From Trayvon Martin To Blackface: Megyn Kelly’s Most Racist Moments A group of students at Bethlehem Central High School, where the former NBC host graduated in 1988, said none of their parents could recall a time back in the 1980s when blackface was considered not racist, the Students for Peace and Survival at Bethlehem Central High School stated Sunday in an NBC News op-ed. Kelly is an admired figure at her alma mater, where she was inducted into the school’s hall of fame in 2015 . NBC confirmed on Friday that it booted Kelly from her morning show. The firing was prompted by her panel discussion on Tuesday in which she defended wearing blackface for Halloween. “You do get in trouble if you are a white person who puts on blackface for Halloween, or a Black person who puts on whiteface for Halloween. Back when I was a kid, that was OK just as long as you were dressing as a character,” she stated. A huge backlash prompted Kelly to apologize, but it wasn’t enough given her history of making racist comments , particularly as a Fox News host before joining NBC. “We know full well that one of the hardest things to do is to apologize, and we thank her for doing so,” the students said. “But retroactively showing sensitivity isn’t nearly enough to prevent the cycle from continuing.” Megyn Kelly clearly won’t be missed at NBC. #MegynKellyCanceledParty https://t.co/mQn6RcYPIr — NewsOne (@newsone) October 25, 2018 Bethlehem is far from a racially diverse town, the students noted. It was 92 percent white and just 2.5 percent African-American, according the 2010 census. Minstrel shows were part of the city’s “sordid tradition” of humor at the expense of Black people. The local newspaper recorded that a minstrel show was performed for a school fundraiser in 1960, more than a decade before Kelly was born. “The reason that Megyn’s comments about blackface being OK when she was a kid … were so offensive is that blackface is a projection of the racism that lies much deeper, and a symbol of times that are not quite as far past as we may wish to admit,” the students commented. SEE ALSO: You Can’t Sit With Us! Megyn Kelly’s NBC Coworkers Reportedly ‘Hated’ Her Kanye’s ‘Blexit’ T-Shirts For Young Black Conservatives Shuns Democrats [ione_media_gallery src=”https://newsone.com” id=”3833528″ overlay=”true”]

Megyn Kelly Criticized By Hometown Students Who Once Admired Her

Entrepreneur Helps Black Women Get Access To Venture Capital

See the article here:

A lthough Black women are the fastest growing group of entrepreneurs in the country, they still run into many obstacles when seeking capital for their business ventures. Entrepreneur Shelly Bell is looking to change that through her company Black Girl Ventures, Forbes reported. Shelly Bell, founder of Black Girl Ventures, helps women of color gain access to capital https://t.co/tYDgevbKzG pic.twitter.com/JadqKdJd7N — Women@Forbes (@WomenatForbes) October 27, 2018 Throughout her career Bell has been a fierce advocate for people from underrepresented groups, the news outlet writes. She leads two printing companies one of which has an all-woman team of designers and printers who develop products for major tech companies. Her other venture—dubbed Made by a Black Woman—is an e-commerce digital platform that features products created by women of color. Inspired to take her mission of empowering Black women further, she launched Black Girl Ventures in 2016 as an avenue to align Black businesswomen with opportunities to secure capital. Through her business, she provides an array of different services that are all designed to help women elevate their businesses. She hosts networking events, boot camps, and pitch competitions where winners receive funds from the admission fees and land meetings with investors. In the future, she hopes to help Latinx women as well. “We realized on top of access to capital, Black and Brown women also want access to new networks,” Bell told Forbes. “In my opinion social capital is the move. Even if you get access to capital, if you don’t have the network or team or people around you to help you manage it or give you ideas on how to grow or scale, you can only get to a certain point.” Bell—who is a part of the LGBTQIA community—believes that there is power in inclusivity and wants BGV to be a safe space for people from all walks of life. Ever since BGV launched two years ago, she has helped 13 entrepreneurs fund their businesses and hopes to help many others bring their dreams to fruition. SEE ALSO: Harlem’s The Lillian Project Empowers Black Women To Step Into Entrepreneurship Jay-Z Could Help Black Business Owners With Newest Investment Firm [ione_media_gallery src=”https://newsone.com” id=”3832050″ overlay=”true”]

Entrepreneur Helps Black Women Get Access To Venture Capital

These 40 Halloween Costumes Completely Nailed It This Year

See the original post:

Source: Alija / Getty Halloween weekend has brought out some of the most creative people on the planet and there’s nothing more awesome than seeing everyone come together and let their imagination run wild. This year, there was no shortage of amazing costumes. Every costume was amazing and proved that you didn’t have to be a celebrity to pull off an amazing look. Let’s take a look at some of the most impressive Halloween 2018 costumes so far. This 5 year old little girl did a better SZA than SZA! She completely pulled off SZA’s “Ctrl” cover and looked precious while doing it.   And you can’t go wrong with White Chicks . The Best Halloween Costume pic.twitter.com/yPTsyJPscB — Sgrate (@sgrate_) October 28, 2018   There were a LOT of Beyonce and Jay Z’s this year but here are a couple of our favorites. Some even came with their very own Mona Lisa. Give me the , Give me the …Happy Halloween Good People pic.twitter.com/ZVTFjGREHn — Dora Milaje (@kfrastar) October 26, 2018   This is the best pet costume hands down! My son looking like the cutest mailman in all of Htown pic.twitter.com/dZ3WTdv3z4 — drea (@dreazrag) October 27, 2018   Hit the flip for more Halloween looks.

These 40 Halloween Costumes Completely Nailed It This Year

Bill Cosby’s Lawyers Claim Judge’s Feud ‘Kept The Truth From Being Disclosed’

Read more:

B ill Cosby  has been sentenced to 3 to 10 years for three charges of aggravated indecent sexual assault. His lawyers are still demanding he be released for prison. See Also: Bill Cosby Sentenced To 3 To 10 Years In Prison For Sexual Assault Conviction According to the Los Angeles Sentinel , “In a brand new court filing on Tuesday, former Montgomery County District Attorney Bruce Castor confirmed that the civil depositions used to convict Bill Cosby should never have been used at all and the comedian agreed to waive his Fifth Amendment rights and sit for the queries knowing that the documents would always be kept private.” Castor was not allowed to testify at Cosby’s trial. Castor claims there is a feud between himself and Montgomery County Judge Steven T. O’Neill, the judge who presided over Cosby’s two trials. Allegedly, this feud is due to O’Neill having an affair with a “female Assistant District Attorney employed by the Montgomery County District Attorney.” In 1999, Castor claims he was accused of running a smear campaign against O’Neill, they were both running for the Republican nomination for the position of Montgomery County District Attorney. The woman who O’Neill was having an affair with showed up at one of their debates, which O’Neill claimed was set up by Castor, which he has denied. The Los Angeles Sentinel reports, “O’Neill ruled that Castor couldn’t testify on behalf of Cosby because the judge claimed the former DA was ‘not credible,’ Castor said he viewed that as an attempt to hurt him publicly and it was a measure of political and professional payback.” Considering this new information, Camille Cosby released a statement, which read, “Before being sentenced for a crime he did not commit, Bill Cosby filed a motion demanding that Judge O’Neill provide a full accounting of his longstanding feud with and bias against Bruce Castor.” The statement continued, “The motion explained that Mr. Cosby, after the feud was disclosed in an unsourced tabloid article, retained a former FBI agent to investigate the judge. The former agent discovered that there was in fact a longstanding feud between the two that dated back to a 1999 political campaign for DA. … The judge’s self-serving order, preventing as it did the testimony of Mr. Castor, successfully kept the truth from being disclosed not only in his courtroom but also in the court of public opinion.” Cosby’s attorney are asking for his immediate release. SEE ALSO: All The Ways Cops Are Still Trying To Cover Up LaQuan McDonald’s Execution Outrageous! Figurines Of White Cherub Crushing Head Of Black Angel Removed From Dollar Store Meet Jogger Joe, The Man Who Took Racist Cue From BBQ Becky In Tossing Homeless Man’s Clothes [ione_media_gallery src=”https://newsone.com” id=”3828001″ overlay=”true”]

Bill Cosby’s Lawyers Claim Judge’s Feud ‘Kept The Truth From Being Disclosed’

The Music And Numbers Speaks For Queen Naija [#KYSFest Exclusive]

Link:

There is no denying the star that is Queen Naija . While many have tried to put a dim on Queen’s light, the singer still shines bright and sharing her life through social media and her popular Youtube Channel . And she’s doing all of this while pregnant! Close Thank you for subscribing! Please be sure to open and click your first newsletter so we can confirm your subscription. Email Submit   Queen Naija speaks with Dominique The Diva backstage at KYS Fest to talk about her amazing journey and why the music and numbers speak for itself. More From The First Annual KYS Fest!  H.E.R. “It’s About Lifting Each Other Up” [#KYSFest Exclusive] How Does Jacquees Stay Grounded? [#KYSFest Exclusive]   [ione_media_gallery src=”https://kysdc.com” id=”3689939″ overlay=”true”]

The Music And Numbers Speaks For Queen Naija [#KYSFest Exclusive]

MAGABomber Cesar Sayoc Used To Be A Stripper #MAGABomber

See original here:

Source: Broward County Sheriff’s Department / Broward County Sheriff’s Department Of all the things to emerge since the arrest of the so-called “MAGABomber” Cesar Sayoc , the fact that he was once an exotic male dancer might top them all. According to TMZ, Sayoc threatened to kill other dancers and allegedly plotted to poison them with HIV-infected blood. TMZ reports : We’re told Cesar’s time as a stripper was tumultuous … on several occasions, he threatened other dancers and was constantly jealous of colleagues who were making more money than him or diminishing his presence on stage. According to dancers who worked with him … Cesar once threatened to stab another dancer with a syringe loaded with HIV-infected blood. We’re told Cesar once got so jealous of a rival dancer, he taped tuna can lids to the bottom of his boots and threatened to stomp the dancer’s face and cut him up. When people laughed at him, he became enraged and said, “Just wait. I’m going to take this guy out.” It’s interesting … Cesar traveled the country in a van during his stripping days, and Friday he was busted in a van covered with stickers threatening Hillary Clinton and CNN personalities. He also made multiple violent threats against TMZ on social media. Yeah. This is wild. TMZ also obtained video of Sayoc messing around with wires to make stripper costumes light up, so it appears he’s been down to blow stuff up for quite some time. Check out the clip below. — Photo: Broward County Sheriff’s Department

MAGABomber Cesar Sayoc Used To Be A Stripper #MAGABomber