Ludacris Custody Hearing: Rapper Questioned On Lyrics [VIDEO] During his custody proceedings , Ludacris gets grilled over the encounter described between himself and a female party-goer described in verse two of his song “Dancin’ Dirty,” featuring Chris Brown. During the three-day custody trial involving rap star Ludacris, attorney Lisa West decided to question him about the context of his rap lyrics on one of his recent tracks and how that may impact his 13-month daughter. Was hip hop on trial as well? Seeing as how he ultimately won, we’re guessing this tactic wasn’t too effective… YouTube
Gun Range Owner Bans Muslims And Sees Steep Increase In Business We posted a story about this woman and her gun range last October and now she’s gettin’ gwap hand-over-fist! Via Breitbart In the five months since Hot Springs, Arkansas, gun range owner Jan Morgan banned Muslims from her facilities, she has seen business quadruple. She has also faced threats and the prospect of lawsuits, which so far, have not materialized. Morgan owns Gun Cave Indoor Firing Range. According to Fox News, Morgan decided to ban Muslims after “two customers she deemed suspicious” showed up in September. Since that time, she has excluded those “she believes to be Muslim based upon their names.” Morgan sees it as a safety issue. She said, “We are dealing in lethal firearms. I am not going to let a Nazi shoot in here, or a Ku Klux Klan member in here, either.” The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) has written Attorney General Eric Holder asking him to intervene. In the letter, CAIR said, “Given the recent spike in anti-Muslim rhetoric, including Islamophobic statements by government officials, community leaders and media outlets, death threats, and other bias incidents targeting Muslims, I urge you to investigate this matter soon.” CAIR argued that banning Muslims from the shooting range “is a violation of federal laws prohibiting racial and religious discrimination.” The ACLU is also asked the DOJ to do something about Morgan’s policies, and they want to talk to any Muslim who gets turned away from Morgan’s shooting range. But Morgan is standing her ground. She compared “offering target practice to potential terrorists to flight schools offering lessons to the 9/11 terrorists.” A caption on an image of Morgan with a gun says, “I am the infidel your imam warned you about.” Only in ‘Merikkka. SMH. Image via Shutterstock
McDonald’s CEO Steps Down As Sales Decline McDonald’s CEO Don Tompson is stepping down from his position at the corporation. Via Fortune : McDonald’s CEO Don Thompson is leaving the company in March. The newcomer will face the enormous task of reversing the fast-food chain’s global sales slide. The company said on Wednesday said Thompson would step down as CEO and board member on March 1, and be replaced by Steve Easterbrook, its chief brand officer who is responsible for fixing the fast-food operator’s marketing and menu. A longtime McDonald’s veteran, Easterbrook earlier in his career held big jobs including president of McDonald’s Europe. The company said on Wednesday said Thompson would step down as CEO and board member on March 1, and be replaced by Steve Easterbrook, its chief brand officer who is responsible for fixing the fast-food operator’s marketing and menu. A longtime McDonald’s veteran, Easterbrook earlier in his career held big jobs including president of McDonald’s Europe. The move comes a week after McDonald’s, the world’s biggest restaurant company, reported fourth-quarter and full-year results that made 2014 the first with a decline in same-store sales in a dozen years. It was also the fifth straight quarter of declining same-store sales in the United States, where it has lost many customers because of an overly complicated menu and changing tastes, and a defections to fast casual chains like Chipotle Mexican Grill. Apparently, McDonald’s stock rose 3% once investors heard that Thompson was out. We wonder why their confidence rose all of a sudden….SMH.
Queen Latifah Spotted On Brazilian Vacation With Girlfriend Eboni Nichols So much for Latifah switching teams ! Latifah was spotted on the beaches of Rio, wining and dining her latest lady love Eboni Nichols. Via MailOnline : Queen Latifah certainly knows how to get the most of out her vacation. The 44-year-old and her partner Eboni Nichols have been treating themselves in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The pair was seen indulging in one of the town’s top eateries on Monday night before spending Tuesday enjoying some high flying sightseeing the next. The ladies – who have never officially confirmed they are dating but have been seen kissing during another getaway – kicked off their second holiday of the year in style. The next day…Queen Latifah and her partner got to get their heartbeats racing and a bird’s-eye view of Rio. The couple were taken for a spin in a helicopter which flew along the coastline before touching back down in time for lunch. The Queen certainly knows how to treat her lil boo-thangs like royalty. Maybe this one will stick around long enough for Latifah to get that family she wants so badly started…
Meek Mill Speaks On Rumored Naked Photo A number of ladies are currently salivating on Twitter over a rumored photo of Meek Mill’s massive man parts. Nicki Minaj’s boo thang became a part of black Twitter fodder Monday when a girl by the name of @GreatBrittish accused him of “sliding in her DMs” despite his relationship with the superstar. According to the girl, Meek hit her on Instagram… and then took things to the the next level by showing her a picture of his GINORMOUS schlong. SMH… She then blasted Nicki Minaj for dating the “Thot” rapper and claimed that he was trying to “keep her quiet.” Hmmmmmm….juicy story but is it true???? Hit the flip to find out…
56 Year Old Baltimore Woman Does After Giving Birth To Twins This is so sad … Via The Grio reports: Lisa Swinton McLaughlin wanted to have kids for more than 30 years. Last December, she and her husband Mike welcomed twin boys after a decade of trying different fertility treatments and in-vitro procedures, according to the Omaha World-Herald. Just seven days after she gave birth, she died from a bowel obstruction. She had assumed the pain was from the incision from her Cesarian section. “She was just on cloud nine,” her husband, Mike McLaughlin said. “That’s the happiest I’ve probably seen her in my life.” Mike McLaughlin now faces the prospect of raising two boys alone. He has hired a nanny but is also making plans to move to Nebraska closer to his family. At the time of her death, Lisa was the Executive Medical Officer at the American Red Cross in Washington, D.C. Rest in peace to the mother and condolences to her entire family.
Kimbella Says Juelz Santana Hasn’t Seen His Kids In Weeks Last week we revealed video vixen Kimbella and her rapper baby daddy Juelz Santana split following a heated Twitter fight. Well, it looks like the ‘Love & Hip Hop’ star isn’t done unloading on her former boo. Kimbella took to her Twitter account recently to blast Juelz as a deadbeat who doesn’t see his kids! She adds: Juelz has yet to respond to his baby mama’s claims but hinted that the claims might not be true by posting a surprised emoji on Twitter: Do you think Juelz has really been neglecting his kids or is Kimbella just a bitter baby mama?? Hit the flip for more next…
Lil Wayne And Migos Team Up For Amazing Amy Weezy and Migos team up for a new hit… Via XXL reports : While his career with Cash Money records is at a crossroads, Lil Wayne continues to do what he loves to do best, make music. Fresh off his Sorry 4 The Wait 2 mixtape, Weezy ups another freebie in the form of a new track with the Migos titled, “Amazing Amy.” A possible S4TW2 leftover, the new song is produced by Atlanta beat maker London on da Track (“Lifestyle,” “About The Money”) and finds Weezy rapping about his new love over hard bass and heavy-hitting instrumentation. The Migos come through adding their signature flow and adlibs to the track which meshes well with the New Orleans rapper’s ramblings. While Wayne is finally getting off music to his fans, there’s still the matter of the delay of his LP The Carter V which, among other things, seems to be at the root of the beef with Birdman and his parent label Cash Money. After trying to settle their differences, it looks like things are heading to court with Tunechi claiming he is owed $8 million from the Cash Money CEO. In the meantime, expect Wayne slowly drop new music in preparation for TCV‘s release which should be in the coming months, according to Young Money president Mack Maine. Hate it or love it?!?