Tag Archives: daughter

Rihanna’s Dad At It Again: Says He Adores Chris Brown…Wants To See Them Get Married!?!?

RihRih’s dad let the world know he still loves him some Chris Brown. Claiming that “everyone adores Chris” and that he’s a “super guy” in this week’s Life & Style mag, we wonder what kind of father would easily forgive a ‘man’ who assaulted your own daughter. Oh wait, that’s right; Rihanna’s dad has a violent history too. SMH According to Celebuzz: Rihanna‘s father would like his daughter to marry Chris Brown – despite the R&B star beating her up three years ago. Ronald Fenty has more than forgiven the bad boy for his assault and is now hoping he asks for her hand in marriage. “Whatever makes her happy. I hope one day she will get married,” he told Life & Style. “Everyone adores Chris; he’s a super guy.” Why does he have so much love for the star? “The family loved Chris Brown before they even met him,” Fenty continued. “I always thought he was extremely talented. He always gave me great respect.” Rihanna, 24, and Brown, 23, began dating in 2008, but their relationship ended when he brutally assaulted her one year later. However, the two have seemingly rekindled their romance after Brown broke up with girlfriend Karrueche Tran at the beginning of October 2012. Outspoken Fenty has made controversial comments in the past regarding his famous daughter. In addition to speaking out about her love life, he has also passed judgement on her figure. In March 2012, he admitted to Heat magazine he would tell the Bajan beauty if she had put on weight. “I actually thought she was a little fat, the last time I saw her,” he said. “But when I saw her at this year’s Grammy’s, I thought she was back to her normal size. “I used to joke with her, Robyn (Rihanna’s first name ) you’re getting too fat.” Let’s give him the Dad of the Year Award. Nothing better than a father who encourages you to get back with your abuser and triggers your low self-esteem. Images via twitter/WENN

Read this article:
Rihanna’s Dad At It Again: Says He Adores Chris Brown…Wants To See Them Get Married!?!?

Emily Maynard: Miserable, "Dying" in Jef Holm Relationship, Sources Claim

Emily Maynard said her breakup with Jef Holm was “difficult and heartbreaking” in a statement this week. Sources close to The Bachelorette star say it was anything but. “Emily just decided she’d had enough,” a source said, adding that she “was extremely miserable, and at her breaking point” toward the end of the relationship. “She was like ‘I’m dying here, I’m dying here’ … just over it. Enough was enough.” While Bachelorette relationships rarely work out, fans had high hopes for these two, given the apparent depth of their connection. So what went wrong, and so fast? Emily had obvious chemistry with her other two finalists – including current Bachelor -in-waiting Sean Lowe – but opted for Jef with the bigger picture in mind. Yet, a source close to Jef, who Emily Maynard chose over Lowe and Arie Luyendyk Jr. , said his desire to be a father figure to her daughter Ricki deflated over time. “He has no real connection to Ricki … he doesn’t feel close to her,” the source said, adding Jef thought Emily was an absentee parent, often calling her a “bad mom.” In addition, Emily receiving filthy texts from NFL backup Matt Leinart further eroded their love, as did her behavior at an August 4 wedding for a Bachelor staff member. “She was being very flirty,” a guest said, and Jef was “brooding.” An insider said Emily Maynard ‘s “goody-goody Southern Belle” demeanor is just for the cameras: “She flirts with other guys to help her ego. She gets off on it.” Emily, meanwhile, felt Jef wasn’t mature enough to handle a relationship. Whatever their reasons, Emily and Jef split up earlier this month, then gradually laid the foundation for the public announcement of the breakup and confirmed it Tuesday.

See the rest here:
Emily Maynard: Miserable, "Dying" in Jef Holm Relationship, Sources Claim

More Than A Mouthful: Actress Uma Thurman Names Daughter Rosalind Arusha Arkadina Altalune Florence Thurman-Busson

But you can just call her “Luna.” Which is short for “ My mama is a Lunatic for naming me this longwinded isht!” Apparently Uma Thurman’s flair for names is even more outlandish than her ‘Kill Bill’ director’ Quentin Tarentino’s because her third child is toting a load longer than a lil bit. Via US Weekly reports : Three months after giving birth, Uma Thurman has finally revealed her daughter’s name — and it’s as long as the wait! “I would like to announce Uma and Arki’s daughter’s name for the first time officially: Rosalind Arusha Arkadina Altalune Florence Thurman-Busson, better known to family and friends as Luna,” the actress’ rep Gabrielle Kachman tells Us Weekly. Thurman, 42, welcomed daughter Luna with her financier boyfriend, Arpad Busson, 49, on July 15. The actress is also mother to daughter Maya and son Levon with ex-husband Ethan Hawke. “Each name has a special reason and meaning to her mother and father,” Kachman tells Us of Luna’s full name. This is the first child for the Bel Ami star and Busson. The couple began dating in 2007, but called off their engagement in 2009; They reunited in 2011. And you thought Shanequa was bad. SMH. SplashNews

Go here to read the rest:
More Than A Mouthful: Actress Uma Thurman Names Daughter Rosalind Arusha Arkadina Altalune Florence Thurman-Busson

What The Hell?? Cemetery Gives Mourning Mother Wrong Baby’s Body For Burial

Cemetery Gives Mourning Mother Wrong Baby’s Body For Burial A Memphis woman who gave birth to a stillborn baby was forced to endure additional distress when she was given the wrong baby to bury upon arriving at the cemetery. via News One Veronica Miller delivered a stillborn baby at 33 weeks and was given the wrong body to bury by Memphis’ Shelby County Cemetery, reports the Daily Mail. The county cemetery, which is a government-sponsored potter’s field for those who cannot afford the expenses of a burial, was was recommended to Miller by the hospital where she delivered her daughter Malaysia. “The hospital convinced me that this was a wonderful place for babies,” she told WMCTV. Yet when Miller went to visit the burial grounds, she discovered that it was far from what she had been told by hospital personnel. “I wouldn’t bury my dog there,” Miller lamented. “We saw markers that were scattered out, came out the ground. I mean, how would I identify that this is where my baby is at?” The young Mom then made the request to have her child’s body removed from the cemetery and turned over to a funeral director. Smh. That poor woman. Hopefully she was able to find somewhere to lay her baby to rest in peace. Image via Shutterstock

Continued here:
What The Hell?? Cemetery Gives Mourning Mother Wrong Baby’s Body For Burial

EXCLUSIVE: First Look At Poster For Controversial Ken Burns Documentary, ‘The Central Park Five’

New York City officials are already teed off over Ken and Sarah Burns documentary The Central Park Five — but just wait until they see the poster for the headlines-generating film. The stark, black-and-white image simply, effectively — and immediately — communicates the idea that the scales of justice did not work for the five men  who were convicted and later cleared in the racially charged 1989 Central Park jogger case that rocked the city.  As I reported in early October,   lawyers for the city of New York have subpoenaed notes and outtakes from the documentary, which Burns directed with his daughter Sarah Burns and her husband David McMahon, in order to determine whether the material can help them fight a federal civil rights lawsuit that five men filed nine years ago as a result of their experience. (Each of the five men is seeking $50 million.) The documentary, which was shown at the Cannes, Telluride and Toronto film festivals,  scrutinizes the initial convictions of the Central Park Five — Yusef Salaam, Antron McCray, Kevin Richardson, Raymond Santana, and Kharey Wise — noting, for instance that the five men did not appear to be in the area of the park where the rape occurred, that their DNA was not found on the victim and that their confessions did not jibe with one another’s. As I also reported, the filmmakers are fighting the subpoena .  Sarah Burns told me, “We’re not sure the city can subpoena us because we believe we’re protected by the shield laws” that allow journalists to protect their sources and research. In 2009, on the 20th anniversary of the incident, the lawyer for the five men, Jonathan Moore called their experience “the most racist prosecution that occurred in the City of New York. The city maintains that that cops and prosecutors acted appropriately. “We believe that based on the information that the police and prosecutors had at the time, they had probable cause to proceed, and the confessions were sound,”  a city spokeswoman told the New York Times. Follow Frank DiGiacomo on Twitter. Follow Movieline on Twitter.

More:
EXCLUSIVE: First Look At Poster For Controversial Ken Burns Documentary, ‘The Central Park Five’

EXCLUSIVE: First Look At Poster For Controversial Ken Burns Documentary, ‘The Central Park Five’

New York City officials are already teed off over Ken and Sarah Burns documentary The Central Park Five — but just wait until they see the poster for the headlines-generating film. The stark, black-and-white image simply, effectively — and immediately — communicates the idea that the scales of justice did not work for the five men  who were convicted and later cleared in the racially charged 1989 Central Park jogger case that rocked the city.  As I reported in early October,   lawyers for the city of New York have subpoenaed notes and outtakes from the documentary, which Burns directed with his daughter Sarah Burns and her husband David McMahon, in order to determine whether the material can help them fight a federal civil rights lawsuit that five men filed nine years ago as a result of their experience. (Each of the five men is seeking $50 million.) The documentary, which was shown at the Cannes, Telluride and Toronto film festivals,  scrutinizes the initial convictions of the Central Park Five — Yusef Salaam, Antron McCray, Kevin Richardson, Raymond Santana, and Kharey Wise — noting, for instance that the five men did not appear to be in the area of the park where the rape occurred, that their DNA was not found on the victim and that their confessions did not jibe with one another’s. As I also reported, the filmmakers are fighting the subpoena .  Sarah Burns told me, “We’re not sure the city can subpoena us because we believe we’re protected by the shield laws” that allow journalists to protect their sources and research. In 2009, on the 20th anniversary of the incident, the lawyer for the five men, Jonathan Moore called their experience “the most racist prosecution that occurred in the City of New York. The city maintains that that cops and prosecutors acted appropriately. “We believe that based on the information that the police and prosecutors had at the time, they had probable cause to proceed, and the confessions were sound,”  a city spokeswoman told the New York Times. Follow Frank DiGiacomo on Twitter. Follow Movieline on Twitter.

More:
EXCLUSIVE: First Look At Poster For Controversial Ken Burns Documentary, ‘The Central Park Five’

WTF?? Wisconsin State Rep. Roger Rivard Says “Some Girls Rape Easy” In Regards To High School Teenager Sex Abuse Case

This guy…SMFH Wisconsin State Rep. Richard Rivard Makes Offensive Comment About Women’s Rape Via JSOnline A state representative is drawing heat for saying that his father had told him when he was young that “some girls rape easy” as a way to warn him that a woman could agree to sex but then later claim that it wasn’t consensual. Freshman Rep. Roger Rivard (R-Rice Lake) in December discussed a case with the Chetek Alert newspaper in which a 17-year-old high school senior was charged with sexual assault for having sex with an underage girl in the school’s band room. The newspaper quoted him as saying his father warned him, “Some girls rape easy” – meaning that after the fact they can change what they say about whether sex was consensual. On Wednesday, Rivard told the Journal Sentinel that the article did not provide full context of his comments and that his father’s exact words had been slightly different from how they appeared in the Chetek Alert. He told the Journal Sentinel that his father had advised him not to have premarital sex, and he took that seriously. “He also told me one thing, ‘If you do (have premarital sex), just remember, consensual sex can turn into rape in an awful hurry,’ ” Rivard said. “Because all of a sudden a young lady gets pregnant and the parents are madder than a wet hen and she’s not going to say, ‘Oh, yeah, I was part of the program.’ All that she has to say or the parents have to say is it was rape because she’s underage. And he just said, ‘Remember, Roger, if you go down that road, some girls,’ he said, ‘they rape so easy.’ Bruh, we get that some girls have tried to claim a false rape in the past, but surely there is a better way to express that than this.

See the original post:
WTF?? Wisconsin State Rep. Roger Rivard Says “Some Girls Rape Easy” In Regards To High School Teenager Sex Abuse Case

Put On Blast: Author Angela Stanton Reveals That The 18-Year-Old That Deion Sanders Was Chopping Down Is Her Daughter!

What happens in the darkness… Angela Stanton Says Deion Sanders Was Cheating On His Wife With Is Her Daughter Apparently author Angela Stanton is a pro at putting folks on blizzast when they have dirt to hide ( *side-eyes Phaedra Parks* ). Yesterday, Angela hopped on Twitter to expose Deion Sanders as the “womanizing pervert” that his estranged wife, Pilar, has said he is . Stanton claims that the 18-year-old girl that Deion was cheating on Pilar with is her daughter, Aleea. Hit the flipper to see what else Angela had to say on the subject.

See the original post here:
Put On Blast: Author Angela Stanton Reveals That The 18-Year-Old That Deion Sanders Was Chopping Down Is Her Daughter!

Kanye West Raps Quasi Proposal to Kim Kardashian

The rumors are out there – Kim Kardashian wants to get married – and Kanye West isn’t doing anything to rebut them. Quite the opposite, in fact. On the aptly-titled “White Dress” – a single off the soundtrack of RZA’s upcoming martial arts movie, Man with Iron Fists – Kanye raps the line “You the type of girl that probably deserve a new last name.” A bit ambiguous? Yes. But this wouldn’t be the first time Kanye expressed feelings for Kardashian via song. He’s such a romantic! Give the track a listen now:   Kanye West – “White Dress” (Preview)

Read this article:
Kanye West Raps Quasi Proposal to Kim Kardashian

Jessica Ridgeway Case: Unidentified Body Found Where Colorado Girl Disappeared

Colorado police searching for missing Jessica Ridgeway, 10, since last Friday said they have found a body in the vicinity of where the girl went missing. It is not confirmed whether the body belongs to the Colorado youth. The body was found in Pattridge Park Open Space late Wednesday near an abandoned mining shack. Police said the search for the missing girl will resume today. Authorities determined that Ridgeway, a fifth-grader with blond hair, was kidnapped by an unknown suspect on her way to school earlier this month. The only real clue police have revealed thus far is the discovery of a backpack and water bottle that Ridgeway had with her six miles from her home. The multi-agency search for the girl was assisted by a social media push that had #JessicaRidgeway trending on Twitter. Police have received hundreds of tips. On Wednesday, reports say about 25 deputies arrived by bus and fanned out across Jessica’s neighborhood, scouring bushes and front yards. Divers again searched several ponds in what Westminster, Colo., police spokesman Trevor Materasso described as a “precautionary measure.” Police have isolated trash from Ridgeway’s neighborhood at a landfill, but will search there only if the investigation points them in that direction. Critical was an initial delay in reporting Ridgeway missing. Many child abduction cases or Amber Alerts are resolved within hours of a report. Sarah Ridgeway said her daughter woke up at 7:45 a.m. Friday as usual and ate a granola bar before leaving to meet friends at a park about a block away. There, they would meet to walk together to Witt Elementary School. Police say Sarah Ridgeway, a night-shift worker, was asleep and missed a call from school reporting Jessica absent; she got a message eight hours later, at 4 p.m. Sarah Ridgeway checked the park, Ridgeway’s friends and the school before calling police. Ridgeway never even met her friends that morning.

Read the original:
Jessica Ridgeway Case: Unidentified Body Found Where Colorado Girl Disappeared