Tag Archives: news update

Abandoned Dog Gets Rescued, Gets a Haircut, Gets a Fresh Start

Like the story of an abused pit bull rescued by a concerned citizen, we have a new uplifting dog tale to share with readers. Earlier this fall, an extraordinarily shaggy canine was found by Brenda Gough’s husband near the family’s farm in Ontario. It was so scared and so heavily matted that the poor creature could barely walk. So Gough quickly brought the pooch to the Park Road Veterinary Clinic where she works. Abadoned Dog Gets Fresh Start Once there, the dog was named Shrek (“out of endearment,” the clinic wrote on Facebook. “The irony of him being found near a pond… how he will go from shy and afraid to loved and comforted with a family.”) and he was given a massive makeover. According to the clinic, 3.5 pounds of hair was shaved off, an incredible transformation depicted here: “He is still terrified and nervous,” Gough told Metro. “But looking for human contact, and learning all about love.” Three days after Shrek was discovered, he was interacting with other dogs and permitting people to cradle him. “He’s a special little guy with a huge fan club,” Gough told Metro, referring to all on Facebook who have shared Shrek’s story. “The outpouring of support from around the world has raised my faith in humanity.”

Originally posted here:
Abandoned Dog Gets Rescued, Gets a Haircut, Gets a Fresh Start

Miley Cyrus Announes 2014 Bangerz Tour

Stick out your tongues and shake your rear end, Miley Cyrus fans. The singer may be coming to a city near you! The 20-year old crashed Edward Norton’s Saturday Night Live monologue yesterday and announced to the world that she’s scheduled to hit the road early next year in promotion of her album Bangerz . “Really quick, I’d just like to announce to all of my fans that I am about to be going on tour,” Cyrus said alongside the actor, giving Norton advice on how to host the show and later adding via Twitter: “I’m gooooing on tooooooour!! #Bangerz2014Tour. #Drinkinouttavasesamirightttt #celebrate #Bangerztour2014.” Miley, of course, hosted SNL herself a few weeks ago, mocking the government shutdown and pretending to make a sex tape during her time in charge. She is yet to release any dates or locales for her 2014 tour.

Read this article:
Miley Cyrus Announes 2014 Bangerz Tour

Fleetwood Mac Cancels Tour; John McVie Diagnosed With Cancer

Fleetwood Mac will be taking some time off following the sad news that bassist John McVie, 67, has been diagnosed with cancer and will receive treatment. The famous band announced on their official Facebook page Sunday that they will be canceling their upcoming 14 shows in Australia and New Zealand. The band said in a statement confirming the tour dates’ cancelation: “John McVie, one of the co-founding and original members of Fleetwood Mac is now scheduled to be in treatment for cancer during that period of time.” “We hope our Australian and New Zealand fans as well as Fleetwood Mac fans everywhere will join us in wishing John and his family all the best.” “We are sorry to not be able to play these dates.” Fleetwood Mac , comprised of McVie, Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham and Mick Fleetwood, recently wrapped up their successful European tour. The band’s New Zealand and Australia shows were originally scheduled through December 7, with a performance also set for Las Vegas on December 30. We wish John a fast and full recovery.

See the rest here:
Fleetwood Mac Cancels Tour; John McVie Diagnosed With Cancer

Jon Cryer’s Ex-Wife Wants More Child Support, Says Son Isn’t as Rich as Peers

Jon Cryer’s former wife claims their 13-year-old son is the object of ridicule at his exclusive private school because the other kids have a more lavish lifestyle. As a result, she’d like the actor to cough up another $88,000. A month. Sarah Trigger has been getting $8,000 a month in support since 2010, while Jon’s the second highest-paid actor on TV thanks to Two and a Half Men. That fact is almost more upsetting than what Sarah claims about life. According to Jon’s ex, teenager Charlie can’t afford ritzy summer camps, exotic vacations, huge birthday parties with the “entire grade” invited … nothing. “Last year there were multiple Bar Mitzvahs and Bat Mitzvahs all with custom invitations, a dress code and huge private receptions afterward,” Trigger says. Sarah says Charlie is feeling the pain of exclusion , and so is she. As for how she arrived at that sum, Sarah says when she got child support back in 2010, she only had custody 4 percent of the time … 1-2 days a month. That’s why she only got $8,000. Now that she has custody 50 percent of the time, she wants a raise to $88,969, which sounds like a silly high total.  It’s just over $1 million annually, and Jon makes 10-20 times that, so not a huge deal in terms of pure financials for an actor who has a vast fortune. Sarah’s reasoning, however, is enough to make your head explode.

Read the rest here:
Jon Cryer’s Ex-Wife Wants More Child Support, Says Son Isn’t as Rich as Peers

Lotus Birthing Trend: All-Natural or Really Odd?

A cute baby, brand new and squishy, ready for cuddles and having its head sniffed rests in a bassinet making tiny baby grunts and coos. The bag containing the newborn’s placenta is nearby! Wait, what? Yes, this is a real thing which people do. Lotus birthing, as it’s called, is the practice of leaving a baby’s umbilical cord and placenta attached until it falls off on its own, sometimes taking up to 10 days after birth. Lotus Birthing: All-Natural or Really Strange? Lotus birthing is a trend which is gaining ground among those seeking all-natural birth experiences. The practice, also called umbilical cord non-severance, was popular with early western European settlers in America. The 1980s saw a resurgence of this trend, particularly among mothers who delivered their babies at home, and gave the trend the name “Lotus birth” to honor the link between the “preciousness of the placenta and the high esteem in which the Lotus is held in Hindu and Buddhist faiths.” Many doctors maintain that there is no medically sound reason for leaving the placenta attached and furthermore believe that it can cause illness which can lead to infant death. The placenta is dead tissue which begins to rot after it leaves the mother’s body and begins to dry out. Proponents of the practice maintain otherwise, citing it as a gentle experience which allows the newborn to receive maximum transfer of placental benefit. They believe that keeping the placenta allows for a more relaxed transition to the unknown world for newborn babies. Tell us, THGers: What do YOU think of the Lotus birth trend?   All-natural and awesome! Nope. No way. No. Meh. To each her own. View Poll »

See more here:
Lotus Birthing Trend: All-Natural or Really Odd?

Demi Lovato Threatens Kanye West!

The congratulatory messages keep coming in for Kanye West and Kim Kardashian . Kris Jenner has welcomed Kanye to the family, Khloe Kardashian has wondered if she’s “dreaming” since the proposal took place on Monday and Kylie Jenner just can’t stop crying . But Demi Lovato had a very different reaction when she heard of the Kimye engagement: she threatened the male half of this couple! For real! Sort of! Watch now to see Demi tell Kanye that he better treat Kim well: Demi Lovato Issues Threat Against Kanye West Pretty sweet, no? If Kim and Kanye ever need a babysitter for North West because all 27 of their nannies call in sick they now know who to call.

Continue reading here:
Demi Lovato Threatens Kanye West!

Julie Sondra Decker Discusses Being Asexual, Is Told She "Needs A Good Raping"

Julie Sondra Decker, a 35 year old woman from Tampa, Florida, calls herself asexual . People tell her she just “needs a good raping” in order to find her missing libido. Screeeeeeeeeeeeech!!!! Yeah. That’s what we said, too. Miss Decker, who lives alone in her two-bedroom apartment, has no interest in dating, sex, or finding another asexual with whom to share her life. Over the years she’s had more offers of sex than she “wants to count” but feels that “without the feelings that usually go with that sort of thing, it’s kind of gross.” Decker has known she was asexual since she was 15 years old. Her parents and family believed her to be a closeted lesbian and even went so far as to take her to doctors when she didn’t show “normal” interest in either the same or opposite sex.  Once given the all-clear from physicians, she went on to attend the University of Florida where she graduated in 2000 with degrees in Elementary Education and Psychology.  Despite the fact that she lives an openly asexual life, friends, particularly male friends, still try to “fix” her by kissing her against her will and insisting that one day she will “wake up.” Since opening up online about her asexual life, she’s received death threats and multiple comments that what she really needs is a “good raping.” Miss Decker hopes to raise awareness about asexuality by being openly writing and speaking about her life. “I’m not damaged, lonely, or in need of conversion because I’m not interested [in sex].” “As far as I can tell, I’ll be happy being single my whole life,” says Decker. Who can argue with that?

Continue reading here:
Julie Sondra Decker Discusses Being Asexual, Is Told She "Needs A Good Raping"

Throwback Thursday: Best Father-Daughter Dance Ever!

In honor of Throwback Thursday, and parents and their kids coming of age everywhere, we present a great father-daughter dance at a Bat Mitzvah last April. The special dance on Jessica Hanley’s big day started with a simple dance to The Temptations’ “My Girl,” but quickly evolved into much, much more. Mike Hanley and his daughter busted out an awesomely choreographed, five-minute routine that spread virally from Mansfield, Mass., across the nation. Watch them get down to Madonna, LMFAO, Soulja Boy, the Jackson 5, Lady Gaga, Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock, Flo Rida, Taio Cruz, Outkast, Miley Cyrus, 50 Cent and more! Best Father-Daughter Dance Ever

Read the rest here:
Throwback Thursday: Best Father-Daughter Dance Ever!

Jennifer Lawrence Dior Photos: No Makeup, All Flawless

Jennifer Lawrence is gorgeous and flawless in new campaign photos for Dior, with her stunningly real looks more evident than ever in minimal makeup. Featured in the fall-winter issue of Dior magazine, the 23-year-old can be seen in several black-and-white photos by photographer Mikael Jansson: The Catching Fire actress models fitted menswear-inspired blazers, trousers and winter coats, showcasing her enviable figure and natural beauty. Lawrence hasn’t always been confident in her own skin. She told Harper’s Bazaar UK that she was criticized for her weight when she was younger. “It was just the kind of s–t that actresses go through. Somebody told me I was fat, that I was going to get fired if I didn’t lose a certain amount of weight,” she shared. The actress said she was shown Jennifer Lawrence pictures in which she was “basically naked” and “told to use them as motivation for my diet.” Safe to say she doesn’t need to change in the least … Even though she’s an Oscar-winning actress now, Jennifer told the magazine that the remarks still hurt her, but she’s finally able to stand up for herself. “[Someone brought it up recently.] They thought that because of the way my career had gone, it wouldn’t still hurt me. That somehow, after I won an Oscar, I’m above it all,” she said. “‘You really still care about that?’ Yeah. I was a little girl. I was hurt.” “It doesn’t matter what accolades you get. I know it’ll never happen to me again. If anybody even tries to whisper the word ‘diet,’ I’m like, ‘You can go f–k yourself.'” Amen, Jen. Amen.

View original post here:
Jennifer Lawrence Dior Photos: No Makeup, All Flawless

Man Calls in Bomb Threat After Forgetting to Book Wedding Venue

On the list of things that will land you in a world of trouble with your would-be wife, forgetting to book the venue for your wedding is pretty high up there. So you can imagine how Neil McArdle felt when he realized he’d forgotten to reserve St. George’s Hall for his nuptials to Amy Williams until the day of. What you probably can’t imagine is that McArdle staged a bomb threat instead of coming clean, later admitting he was just too embarrassed to confess. He saw her in her wedding gown that morning, the UK resident recalls, and could not bring himself to admit that he screwed up. So he phoned in a hoax: Man Forgets to Book Wedding Venue, Calls in Bomb Threat An investigation led to his arrest, so he’s apparently about as bad at crime as he is at wedding planning. Neil was given a prison sentence of a YEAR. The Guardian says the couple is still together, miraculously, so hopefully he finds some time behind bars to properly plan their wedding, when and if it occurs. On second thought, just hire a wedding planner dude.

Read more here:
Man Calls in Bomb Threat After Forgetting to Book Wedding Venue