Rhode Island’s most famous DJ and rap’s biggest gangsta, together at last. Pauly D is close to joining forces with G-Unit, 50 Cent’s label, as 50 desperately wants to sign the Jersey Shore star and has offered a three-album deal. In a sign of the apocalypse – but not one you can really get upset about ’cause c’mon, who doesn’t love Pauly D – the two sides are nearing a contract . The Jersey Shore pimp/DJ met with Fiddy and his people in NYC last week, where they discussed the lucrative record deal and a Pauly D merchandise line. Specifically, Pauly D-brand headphones, obviously. Nothing’s signed yet,but according to sources, 50 wants to hammer out the deal ASAP before Pauly jets off to shoot Jersey Shore Season 4 in Italy . Talks have become so serious, 50 and Pauly have even started to kick around ideas for other artists he and Pauly can collaborate with. Any ideas?
After decades of influencing Miami’s young to “pop that thang baby!” Luther “Uncle Luke” Campbell is making good on previous comments that he’d consider running for Mayor of Miami. Campbell is one of nearly a dozen people who indicated they want to be Miami-Dade’s next mayor by filing the necessary paperwork to be placed on the May 24th special election ballot. The mayoral seat was left vacant after a March 15 recall election where 88 percent of voters said then Mayor Carlos Alvarez should be removed from office. The deadline to file was 5 p.m. Tuesday April 12th. According to CBS reports : Before filing his paperwork, Campbell addressed a group in Miami Beach. “My major hurdle is people taking me seriously, a lot of people think this is a joke,” Campbell told the crowd who swore he’s serious about the mayor’s job. “I call it a banana republic and I’m serious about it. You look at the commission and they make their own rules as they go, regardless of what the county attorney says, they make their own rules, just do what they want. They have no respect for the people.” Hmmm… “they make their own rules, just do what they want.” Sounds like someone else we know! Here’s an excerpt from a press release Campbell issued yesterday: Although many ask if he is serious, there is nothing funny about the issues that Miami-Dade County faces and Luther Campbell is extremely serious about the revitalization of Miami-Dade County. His platform focuses on four important issues: Economic Development, Public Safety, Community Revitalization and Affordable Housing. Campbell believes that Miami-Dade County government has a responsibility to ensure that every citizen has access to safe and affordable housing. He believes that it is important to restore public trust, build stronger bonds between law enforcement and community and enhance current public safety and crime prevention programs. Additionally, in order to promote economic development, Campbell supports responsible growth and development, small business expansion, attraction of new businesses, generating new revenue sources for our county and job creation. Finally, if elected, Campbell will take the opportunity to enrich our landscape by refocusing, restructuring and rebuilding to achieve the ‘highest and best use’ of our commercial and residential resources by enhancing the “look and feel” of our neighborhoods and improving the visual impression of our county and instilling a sense of community and neighborhood pride. If elected, will Luther Campbell be remembered for “Changin’ The Game”? Or will he leave the people of Miami-Dade “Scarred”??? Would you vote for Luke Skywalker?
Dutch trance music star also releasing ‘ASOT 500’ limited edition apparel line to commemorate 10 years of his popular radio broadcast. By Akshay Bhansali Armin Van Buuren Photo: MTV News After rocking Johannesburg in South Africa, Miami , Buenos Aires and his native Netherlands at Den Bosch, trance music superstar Armin van Buuren will round out his all-star-DJ-five-events-over-five-weeks-on-five-continents celebration of the 500th episode of his popular weekly radio show “A State of Trance” in Sydney, Australia. The commemorating series, known to 15 million show listeners in 26 countries around the world as ASOT500, warps up this Saturday at Sydney’s Acer Arena. Van Buuren, one of dance music’s most iconic DJ/producers, is certainly pleased at the scope of the globe-spanning endeavor. But what has the world’s #1 DJ , as voted by fans four years in a row in DJ Mag ‘s highly coveted annual Top 100 DJ poll, particularly proud is the sense of community he’s found with the high-caliber DJs that participated in his ASOT500 celebration. “I asked the listeners back in September of last year which DJs they wanted to see,” van Buuren told MTV News. “So I had a poll on my website and we got over 25,000 reactions, and I basically approached the DJs from the top of that list. It’s the cream of the crop, and I’m really proud because it shows you this community wants to work together, which for me is the biggest thing. This scene can only grow if we work together. That’s the idea behind ‘A State of Trance 500.’ ” Indeed, the long list of contributing DJs for ASOT 500’s festivities is star studded: Lange, Markus Schulz, Gareth Emery, ATB, Ferry Corsten, Sander van Doorn , Above and Beyond and Cosmic Gate are but a small few of the supporting acts. At Den Bosch alone, ASOT 500 boasted five rooms, each with more than seven performances over sometimes more than nine hours. It makes sense then that the video for the festivities’ theme song, a van Buuren-produced (under the name Gaia) tune titled “Status Excessu D” (Latin for “A State of Trance 500”), features five outer-space mascots planting flags in five countries, uniting the world in one giant trance music groove. So when it came time for van Buuren to release his first apparel line — the DJ/producer recently signed a multiyear clothing and footwear deal with Quick Sports International — naturally his affable space cadets presented themselves front and center. “The first batch of clothing that we will release are for A State of Trance episode 500,” van Buuren said. “[With five events on five continents] we have the five puppets, they are the mascots of the five events. Like the space cadets. And in the video [for ‘Excessu D’], you see the five puppets coming from outer space and connecting the world globally. The world has become one big dance floor.” “All DJs unite for a state of trance,” he continued, “and it’s not about the brand, A State of Trance. It’s so much more about the trance family feeling. Celebrate trance, and share it with the community out there.” For now, van Buuren’s putting out this limited-edition ASOT500 “Q by Armin van Buuren” offering of white, black and gray shirts and footwear, a collection he designed based on what the superstar DJ normally wears to “club.” But he intends to release subsequent collections of clothing, for men and women (his wife has also taken on designer duties), with “On the Beach” and “In the Club,” the names of the two discs that make up his latest release, A State of Trance 2011, in mind. “When you go on holiday, you have to go to all of these stores to get your swimming shorts, to get your sunglasses, to get your T-shirts. It takes a lot of time, so I told the guys from Quick, I’m thinking about the people that like trance. I’m thinking about my fans. What they would like would be to have a one-stop shop for women and for men.” A State of Trance 500 broadcasts live this Saturday from Sydney, featuring van Buuren, Alex M.O.R.P.H., Aly & Fila, Menno de Jong, Shogun and tyDi. For more on this event and “Q by Armin van Buuren” gear, visit AStateOfTrance.com .
James Franco’s ambitious scientist appears to have doomed mankind. By Terri Schwartz James Franco in “Rise of the Planet of the Apes” Photo: 20th Century Fox There’s still another four months until the apes take over humanity, but the first real glimpse at “Rise of the Planet of the Apes” provides a chilling look at the suspenseful flick to come. This teaser of the prequel to the “Planet of the Apes” films certainly makes us feel like our days are numbered, thanks to James Franco and his team of scientists. Here’s a look at the trailer’s five key moments as we count down the days until August 5. Caesar Is Chosen Franco plays central character Will Rodman, who thinks he has found the cure to Alzheimer’s and is looking to test it on one of his lab’s many apes. He ends up settling on Caesar, an ape who shows the ability for functional thought more than the others he has at his disposal. But things don’t go according to plan. Watch Out, Tom Felton Caesar’s mental processes start developing quickly, and soon he escapes after he learns to build a tool to unlock his cage. With these advanced apes set loose on the world, no one is safe, especially not “Harry Potter” star Tom Felton! In our first and only glimpse of him in the trailer, Felton stands outside as an ape sneaks by on the roof behind him. Freida Pinto and James Franco Need to Boost Security An ape (maybe Caesar) stands over the bed doctor power couple Franco and Pinto Pinto are sleeping in. They should probably padlock their doors, because when simian creatures taking over the world, it’s doubtful that they feel charitable toward the people who were experimenting on them. The Apes Are Loose! As we teased earlier, the main focus on the trailer for “Rise of the Planet of the Apes” is the sense of foreboding as the mutated apes take over Earth. Our favorite of these shots shows David Oyelowo standing in an office building with hundreds of apes looking down from the upper floors. They might not be humans, as the trailer warns, but they sure do look threatening. Visual Effects On Display The final shot in this first trailer is the same as the one in Wednesday’s teaser , and for good reason. The apes look fantastic, thanks in large part to “Avatar” special-effects company Weta Digital. Caesar looks more realistic than any CGI simian we have seen in the past, and that’s the clincher for making “Rise of the Planet of the Apes” rise above its series predecessors. For breaking news, celebrity columns, humor and more — updated around the clock — visit MTVMoviesBlog.com . Related Photos ‘Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes’ Trailer’s Five Key Moments
Justin Bieber has reportedly announced that, he is taking a break for some time from twitter. He is currently in Israel on his world tour. Justin Bieber, the teen heart-throb, told to his fans that, he will not be available on twitter for some time, as he is taking break to spend with his family. He has already got 8 million followers on his twitter account. He is planning his performance at a concert in Tel Aviv on April 14. According to the sources, he told his fans that, he is very much frustrated of the paparazzi, as they always be around him and do not respect his privacy. He added that, he wants to visit the country and see all the places of the holy land. He wants to visit the holy sites along with his family. Justin on his twitter said that, it is the dream for the people to visit the holy land and they wait for the opportunity whole life. He also said that, one could not be happy being in the hotel for a week. He also faced the similar situation, where the hotel he was staying was surrounded by a mob of fans and he was warned to stay back in hotel and also asked him not even to appear in the balcony of his hotel. In Israel, the problem is not with the fans, it is because of the paparazzi, though some of the media people were good to leave him, but some do not respect his privacy. The rest is here: Justin Bieber Takes a Break from Twitter
Camel was interviewed by his best bud, Gwyneth Paltrow , and when asked how he “got so cool”…he states that it’s the women in his life: Jay-Z knows many people think he leads a dream lifestyle thanks to his music and business career and successful marriage and says a lot of that is down to the people he surrounds himself with. “I’m around great women, starting with my mom,” he replied, when asked how he remains so cool. “Women keep men cool. The hotter the chick the cooler the guy… that sounds like a really bad rap line!” Jay-Z made the comment while being interviews by Gwyneth Paltrow for her website GOOP’s newsletter. The musician is promoting his new website Life + Times, which he’s using to draw attention to new developments in art, design, music, sport and leisure. He’s proud of the site, explaining only items which “pique his interest” will be included on it. It’s taken him a long time to develop and he hopes it will be inspiring for his fans. “I started working on it in its various incarnations over a year ago. I’ve thought about it forever. You know how it works, seeing other sites and being either inspired or saying, ‘That’s sh*t. I would do it like…’” he explained. “I think it’s every human’s job to inspire others, to feed one another’s senses. Inspiration begets inspiration times infinity. Imagine if the person that was inspired to create the phonograph didn’t share it with the world.” Source
Via an email from MoveOn.org: So far, more than 30,000 people are participating in a rolling fast to protest the immoral budget cuts Republicans are pushing in Washington. We never imagined this would spread so far, so quickly. In fact, … Continue reading → Broadcasting platform : YouTube Source : The Political Carnival Discovery Date : 13/04/2011 00:03 Number of articles : 2
“Who is John Galt’” On the week Atlas Shrugged Part 1 hits the theaters, Reason.tv goes behind the scenes to speak with the people both on and off the silver screen to explore the mysterious question that haunts the world of Ayn Rand’s epic, Atlas Shrugged. Produced by Hawk Jensen, Senior Producer Ted Balaker, Camera by Alex Broadcasting platform : YouTube Source : Big Government Discovery Date : 11/04/2011 21:00 Number of articles : 2
‘So far, some of our oldest contestants have been at the top of the leader board,’ the Disney star tells MTV News. By Kelley L. Carter Chelsea Kane Photo: MTV News LOS ANGELES — Age ain’t nothing but a number for Chelsea Kane. The 22-year-old Disney star and current “Dancing With the Stars” contestant is paired up with 24-year-old Mark Ballas, which makes the pair among the youngest on the show this season. But taking a look at how the scoring has been going so far, Kane points out, that means nothing. “Sometimes I feel like it’s a disadvantage, in the sense where I think people automatically assume because we’re younger that we’re going to pick up the choreography easier and that we have this upper hand in the competition,” Kane told MTV News of her age. “Which I don’t think is the case at all. We’re three dances in, and so far some of our oldest contestants have been at the top of the leader board. I don’t think anything can prepare you for this experience.” So that’s the downside to being younger. The upside? Kane laughs that she and Ballas can exist off of little sleep. “The nice part is that I feel like we’re able to go with less sleep, and we like to go out and still have fun and we don’t have families or anything to worry about yet! So that’s the advantage. We get to enjoy this,” she said, laughing. When MTV News caught up with the pair at their rehearsal for Monday night’s (April 11) dance, we asked them to so size up their competition. The front-runner they’re most worried about is Ralph Macchio, who is 49. “I feel like Ralph is really going to be a challenge, just because he works so hard,” Kane said. “Every time we come to the studio, he’s been here all day, takes no breaks, whereas Mark and I are in the kitchen eating Ralph’s anniversary cake that he had dropped off. We’re so bad!” Do you think being young is an advantage on “Dancing With the Stars”? Let us know in the comments!