Tag Archives: police

Nicki Minaj Calls Cops on Alleged Hotel Attacker

Nicki Minaj says she was struck in the face by a male acquaintance yesterday. But the artist does not want to press any charges. Here’s what went down: Minaj and an unidentified man were allegedly arguing poolside at the Palomar Hotel in Dallas. As the verbal sparring intensified, the man left for his hotel room, the singer told an employee to call the cops and then she followed the man back inside. Once there, she says he hit her in the lower lip. When the police arrived, Minaj explained what happened but said she did not want to press charges. She added that the opponent was not her boyfriend. Nicki faced a very different kind of tragedy earlier this month: her cousin was murdered . [Photo: WENN.com]

Follow this link:
Nicki Minaj Calls Cops on Alleged Hotel Attacker

Paris Hilton’s stalker arrested outside of her Malibu beach house.

http://www.youtube.com/v/8LzmjwoPCwY?f=user_uploads&app=youtube_gdata

A man accused of stalking Paris Hilton and her ex-boyfriend Cy Waits was charged with violating a court-issued “stay-way” order. James Rainford was arrested outside of Paris’ Malibu home on the Fourth of July after being recognized by paparazzi who called the police.

Follow this link:

Paris Hilton’s stalker arrested outside of her Malibu beach house.

Linda Chung Picture

“I met with something good today. “After waiting a long time for a taxi, a police van drove past and they gave me a ride home,” said Chung in a micro blog post on Thursday, thanking the police officers for their generosity. Hong Kong actress Linda Chung was criticized by netizens of wasting taxpayers#39; money, after she wrote about taking a ride home in a police van in her micro blog, reported Hong Kong media. Soon after, netizens began accusing Chung of wasting taxpayers#39; money by gettin

View post:
Linda Chung Picture

‘Transformers 3’ Box Office: How High Can It Go?

‘Dark of the Moon’ might not make as much as ‘Revenge of the Fallen,’ but that doesn’t make it a failure. By Eric Ditzian Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in “Transformers: Dark of the Moon” Photo: Paramount Pictures Last month, “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” corralled $92.2 million over its opening weekend — the highest total of 2011. How could Jack Sparrow possibly complain? Well, that lofty sum was still well below the openings of both 2006’s “Dead Man’s Chest” ($135.6 million) and 2007’s “At World’s End” ($114.7). The fact is, even the most robust of movie franchises tend to wane in terms of box-office bucks; the familiar pattern is a first film that sets the stage, a second installment that cashes in on the anticipation and then subsequent offerings that can’t continue the upward trend. Such is the case with “Transformers.” There’s much to celebrate with “Dark of the Moon,” which enjoyed a first-day gross on Wednesday of $42.5 million (when you count midnight screenings), beating the first-day pull of “On Stranger Tides” (a Friday release, no less). That puts the third “Transformers” film on track for a seven-day debut of as much as $200 million or more. So why might Optimus Prime be dissatisfied with that opening? “Revenge of the Fallen” opened to $62 million on a Wednesday in 2009, on its way to a one-week total of almost $240 million. Yet any dissatisfaction must be tempered with historical box-office perspective. “The fact that ‘T3’ didn’t measure up to ‘T2’ isn’t really a surprise, as the fatigue factor finally caught up to the franchise,” said Jeff Bock, box-office analyst for Exhibitor Relations. “This is the case for most films series as they reach the threequel. Plus, it didn’t help ‘Transformers’ that the second film was, for the most part, trashed by critics, fans and even the filmmakers.” While “Dark of the Moon” is off to a comparatively slow start, some industry observers believe it could pick up over the holiday weekend. “Everything we’re seeing on Facebook and Twitter indicates that word-of-mouth is extremely positive,” said Phil Contrino, editor of Boxoffice.com. “It’s still a bit early to rush to judgment on how well this is going to hold up over the holiday frame. It could explode in a big way over the weekend.” Perhaps. Or not. There’s no doubt the franchise took a public-opinion hit after the second film. And while the third one offers perhaps the finest use of 3-D since “Avatar,” it comes at a time when audiences are battling back against a host of shoddy 3-D offerings by simply not paying the extra bucks for another dimension. “Dark of the Moon” is a victim of the three-dimensional failings of “Clash of the Titans.” At the same time, we can’t ignore the worldwide situation. Globally, “Dark of the Moon” might well eclipse the $836 million total of “Revenge of the Fallen” (just as “On Stranger Tides” could end up being the biggest “Pirates” flick when international grosses are factored in). Thus, Optimus rejoices! So where does all this leave “Transformers” going forward? Both star Shia LaBeouf and director Michael Bay have declared, in no uncertain terms, that they plan to end their involvement with the series after three films. Both creatively and financially, that might not be such a bad thing. “This franchise needs new blood and a new angle going forward,” Bock said, going on to suggest the fourth film needs to leave the familiar environs of Earth behind and deeply explore the robot alien’s home planet. “Maybe a trip to Cybertron will be the spark ‘Transformers 4’ needs. Don’t bring it to us, we’ll come to you! But we will likely have to wait three to four years.” Check out everything we’ve got on “Transformers: Dark of the Moon.” For breaking news, celebrity columns, humor and more — updated around the clock — visit MTVMoviesBlog.com . Related Videos MTV Rough Cut: ‘Transformers: Dark Of The Moon’ Related Photos ‘Transformers: Dark Of The Moon’ Crashes Into New York City

See the rest here:
‘Transformers 3’ Box Office: How High Can It Go?

Pete Rock Says Police Hit His Wife During Post-Party Melee

NYPD commissioner tells MTV News that officers ‘used appropriate force’ when breaking up the Smif-N-Wessun album-release party Tuesday. By Rob Markman Pete Rock Photo: MTV News What was supposed to be a week of celebration for hip-hop group Smif-N-Wessun and veteran producer Pete Rock turned violently wrong on Tuesday after cops busted up their Monumental album-release party in New York City. Concertgoers were attacked by cops, and for Rock, the drama hit especially close to home as police struck his wife and stepdaughter, he told MTV News on Thursday (June 30). “We were coming out and someone was screaming, ‘Yo, Pete, your wife, your wife.’ So I ran out to make sure they were OK and to make sure the cop would stop hitting them,” the Mount Vernon, New York, hitmaker told MTV News. “My stepdaughter said the cop was hitting her leg and she jumped in the way for her mother, which is my wife, to take the hits. And then my cameraman tried to jump in front of her, to take her hits. I was going bananas.” A press release issued Thursday by the group stated that 30 minutes after “a minor argument” that “eventually was defused by the bouncers,” approximately 15 to 20 uniformed police officers from the 7th Precinct in downtown Manhattan arrived at Tammany Hall. “The officers then hurried into the club and began macing and assaulting individuals inside the club, dragging one of them out and pummeling him directly in front of the club,” the press release said. The group’s attorney, Kenneth Montgomery, who was present at the concert, said the police “behavior was unjustified, unprovoked, and simply barbaric considering there was no provocation.” When MTV News reached out to the NYPD for comment, we received this statement from Police Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly: “Police officers had every right to defend themselves against individuals assaulting them, and used appropriate force in doing so. They also protected civilians who were being pelted with bottles at the outset, as they responded to the location at the request of the club’s own security.” Various portions of the incident were captured on film by bystanders, who recorded the melee on their cell phones and video cameras and uploaded footage to YouTube and other social-networking sites. Tek and Steele (the two members of Smif-N-Wessun) and Rock weren’t harmed physically, but for the producer, who witnessed his wife and stepdaughter being assaulted by police, it was difficult to exercise restraint. “I have to say that I’m very proud of myself that I held every bit of anger I had inside when that was happening,” he said. “I’m very proud of myself.”

Go here to see the original:
Pete Rock Says Police Hit His Wife During Post-Party Melee

Phoebe Hui’s photo leak

Go here to read the rest:
Phoebe Hui’s photo leak

Catch Fade: San Diego Teen VS San Diego Police On Roof! [Video]

What If This Kid Was Black?? A San Diego Teen Fights With Police On The Roof In San Diego!

The rest is here:
Catch Fade: San Diego Teen VS San Diego Police On Roof! [Video]

My name is Mikaela and this is my experience with Justin Bieber,…

My name is Mikaela and this is my experience with Justin Bieber, one memory I will not forget. Tuesday, June 22nd my friends and I woke up at 3am and took a 4 o’clock train into Grand Central Station in Manhattan. When we got to Grand Central approximately at 4:50am, we sprinted to Macy’s to wait in line to buy Justin’s package to meet him. We thought we were never going to be in the first 350 people that could meet him. When we got to the line the police told us there were about 136 people there at the time. (not including parents) We were jumping of joy and started to make friends in line. Soon after the people that work at Macy’s came around with passes with numbers on it to see how many people are in the line to show if you are able to buy the package or not. My number was 190. That is my new lucky number. Once we got that passes, we new we were in the 350 people to meet our idol. We bursted out into tears! Then we had to go back on June 23rd , we woke up at 7:00. We got to Macy’s at 1:30pm and waited in line to meet him. While waiting in line on the 8th floor of Macy’s, outside their were millions of fans screaming for Justin to come out. We couldn’t see him yet but he came on the mic and was talk. Suddenly my heart dropped. The line moved faster and faster as i started to feel butterflies take over. My friends and I while waiting in line, saw Adam Braun , Scooter’s brother. We called him over and talked to him! He was super nice! Finally it was our turn. We turned the corner, by the curtain and saw Justin Bieber! My stomach dropped and I continued walking closer and closer to the stage. As I was walking up to the stage I saw Allison. She was so sweet and told us to calm down so we can look good in our ONE photo we get with him. NO MESS UPS! I walked up to Justin and said, “Hi Justin!” He replied and said, “Hey cutie! Thank you for coming!” I walked to him, put my arm around him as he put his arm on my shoulder and snapped a photo. After he looked at me and said, “Cutie, cutie.. calm down its okay!” I was shaking so much, then he said bye! I said, “Bye I love you!!!” and he said, “I love you too!” I ran off stage crying and as I looked up, I saw paparazzi snapping photos of me. Then I saw his mom. I heard her say, “LOOK AT HER! AWWW” I didn’t know where to go and I tapped Scooter and he said keep walking that way and pointed.  I  went to go pick up my photo at the booth. When I got my photo, I started bawling. My body couldn’t stop shaking. I will never say never, again. Thank you, Mikaela Lonigro See the article here: My name is Mikaela and this is my experience with Justin Bieber,…

The rest is here:
My name is Mikaela and this is my experience with Justin Bieber,…

Obama’s Talban Peace Partners Send Husband and Wife Suicide Team to Blow Up Police Station

http://www.youtube.com/v/xp-hBoA3RT4

Follow this link:

Taliban uses husband and wife suicide bombers to kill 10 people at a police station in northwestern Pakistan. The AP reported: The Pakistani Taliban said Sunday the group had sent a husband and wife suicide squad to carry out an … Continue reading → Broadcasting platform : YouTube Source : Gateway Pundit Discovery Date : 26/06/2011 15:26 Number of articles : 2

Obama’s Talban Peace Partners Send Husband and Wife Suicide Team to Blow Up Police Station

Jesus Take The Wheel: Eight Suspects In Custody After Brutal Beating Of Teen In South Carolina

Eight teens are in custody (7 of which are juveniles) for brutally attacking another teen in South Carolina: All eight suspects are in custody after a brutal attack in Five Points early Monday morning which left the teenage victim in critical condition, according to Columbia police. Columbia Police Department spokeswoman Jennifer Timmons said 19-year-old Thyeem Henrey was charged with second degree assault and battery by mob, common law robbery, and criminal conspiracy. He appeared in court Friday afternoon where the judge set bond at $750,000. That bond does not allow Henrey’s release upon posting only 10%, which is sometimes permitted by the court. At his first court appearance on the latest charges against him, Henrey gave no indication what might have led to Monday morning’s savage assault. But he cried as the frustrations of the victim’s parents boiled over. “I’m having to give you my right to judge whether he deserves freedom or not,” said Strange’s mother Vicki. “That’s hard for me. But since Carter didn’t fight against them eight Sunday, I’m going to fight for him now. I’m going to fight for him until my last breath.” “I pray that you get your life right,” said Strange’s father John. “Find God. If you pray for forgiveness, he will forgive you. I don’t have that in my heart right now. Maybe one day, but not today. The 19-year-old is the only adult in a group of eight being held by Columbia police. The other seven suspects are all juveniles, according to Timmons. Their names cannot be released. She said a 14-year-old, 15-year-old, and 16-year-old were charged with strong arm robbery, second degree assault and battery by a mob, and criminal conspiracy. A 13-year-old and three other 16-year-olds were all charged with criminal conspiracy, according to Timmons. Police Chief Randy Scott said the 18-year-old victim, later identified as Carter Strange, was jogging through a parking lot near the intersection of Blossom Street and Saluda Avenue just after midnight on Monday when the assault happened. “This teenager was minding his own business, trying to make his curfew when he was brutally attacked and robbed,” said Scott. Police said Henrey and the seven juveniles he was with were roaming Five Points, targeting others until they came across strange. In fact, investigators said the group tried unsuccessfully to rob or assault at least four other people. Carter’s family told police the beating was so severe he required emergency surgery to remove a brain clot. He had his second surgery Friday afternoon, which was for facial reconstruction. It’s Carter’s latest step in a long road to recovery. “He did nothing to them,” said Vicki. “They didn’t know him, they didn’t know the kind of person he was, they don’t know the kind of man he’s grown up to be and they don’t know the lives he’s touched. But they thought he was so less of a person, they thought this would be okay.” SMH. Sad at how young the suspects in this case are…hopefully the victim has a speedy recovery. Source

Read the original post:
Jesus Take The Wheel: Eight Suspects In Custody After Brutal Beating Of Teen In South Carolina