Tag Archives: stars

Roger Mathews Pens Letter to JWOWW, Admits to Abuse

Roger Mathews has admitted to assaulting Jenni “JWOWW” Farley. Following a series of scathing messages back and forth between Farley and Mathews this week, the latter has written a very long and revealing letter to the Jersey Shore star on his official website. It addresses Farley's claims that Mathews has pushed and hit her . It also addresses a video Farley posted that appeared to depict Mathews shoving her to the ground. We've summarized Mathews' letter below and included many excerpts from it, while also outlining the ongoing feud between these estranged spouses, who share two young kids together. Scroll down for the latest… 1. Where Do We Even Begin Here? With some quick background, we guess: The couple got married in October 2015 and share a two-year old son, who is Autistic, and a three-year old daughter. 2. Farley Filed for Divorce in September 2018 She cited irreconcilable differences at the time and Mathews immediately said on social media that he planned to win her back. All seemed okay. 3. But Then… … the two got into a major verbal altercation inside their home in December 2018. The police were called. Mathews was escorted out of his house and Farley was granted a restraining order against him. 4. Fast Forward About 6 Weeks… … and Farley exploded at Mathews via a lengthy letter of her own on her own official website. It accused Mathews of making “false accusations” against her and trying to “disgrace” her name. 5. It Said A LOT More, Too Farley alleged that Mathews has abused her and mistreated her and shoved her, writing at one point: “Your actions have and continue to place the children in harm’s way. Stop, pause and have a true reality check.” 6. JWOWW and Roger Mathews in the Car JWOWW and Roger Mathews pose here for an Instagram selfie. The couple got married in October 2015 and announced at the same time they were expecting baby number-two. View Slideshow

Read the original:
Roger Mathews Pens Letter to JWOWW, Admits to Abuse

Former NFL Player Brandon Browner Wants His Attempted Murder Conviction Thrown Out Because He Suffers From CTE

Source: Boston Globe / Getty Former NFL Player Blames CTE As Reason He Accepted Plea Deal According to Bleacher Report , former NFL cornerback Brandon Browner has filed an appeal of his attempted murder conviction, saying he was “unfit to agree to his plea deal” because he was “dealing with undiagnosed bipolar disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder at the time”. His lawyers are arguing Browner’s mental health problems could possibly be the result of CTE suffered from his lengthy football career. This past December, Browner was sentenced to eight years in prison after pleading no-contest to attempted murder and two counts of cruelty to a child. He was reportedly arrested in July after attacking his ex-girlfriend in front of her two children. Browner fired his legal representation after agreeing to his plea and hired famed attorney Chris Darden, the prosecutor who handled the O.J. Simpson case. Darden is preparing to ask the judge to throw out the plea agreement.

Excerpt from:
Former NFL Player Brandon Browner Wants His Attempted Murder Conviction Thrown Out Because He Suffers From CTE

WELP: Tekashi 6ix9ine Pleads Guilty To 8 Federal Counts, Facing 47 Years In Prison

Source: @JustInMyView / R1 Digital Tekashi 6ix9ine Pleads Guilty Looks like things are a wrap for Tekashi 69x9ine. TMZ reports that the rapper who was arrested in November on racketeering and firearm charges has pleaded guilty to EIGHT counts. The counts include; multiple counts of racketeering, conspiracy, firearms offenses, and narcotics trafficking. Tekashi did not plead guilty however to a charge involving an April 3, 2018 robbery of rivals of the Nine Trey gang. As previously r eported prosecutors claimed that he fired a gun while committing a crime and the charge for that carries a possible life sentence with a mandatory minimum of 25 years served. They alleged that he and his manager Shottie and two other Blood Gang members robbed rival gang members at gunpoint. In the newly unsealed court docs, prosecutors claim the rapper was involved in dealing heroin, fentanyl, ecstasy, amphetamines, and marijuana, and conspired multiple acts of murder, robbery, and extortion. If you’re curious about the “Dummy Boy’s” fate, you’ll have to wait—he won’t be sentenced until January 2020. The DailyNews reports however that he faces a mandatory minimum sentence of 47 years in prison, but could get less for his cooperation. “In the fall of 2017, I met and joined the Nine Trey Blood Gang. As a member of Nine Trey, the enterprise engaged in such activities including shooting at people, robbing people, and at times drug trafficking,” said Tekashi, whose real name is Daniel Hernandez. He said that on March 20, 2018 he “helped members of NineTrey attempt to kill a rival gang member.” The following month he helped fellow gangsters rob a rival, he said. WELP, so much for that. Someone’s going to jail—PERIOD.

Go here to see the original:
WELP: Tekashi 6ix9ine Pleads Guilty To 8 Federal Counts, Facing 47 Years In Prison

T.I, Ludacris and Jeezy Unite on Stage in Atlanta

Read more from the original source:

During his set at the Super Bowl Music Fest, Ludacris brought out many special guests, notably the “King” T.I., and Jeezy.

T.I, Ludacris and Jeezy Unite on Stage in Atlanta

It's the Debut Trailer for Season 2 of Showtime's Hit 'The Chi'

Actress, producer, and writer Lena Waithe’s hit Showtime series The Chi is returning for its second season this April, and we finally have a trailer that shows off some of what to expect in the new season…. read more

See the rest here:
It's the Debut Trailer for Season 2 of Showtime's Hit 'The Chi'

Celebrities Showed Up And Out For Radio One’s ‘Welcome to Atlanta Big Game Party’

Source: radio one / Radio One Radio One’s Welcome To Atlanta Big Game Party Super Bowl LIII parties are in full affect, and Radio One got in on some of the fun by having their very own ‘Welcome to Atlanta Big Game Party’ hosted by Eva Marcille and Headkrack . Source: radio one / Radio One Everyone from Amina Buddafly and Benzino to Love & Hip Hop’s Cisco and Woah Vicky showed up to the Tito’s Vodka sponsored event to kick off the big game weekend. Hit the flip to check out some of the lit pics.

Continue reading here:
Celebrities Showed Up And Out For Radio One’s ‘Welcome to Atlanta Big Game Party’

Jussie Smollett Speaks Out For the 1st Time After Attack

Visit link:

Source: Jamie McCarthy / Getty We’re hearing from Jussie Smollett for the first time since his brutal attack earlier this week. “Let me start by saying that I’m OK,” the Empire actor said in a statement  to  ESSENCE on Friday. “My body is strong but my soul is stronger. More importantly I want to say thank you. The outpouring of love and support from my village has meant more than I will ever be able to truly put into words.” Smollett was beaten and brutalized by two men on Tuesday in Chicago. According to police there, the attackers first yelled racial and homophobic slurs before they beat him and poured an unknown chemical substance over him. They released photos of a pair wanted for questioning about the incident on Thursday. “I am working with authorities and have been 100% factual and consistent on every level,” Smollett said about the misinformation being spread across social media about his attack. ” Despite my frustrations and deep concern with certain inaccuracies and misrepresentations that have been spread, I still believe that justice will be served.” “As my family stated, these types of cowardly attacks are happening to my sisters, brothers and non-gender conforming siblings daily. I am not and should not be looked upon as an isolated incident. We will talk soon and I will address all details of this horrific incident, but I need a moment to process,” he concluded. “Most importantly, during times of trauma, grief and pain, there is still a responsibility to lead with love. It’s all I know. And that can’t be kicked out of me.” Smollett ended his statement by signing, “With Love, respect & honor…Jussie.” The Smollett family released a statement of their own yesterday that echos some of the same sentiments made in Jussie’s statement.

Jussie Smollett Speaks Out For the 1st Time After Attack

Jana Duggar: Still Sharing a Bedroom at 29?

Counting On  returns very soon, and fans are hoping for  a special announcement from Jana Duggar . When, they wonder, will she finally get into a real courtship and get married and escape from her role as the family Cinderella? Not yet. But at least Jana finally has her own space … sort of. Jana Duggar does not yet have her own bedroom. Yes, still. The Duggar family believes that privacy is just an invitation for the devil to visit. (In other words, they realize that masturbation is a normal human activity and go to great lengths to prevent their children from doing it) They also have approximately one billion children. Jana is sharing a bedroom with a 9-year-old, but at least she finally has her own Instagram. Jana only has a few photos on her Instagram page. That makes sense, because she is new to the social media platform. However, but this week, she shared a series of three pictures of her own little space in the Duggar house. Jana also wrote out a caption for this series of photos. “Love this quiet little nook!” she writes. It does look like a cozy nook. Among Jana’s personal comforts are a number of houseplants, including a jade plant. She also has a trove of art supplies — making us wonder if this nook is entirely her space. Jana then shows off a simple watercolor painting that she did of a frog. If the Duggar women were permitted to have jobs that didn’t involve giving birth or helping others give birth, Jana could have gone into art as a career. Just look at what she painted: Of the frog painting, Jana explains: “My little nephew Marcus loves frogs and asked me to paint it.” Nice! Jana also shared some details about the nook’s decorations. For example, she says that those potted plants are a gift from her brother, Jason. Jason is 18 years old and that was a very tasteful gift. Fans also noticed and asked about that gorgeous antique desk of Jana’s. “My sweet Grandma gave it to me,” Jana reveals in the comments. She then shares: “It’s over 100 years old.” A nook is great, but it’s no substitute for a bedroom. We don’t mean to suggest that Jana needs her own space purely so that she can spend quality time with a hitachi magic wand. (Her sexual health is her business, even if unfortunately her parents and fundamentalist church insist that it’s theirs, too) Bedrooms give you a space of your own that you can decorate to suit your tastes and personality. It also gives you a place to which you can retreat when you’re feeling emotionally exhausted or overwhelmed. Sure, some people share a room during childhood, especially when they are close in age. But Jana is 29 years old and she still does not have a real space for herself. The Duggar household is not really a place for individual expression. Until the children marry, they are extensions of Jim Bob’s will and of his identity. We’re glad that Jana has this small personal outlet. And we continue to be thrilled that she’s been permitted to join Instagram this year. View Slideshow: Jana Duggar Joins Instagram: Is She FINALLY In a Courtship?! [UPDATED]

Here is the original post:
Jana Duggar: Still Sharing a Bedroom at 29?

Coupled Up: Chanel Iman And Sterling Shepard Join Hennessy For Toast To Takeo Spikes

Source: Lauren Cowart / Lauren Cowart Thursday Night, Hennessy , the world best selling cognac, kicked off Big Game Weekend with a V.S.O.P Privilege Toast to former NFL great Takeo Spikes as he continues his Never Stop. Never Settle journey through his charitable efforts in the greater Atlanta community. Source: Lauren Cowart / Lauren Cowart One of our favorite power couples, Chanel Iman and Sterling Shepard , were in the building to celebrate as well. Check out more photos from the event below:

Continued here:
Coupled Up: Chanel Iman And Sterling Shepard Join Hennessy For Toast To Takeo Spikes

Marriage Boot Camp: BOSSIP’s Dani Canada Asks Jessica & Shawne Why They STILL Don’t Have A Wedding Date [Video]

BOSSIP’s Deputy Editor Dani Canada Surprises “Marriage Boot Camp: Hip Hop Edition” Couples Things got REAL on last night’s episode of “Marriage Boot Camp: Hip Hop Edition” when BOSSIP’s Deputy Editor Dani Canada  kicked off a surprise press junket. Shawne and Jessica struggled to explain why they STILL haven’t set a date for their wedding and things went left when one reporter shadily asked Dime if she wanted her daughter to follow in her footsteps and be a stripper. “Marriage Boot Camp: Hip Hop Edition” airs Thursdays at 10/9 c on WE tv. See more clips from last night’s episode on the flip.

Read more here:
Marriage Boot Camp: BOSSIP’s Dani Canada Asks Jessica & Shawne Why They STILL Don’t Have A Wedding Date [Video]