Tag Archives: stars

Police Trying To Cover Up Killing of Morehouse Man, Says His Sister Who Is A Facebook Executive

Go here to read the rest:

S an Mateo County Sheriff’s Department is trying to cover up for its officers who were involved in the October Taser killing of unarmed Chinedu Valentine Okobi , a 36-year-old father and Morehouse College graduate, according to Okobi’s sister. See Also: Cover-up? Police Narrative Of Jemel Roberson’s Killing Contradicts Eyewitnesses’ Ebele Okobi took to Facebook on Sunday after she and other family members had a private viewing late last week of the police arrest videos, the San Francisco Chronicle reported. The police videos “were shocking because they contradicted, in every single particular, the statement that the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office released and to which San Mateo District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe referred in multiple news outlets after my brother’s murder,” said Okobi, Facebook’s public policy director for Africa, in her post . On Oct. 3, the sheriff’s department reported that an officer confronted Chinedu Okobi running in and out of traffic in the city of Millbrae. He allegedly assaulted a deputy who called for backup. Four other officers responded, and at least one of the officers killed Okobi with a Taser. The list of mentally ill Black men killed in a police taser incident just got longer with the death of Chinedu Okobi, a Morehouse man… https://t.co/tRKooiJ8C2 pic.twitter.com/rTjYN081Ey — NewsOne (@newsone) October 17, 2018 Okobi, who earned a business administration degree from Morehouse, was a dedicated father to his 12-year-old daughter. He was also a spoken word poet who had strong views on social issues. About 10 years ago, he began to struggle with mental health issues . Okobi’s family suspected that he may have stopped taking his medication earlier this year. 5 @SMCSheriff deputies killed #ChineduOkobi Sign the petition: Demand District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe charge these officers. Join us with @BAJItweet to demand justice for The Okobi Family: https://t.co/QxpeclG6pz pic.twitter.com/lMiPVcVtB6 — ColorOfChange.org (@ColorOfChange) November 16, 2018 “The police explanation (of what happened) is not consistent with what we saw on the tape,” said the family’s lawyer John Burris , adding that the video did not show Chinedu Okobi assaulting the officer. There are at least two other videos of the arrest, recorded by witnesses, that also contradict the sheriff’s department’s narrative of Chinedu Okobi being aggressive, the family said. They are urging the department to release its video to the public. SEE ALSO: Exclusive: Macy’s Apologizes For Holiday Ad Depicting Traditional Families Without Black Dads Kim Porter’s Son Quincy Brown Writes Emotional Post About His Mother [ione_media_gallery src=”https://newsone.com” id=”3837087″ overlay=”true”]

Police Trying To Cover Up Killing of Morehouse Man, Says His Sister Who Is A Facebook Executive

What’s Next For Stacey Abrams And Andrew Gillum? Fallen Candidates Hint At Political Futures

Follow this link:

A ndrew Gillum ‘s concession this weekend in the Florida gubernatorial election followed Stacey Abrams ‘ one day earlier in Georgia, leaving their political ambitions unfulfilled … for now, that is. While their midterm election losses by the narrowest of margins were a major letdown for their campaigns and supporters, both races also showed how perhaps with more support from the Democratic establishment and less voter suppression — a major factor in each election — they could, or, at least, should emerge victorious with another run. The question is, do they have any more campaign runs left in them? For Abrams, the answer was clear: A resounding yes. “I’m going to spend the next year as a private citizen, but I do indeed intend to run for office again,” Abrams told said during an interview on CNN Sunday morning. “I’m not sure for what, and I am not exactly certain when. I need to take a nap. But once I do, I’m planning to get back into the ring.” Stacey Abrams: “I do indeed intend to run for office again, I'm not sure for what and I am not exactly certain when. I need to take a nap, but once I do, I'm planning to get back into the ring.” (via CNN) pic.twitter.com/qK5ypZE3LF — Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) November 18, 2018 Abrams fought the good fight in the face of clear racial voter suppression by an opponent who was also the sitting secretary of state who seemed to orchestrate a series of “ dirty tricks ” on Election Day, including not supplying power cords for voting machines in polling places with mostly Black residents. Considering how much effort Republicans put into stopping Democratic and Black voters, some might consider her loss by fewer than 55,000 votes a victory. It certainly shouldn’t take any wind out of her sail even if the Blue Wave didn’t prevail in Georgia’s governor race. Gillum’s future was a different story, though. The person who was trying to become Florida’s first Black governor remained the mayor of Tallahassee after he conceded on Saturday night. He was expected to remain in office in the state capital through the end of his term next year. But after that, it was anybody’s guess. A tweet Saturday may have provided a glimpse into what’s next for him, but it was certainly open to interpretation. “We are going to keep fighting. We will keep working,” he said in a post to Twitter that was accompanied by a photo with his wife, both of them clad in orange, the school colors of their alma mater Florida A&M University. “And in the end, I believe that we will win.” We are going to keep fighting. We will keep working. And in the end, I believe that we will win. I am so thankful to each and every one of you. pic.twitter.com/fWCKQysGmZ — Andrew Gillum (@AndrewGillum) November 17, 2018 SEE ALSO: GOP Adviser Rips Into Brian Kemp For Stealing The Georgia Election Wake-Up Call To Democrats: ‘Black Women Get Things Done’ [ione_media_gallery src=”https://newsone.com” id=”3837133″ overlay=”true”]

What’s Next For Stacey Abrams And Andrew Gillum? Fallen Candidates Hint At Political Futures

The Idiot Girl Jumping into Frozen Lake in her Underwear and Other Videos of the Day

Old Man Getting Blowjob at Old Folks Home Man Masturbates into a Bra Wedding Brawl… Sucker Punch in Supermarket FEMEN TITTIES! Dude Doesn’t Get Refund – Trashes Videogame Store The post The Idiot Girl Jumping into Frozen Lake in her Underwear and Other Videos of the Day appeared first on DrunkenStepFather.com .

Read more from the original source:
The Idiot Girl Jumping into Frozen Lake in her Underwear and Other Videos of the Day

Ashley Graham Shares Her Sweet Swirl Love Story And Says She Wouldn’t Let Her Hubby Hit For HOW LONG?!

Source: Raymond Hall / Getty Ashley Graham Reveals The Long Story Behind Her Marrying Director Justin Ervin We always wondered about the story behind Ashley Graham’s sweet swirly matrimony-dom with director Justin Ervin and the body positive model ended up revealing the WHOLE beautiful backstory during an appearance on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop podcast last Thursday. It turns out Graham had a rocky road to her happy ending after dating some jerk when she was in her early 20’s who was abusive — not just mentally and emotionally but also physically. “I knew that I was a stronger woman for breaking up with him, and in feeling stronger for breaking up with him I was like, ‘What is it that I need to do to change myself so I don’t get back into that situation?’” It was then that Ashley determined she needed to do a better job of keeping the cookies in the jar. “My problem is I keep giving it up too soon, I keep having sex too soon with these guys.” And while spirituality didn’t initially have anything to do with Graham’s decision to abstain — she did eventually find herself in some hallowed halls after her mom confronted her about abusing tequila. “My mom said, ‘rehab or church,’” Graham revealed. “And I was like, ‘I’m not an alcoholic, so I’ll just go to church.” It was in the elevator of the NYC church that Graham began attending that she first encountered her hubby. “The next thing you know I’m in the elevator… and I’m volunteering that Sunday. I’m the elevator lady.” “The one guy says to the other guy, ‘If you don’t talk to her I am.’ I blushed. And the next thing ya know, Justin, my husband, was the one who stayed in the elevator.” There’s more… Continue to keep reading.

See the rest here:
Ashley Graham Shares Her Sweet Swirl Love Story And Says She Wouldn’t Let Her Hubby Hit For HOW LONG?!

Tekashi 6ix9ine’s Agents Claim They Didn’t Fleece Him Out Of Coins

Source: MARCO BERTORELLO / Getty Despite all of his success, Tekashi 6ix9ine , or Tekashi69 if you’re nasty, has been aligned with the struggle in epic ways. After firing his whole team and canceling a tour, agents for the “Fefe” rapper say they didn’t finesse him out of owed coins and say he lacks an understanding of how money works. The Blast reports : The “Gummo” rapper canceled his tour earlier this week and said he fired his whole team. He also went on “The Breakfast Club” and claimed that he was only getting a few hundred thousand dollars out of a pot of $3.5 million. 6ix9ine said when he refused to take the stage, he was threatened with possible harm being brought on his mother. We’re told the booking agents made it clear that nobody threatened Tekashi or his mother, and claim that all business done was above-board. As for the money, sources involved in the negotiations tell us Tekashi does not understand how fees and expenses work when organizing a nationwide tour. Our sources say the normal percentages were divided up for all the people working tirelessly to organize the tour, including managers, crew, equipment and LOTS of security. We’re told the cut Tekashi was to receive was “very standard.” Our source insisted one of the big issues with money was that Tekashi apparently has a hard time understanding numbers, even when it comes to counting his own stacks of cash. Well it looks like Tekashi either needs to get to studying economics or make sure he vets whoever gets hired next as to not run into a potential struggle in the future. — Photo: Getty

See original here:
Tekashi 6ix9ine’s Agents Claim They Didn’t Fleece Him Out Of Coins

Erratic Exes Bow Wow & Erica Mena Exchange ‘500 Bodies’ Disses—But Shad Takes It Too Far With THIS

Source: Axelle/Bauer-Griffin / Getty Messy exes… Bow Wow And Erica Mena Blast Each Other What year is it?! That’s the question that’s being asked now that two exes are publicly bashing each other AGAIN. Bow Wow and Erica Mena have been at war on social media this weekend over a comment Erica made about her #GUHHATL ex. After TheShadeRoom posted a video of Shad asking women why they’d want to eat at Applebee’s instead of Nobu (Uh, what?), Erica commented; “Can y’all forget I ever dealt with him PLEASE!” The comment apparently pissed off Shad because he brought up an old social media rumor that Erica Mena slept with over 500 people, and Erica clapped back in an EPIC way. “Nope. Just like we won’t forget them 500 bodies,” said Shad. “You mean the 500 bodies you stayed eating between my legs standing up little man,” replied Erica. That help you grow your little whiskers.” Source: Bennett Raglin/BET / Getty WOO CHILE, THE DISRESPECT. Bow’s since taken things waaaaay left and he’s now threatening to release their sex tape. Mind you revenge porn is a CRIME in California. Erica’s since said they’ll she hire Lisa Bloom to sue him if he leaks their intimate moments. “Erica you don’t wanna do it. Trust me I got you on tape. Don’t make me leak the tape!” wrote Bow on his Instagram story. “Lisa bloom already on my line,” said Erica. “But this little girl has nothing on me. Be my guest weirdo! I’m read to ruin you anytime you ready” Source: Axelle/Bauer-Griffin / Getty Things have been nasty between Bow and Erica for a while now. After their 2015 breakup, Erica claimed that Bow Wow was abusive and he claimed that she lied about his sex game, at one point even tattooing his name on her privates. Bow later said on an episode of “Growing Up Hip Hop Atlanta” however that Erica was “the one that got away.” Guess he’s over her now. Source: Ethan Miller / Getty See more Bow Wow V.S. Erica Mena on the flip.

Original post:
Erratic Exes Bow Wow & Erica Mena Exchange ‘500 Bodies’ Disses—But Shad Takes It Too Far With THIS

Say What?: Condoleezza Rice Up For Cleveland Browns Head Coaching Job, Twitter Reacts

Source: David Cannon / Getty

View original post here:
Say What?: Condoleezza Rice Up For Cleveland Browns Head Coaching Job, Twitter Reacts

Kendrick Johnson: Third Autopsy Claims Foul Play In Gym Mat Death Of Georgia Teen

Source: D-Keine / Getty Kendrick Johnson’s Parents’ Conduct Third Autopsy, Find Foul Play The parents of a Georgia teen who was found dead in a wrestling mat have conducted a third autopsy. The AJC reports that Kendrick Johnson’s parents Kenneth and Jackie Johnson paid for an autopsy that found that the teen died nearly six years ago from non-accidental blunt force trauma between his neck and abdomen. The results match the first autopsy done on Kendrick, also paid for by his family. The AJC adds that the results will make “minimal impact” considering that a federal investigation ruled out foul play As previously reported the state medical examiner’s office said Kendrick’s 2013 cause of death was “positional asphyxia,” after he accidentally became rolled in a gym mat while allegedly trying to retrieve a pair of sneakers. His death was ruled an accident and in 2016 the Justice Department concluded there was “insufficient evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that someone or some group of people willfully violated Kendrick Johnson’s civil rights or committed any other prosecutable federal crime.” His parents believe that two sons of a local FBI agent; Brian, and Branden Bell murdered their son. The parents previously filed a whopping $100 million lawsuit against 38 people they believed were involved.   A judge accused the Johnsons of fabricating evidence to support their claims and they were ordered to pay attorney’s fees to multiple defendants. SMH…this is all so sad. All these years and still no answers for this family.

Read the rest here:
Kendrick Johnson: Third Autopsy Claims Foul Play In Gym Mat Death Of Georgia Teen

Devastated Diddy Comforted By Cassie Following Sudden Death Of Kim Porter

Source: Taylor Hill/David Crotty/Patrick McMullan via Getty Images / Getty Kim Porter’s Death Brings Diddy And Cassie Together Again Diddy has been understandably devastated by the unexpected death of ex-girlfriend Kim Porter . Friday US Weekly reported that the hip-hop mogul was inconsolable over the loss of the mother of three of his children. “Diddy is inconsolable,” the insider says. “Kim’s passing has turned his life upside down.” The source described the former couple’s relationship as still close, even following their breakup: “Kim and Diddy didn’t always see eye-to-eye on things, but their love for their children and the deep respect they had for each other trumped any issue they had,” the source says. “They were on very good terms in recent years. She was a ‘ride or die’ and very loyal to Diddy.” “Kim treated all of Diddy’s children like her own — not just the ones they shared — which makes the situation even more devastating,” the insider tells Us. “Diddy values family over everything in his life. He sees his children as an extension of himself. [They are] his proudest achievement, and he has deep connections to them individually.” Fortunately Diddy has been able to turn to former girlfriend Cassie for support. The pair were spotted together just a day after Porter’s death. Combs was photographed stepping out of a silver vehicle in Los Angeles, casually dressed in red basketball shorts and a black “Do The Right Thing” hoodie. Cassie was also dressed down in a black, oversized sweatshirt, leggings and sneakers. The pair had reportedly split a month ago after dating for 11 years. A source told E! News that the “Me and You” singer “reached out to Diddy” by “sending him a text message checking up on him and expressing her condolences” following the news of Porter’s death. “Cassie reached out to Diddy,” a source tells E! News exclusively,”sending him a text message checking up on him and expressing her condolences.” We’re told he was “pleasantly surprised” to hear from her and “very touched by her thoughtful text.” We’re glad to know that Diddy is surrounded by loved ones. This is obviously a sensitive time and we can understand why Cassie would want to make sure Puff is okay. Diddy posted on Sunday for the first time following Kim’s death. Hit the flip for his words.

Visit link:
Devastated Diddy Comforted By Cassie Following Sudden Death Of Kim Porter

Seen On The Scene: Kelly Rowland, Ne-Yo, Jhene Aiko And More At Spotify’s 2nd Annual Secret Genius Awards

Source: @ParisaMichelle / SplashNews.com / Splash News Kelly Rowland Stuns At Spotify’s Secret Genius Awards Kelly Rowland looked absolutely stunning at Spotify’s 2nd Annual Secret Genius Awards on Friday. The brown skinned bombshell bared her shoulders in a black strapless number which she complimented with brilliant green jeweled accessories. Kelly’s stylist Becca Gross shared photos of her gorgeous client as well and Kelly posted several photos from the event on her IG. Hit the flip for more from the awards.

Continue reading here:
Seen On The Scene: Kelly Rowland, Ne-Yo, Jhene Aiko And More At Spotify’s 2nd Annual Secret Genius Awards