Getty Images Man Burns His Family With Hot Oil, Sparks Fire In Apartment A man in The Bronx splashed relatives with sizzling hot oil on Friday, burning his 2-month-old grandson and sparking a fire in the family’s apartment, according to police. 41-year-old Ricardo McDonald got into an argument with his 19-year-old daughter and 18-year-old son around 10:30 a.m., which is when he began flicking them with hot oil from a cooking pan, the sources said. McDonald’s daughter was in the family’s living room holding her 2-month-old boy, who was also burned. Next, McDonald allegedly ran to a back room of their home, where he spilled oil on other two women, ages 60 and 87. According to authorities, everyone tried to flee the fifth-floor apartment but were trapped by a fire sparked when McDonald tossed some hot oil on a couch. Building residents say that McDonald tried to trap his family in the apartment by blocking the door with furniture. “Murder!” his children yelled as they tried to escape, recalled neighbor Shawn McLeod. “This was behind the door,” said a neighbor, referencing a waterlogged sofa and easy chair that sat in the hallway amid ashes and puddles of water. The suspect’s son and daughter eventually escaped with the child and sought shelter with a third-floor neighbor. “They were crying out and they were banging my door,” said Dawn Breconidge. “When I opened the door, they rushed in, and I said ‘What happened?’ And he said, ‘My dad just throw oil on us, on me and my sister and the baby.’” The victims were taken to Montefiore Medical Center, along with a firefighter who suffered a minor injury. McDonald faces multiple counts of attempted murder, assault and arson. According to police, he is currently being held for psychiatric evaluation.
So a lot of people haven't been too into Pete Davidson lately. Well, a lot of people haven't been into Pete Davidson for a long time, but let's just focus on what's been going on lately, OK? His breakup with Ariana Grande has quite a bit to do with this — she has a lot of really hardcore fans, and they're not happy with him right now. But even besides all the Ariana drama, he's gotten a ton of backlash for some jokes he made about Dan Crenshaw last week on Saturday Night Live. In case you missed this story and also don't keep up with politics, Dan Crenshaw is a Congressman-elect from Texas. He's also a veteran who wears an eye patch because his eye was destroyed in combat. Last week during the Weekend Update segment, Pete was mocking the appearance of several candidates in the midterm elections. And when Crenshaw came up, he said that he looked like “a hit man in a porno movie.” “I'm sorry,” he continued, “I know he lost his eye in war or whatever. Whatever.” Except to many people, it was not whatever. Pete got a whole lot of hate for his comment, which was definitely fair. As Crenshaw himself tweeted, SNL should recognize “that vets don't deserve to see their wounds used as punchlines for bad jokes.” It was honestly a pretty big controversy last week. So what about this week?! Pete showed up on Weekend Update once again, this time to apologize. “I mean this from the bottom of my heart,” he explained, “it was a poor choice of words.” “The man is a war hero and he deserves all the respect in the world, and if any good came of this, maybe it was that for one day the left and the right came together to agree on something: that I'm a dick .” At that point, Dan Crenshaw showed up and asked “You think?” Pete apologized directly to him, and he accepted it — it was a genuinely nice moment. But then Crenshaw's phone started ringing with an Ariana Grande song as his ringtone. And that's when things got beautiful. The song played for a bit, and then Pete told him that to get him back for what he said during the last episode, he could check out a picture of him and mock his appearance. When they pulled up a photo of Pete, Crenshaw said that he looked like “if the meth from Breaking Bad was a person.” Next, he said he looked like “a troll doll with a tapeworm,” and then “Martin Short from Santa Clause 3.” For that one, he added that “one of those people was good on SNL,” meaning Martin Short, obviously. To wrap things up, Crenshaw gave a serious message about what this whole scandal could teach us all — how important it is to respect veterans. And at the end of the video, when the audience was applauding, you can hear Pete lean in and tell him “you're a good man.” So everything's been settled, right? Is Pete likable yet? Check out the video below to see the whole thing for yourself, and let us know your thoughts:
T he lack of affordable healthy food options in underserved communities has been an ongoing issue across the country, and a Brooklyn-based millennial entrepreneur is looking to change that. Francesca Chaney , 22, opened up a restaurant called Sol Sips in an effort to introduce affordable vegan cuisine to Bushwick, Live Civil reported. #LiveCivil : 22-Year-Old Opens Sol Sips, Affordable Vegan Restaurant In Brooklyn https://t.co/x5JheCbT4l pic.twitter.com/8375m8xK71 — Live Civil (@LiveCivil) November 10, 2018 Chaney was inspired to open her own restaurant after noticing the lack of healthy dining options in her community, the news outlet writes. She started making her own juices at home and eventually began selling them at local food festivals. After seeing success with the festivals, she decided to open a brick-and-mortar store earlier this year. To ensure that her meals and beverages are affordable, Chaney’s restaurant allows customers to pay what they wish on Saturday afternoons. “I guess there was this assumption that I was doing this to be a hero or something,” she said in an interview with Elle . “[But] it was for me first and foremost. Then it extended to community because just living in East New York in high school… and knowing that there were not options for me to have a healthy vegetarian meal outside of my home… just because the option isn’t there doesn’t mean that we’re not seeking the option.” She hopes that her entrepreneurial journey will inspire other Black millennials to become business owners and that they will create ventures that will positively impact their communities. There has been a major effort to bring juice bars and other affordable healthy food options to impoverished neighborhoods. Hip-hop artists Styles P and Jadakiss launched Juices For Life, a chain of juice bars created to bring healthy meals to neighborhoods that are considered food deserts. Earlier this month, it was announced that Styles P would be partnering with PETA to promote plant-based diets. SEE ALSO: 10 Veggie Binging Male Stars You Probably Didn’t Know Were Vegan Here’s What African Americans Are Doing To Address Mental Health And Its Stigma This Year [ione_media_gallery src=”https://newsone.com” id=”3835757″ overlay=”true”]
Amber Portwood … What a roller coaster ride her whole entire life has been, huh? She’s dealt with a very serious drug addiction, she’s been to prison for domestic violence. She was in a relationship with serious creeper Matt Baier for a few years, and that alone is just a nightmare to consider. She’s been through so much in her life, but fortunately, things seem to be settling down for a little bit now. Her relationship with Andrew Glennon has lasted for over a year now , and that’s something, right? Sure, he has a sketchy past with two separate restraining orders from two different exes . And yeah, lots of Teen Mom fans get a weird, unsettling vibe whenever he appears on the show. And all right, yes, it’s still super strange that he apparently met her while she was an absolute train wreck on Marriage Boot Camp with Mat Baier, saw her acting like a monster, and thought ‘wow, I have to get to know her.'” There are just lots and lots of red flags when it comes to Andrew, but hey, at least he’s not hiding a bunch of kids and obviously stealing her money like Matt. They also share a precious little baby boy, James , so that’s neat. Yep, these days, Amber is living her life as a full-time mom to James — she has Leah, too, of course, but her ex, Gary Shirley, has had primary custody of her for a long, long time. It seems like the little family has been going back in forth between Amber’s home state of Indiana and Andrew’s work in Malibu, which she’s been loving. And now, thanks to a new statement from Amber, it sounds like they’ve got something else going on, too. Are these two already married?! They’ve discussed marriage on Teen Mom OG, of course and honestly, Amber hasn’t seemed to be too into the idea. For example, during last season’s reunion, Andrew brought up the idea of a surprise proposal, and she shut it down pretty quickly. They’ve also mentioned in interviews that they don’t have any plans to marry anytime soon. She’s been content just being together without any formal commitment, which is fine, obviously. But has it all been a lie? Have they already gotten married, and for whatever reason, are they hiding it? Lots of people think so after a live video Amber made on Instagram last night. In the video, she brought up the subject of the wildfires that have been raging in California — the ones that burned the Bachelor mansion down . Answering one of her followers, she said “Yes, I have heard about the fires in Malibu and Calabasas.” “And my hubby is freaking out because his mom’s house is in Malibu and he has a lot of family that lives around that area.” She have a little update on that situation on Twitter after that, explaining that “Andrew’s family had to evacuate their home in Malibu.” It’s great that they were able to get to safety, and now that we know they’re all fine, we can focus on that one little word that Amber slipped in there. You know the one. So Amber called Andrew her “hubby” — short for husband, if you just managed to get an internet connection for that rock you’ve been living under. This could mean a couple of things. One, as we said earlier, they could already be married. Maybe Amber didn’t want any more criticism for moving so fast with Andrew — she got plenty of it when her big pregnancy news came out. Or maybe it’s just that she’s living a more private life in general. There’s also a chance that they’re saving the big reveal for Teen Mom OG. That would actually make a lot of sense, considering the show’s ratings haven’t been too stellar this season . Two, and this is the not-so-fun option, Amber could just be throwing words around. Lots of people call their boyfriends their “hubby,” and it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re married. It could be a pet name, or maybe the relationship is serious enough to feel like a marriage without the paperwork. View Slideshow: Amber Portwood is Being Bullied By MTV!!! (According to Her Boyfriend) At this point, it’s hard to say what exactly is going on here. Help us out with an explanation, Amber!
(Photos by JB Lacroix/Timothy Hiatt/Getty Images) Iggy Azalea And Bhad Bhabie Exchange Words On IG Iggy Azalea , 28, seems to want smoke with rapper almost half her age. Iggy left a comment under a photo that threw a little Aussie shade at Bhad Bhabie after a mutual makeup artist promoted her show. The captioned asked followers, “Who’s going to see Bhad Bhabie on tour?” to which Iggy replied, “are you?” Pretty shady, right? Bhad Bhabie wasted no time in responding. She wrote, “You should come. Would be a good memory for u to see what a sold-out show looks like” ( See it here .) Previously, Bhad Bhabie rapped on her album “15” that Iggy was washed and old. Do you think Iggy should’ve even let this little girl knew she cared???? Do YOU care???
OAKLAND, CA – NOVEMBER 02: Jimmy Butler #23 of the Minnesota Timberwolves looks on against the Golden State Warriors during an NBA basketball game at ORACLE Arena on November 2, 2018 in Oakland, California. (Photo by Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images)
George Lopez has officially been charged with battery after getting into a fight with an alleged Trump supporter at a New Mexico Hooters last month. Las Cruces Sun New s reports: Lopez will be receiving a criminal summons to Las Cruces Municipal Court for the misdemeanor count. He’ll either have to appear in person or hire an attorney to appear for him for his court hearing. You may recall that back in October, cell phone footage surfaced of the comedian trying to snatch the phone and grab the back of the man’s neck after he put his arms on Lopez’s shoulder and said, “MAGA,” referring to Donald Trump’s “Make America Great Again” slogan that has clearly targeted Mexican-Americans. Lopez hasn’t responded to the charges.
The ongoing wildfires in California have thus far caused over 250,000 people to evacuate and led to the tragic deaths of nine people. So the fate of the house in which The Bachelor films each season is very obviously a tiny deal by comparison. But we’re a celebrity gossip website, of course, so our focus is on pop culture and entertainment-related topics at nearly all times. With that in mind, we’re here to report that The Bachelor Mansion is reportedly on fire. “There was no one at the house at the time it caught on fire,” a source told Us Weekly, adding: “The part of the house that was used for the production offices has burned down … The whole back house is burned down and it traveled up to the backyard.” This large Agoura Hills residence has served as the backdrop for ABC’s ‘The Bachelor and The Bachelorette since 2007. On Friday afternoon, franchise creator Mike Fleiss and ABC reality chief Rob Mills jumped on Twitter to say that the house was in “grave danger” as the wildfires forced evacuations all across Malibu. (We previously detailed how Kourtney and Kim Kardashian both drove far away to take cover .) Posting a picture of a thicket of smoke rising from nearby hills earlier in the day, Fless wrote on his account: “Pray for Malibu — and #TheBachelor Mansion.” An insider who lives directly next to the mansion told the tabloid mentioned above that while the main house “will be saved” by firefighters, a second structure is “completely destroyed.” However, Colton Underwood’s upcoming season will not look any different because shooting is already complete. “Production is not using the house anymore,” a source confirms. “Filming finished a couple weeks ago, and they have been traveling internationally finishing Colton’s season.” The Woolsey wildfire has grown to over 14,000 acres since it started late this week, forcing evacuations of many in Hollywood and impacting filming locations across the devastated communities. Caitlyn Jenner’s home in Malibu, for instance, has also been destroyed. “I heard the flames have hit our property at our home in Hidden Hills but now are more contained and have stopped at the moment. It doesn’t seems like it is getting worse right now,” Tweeted Kim Kardashian yesterday, adding: “I just pray the winds are in our favor. God is good. I’m just praying everyone is safe.” Wrote director Guillero del Toro: “Evacuated last night. Bleak House and the collection may be endangered but the gift of life remains. Thousand Oaks and Agoura are still in danger. Malibu is being evacuated.” Elsewhere, Doctor Strange director Scott Derrickson Tweeted that his house burned down in the blazes. The fire also decimated Western Town at Paramount Ranch, an outdoor set where scenes from HBO’s Westworld were filmed. We send our best wishes to all affected by this natural disaster.
It’s a lot going on in Bernice Jenkins ‘ church this week. The saints are on fire, fighting in the church over petty relationship things and to make things first, they weren’t even fighting fair. Sign Up For Our Newsletter! Close Thank you for subscribing! Please be sure to open and click your first newsletter so we can confirm your subscription. Email Submit Another saint realized his dream to pledge and when invited into a stroll on a yard, he threw his cane too hard and well, it didn’t come back down easy. Bernice Jenkins warned the older folks to learn to twist the shoulders like Kappas instead of throwing canes to prevent injury. Listen up top for her full announcements! ALSO TRENDING ON RICKEYSMILEYMORNINGSHOW.COM : Angela Simmons Ex-Fiance Killed In His Home Recipe: Rickey Smiley’s Red Velvet Crumble Peach Cobbler Baby Dies From Diaper Rash After Wearing Maggot-Infested Pamper Follow @TheRSMS
T here has been tons of talk about white women supporting sexist, hateful white men like Roy Moore in Alabama and Donald Trump while Black women save elections. However, this shouldn’t be a shocker, white women did not vote for Obama at a majority in both of the presidential elections . In addition, 52 percent of white women voted for Donald “Grab ’em by the Pussy” Trump in 2016, even with a white woman candidate on the ballot. And so it followed that in the midterm elections on Tuesday, white women voted Republican at a majority in Texas, Georgia and of course Florida. White women: footsoldiers of the patriarchy. Brian Kemp: 76% Ted Cruz: 59% Ron DeSantis: 51% pic.twitter.com/1RTZlppkiZ — Mona Eltahawy (@monaeltahawy) November 7, 2018 Therefore, video footage of white women harassing a Gillum supporter on Friday should be no shocker. See Also: Andrew Gillum Barely Loses Florida Governor Race By The Slimmest of Margins In the two videos below, two racist women claimed a Black voter, who appears to be the one filming them, only voted for Gillum because he’s Black and “identity politics.” While hollering, they bond over their bigotry and start chanting “count our vote” in a stereotypical accent. One of them adds, “Go back to Africa!” These women are haranguing the only black person here, standing on a bench holding a Gillum shirt. “Because he’s black” pic.twitter.com/xgJ1qruoip — Djinn (@ARAEveryDay) November 9, 2018 Hours later, still mocking anyone black pic.twitter.com/Jtptk4GzB7 — Djinn (@ARAEveryDay) November 9, 2018 Hopefully, social media will do their magical job and expose these racists. In addition, we are hoping all the votes will be counted. DeSantis’s “victory” margin has shrunken to 0.47 percentage points, according to The New York Times , . If it stays that was or decreases, there will be a recount. Broward County Elections Supervisor Brenda Snipes was reportedly sued by Florida Gov. Rick Scott ’s senate campaign and the National Republican Senatorial Committee for “incompetence” because she has not announced how many votes are left to count. If you haven’t already guessed, Broward County is predominately Democratic. Clearly, the Republicans are afraid of every vote being counted. SEE ALSO: All The Ways Cops Are Still Trying To Cover Up LaQuan McDonald’s Execution Outrageous! Figurines Of White Cherub Crushing Head Of Black Angel Removed From Dollar Store Meet Jogger Joe, The Man Who Took Racist Cue From BBQ Becky In Tossing Homeless Man’s Clothes [ione_media_gallery src=”https://newsone.com” id=”3828001″ overlay=”true”]