Category Archives: News

Michael Jordan donated $2 Million to Hurricane Florence Relief

Read the rest here:

Source: S. Granitz / Getty Michael Jordan’s considered one of the greatest basketball players of all time. He can arguably be considered one of the biggest sneaker manufacturers in the country. The retired Bulls player is using all that money for good cause. Over the last week the Carolinas were devastated after Hurricane Florence created deadly floods. The with the death toll rising to 37 deaths, the Carolinas relief effort will be great task. The NBA hall of famer says he’s donating a whopping $2 million dollars to relief funds. Michael Jordan’s father is from Wallace, he played his high school ball in Wilmington, he won a national championship in college as a North Carolina Tar Heel in Chapel Hill, and he is now the part-owner and chairman of the Charlotte Hornets. Close Thank you for subscribing! Please be sure to open and click your first newsletter so we can confirm your subscription. Email Submit The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews Follow @quicksilvashow

Michael Jordan donated $2 Million to Hurricane Florence Relief

Lil Uzi Vert Allegedly References Heaven’s Gate Cult In LP & Single Artwork

Link:

Source: WENN.com / WENN Lil Uzi Vert has found himself on the wrong side of a potential legal battle, this after he allegedly references a controversial cult group via images present in his upcoming music releases. Heaven’s Gate, the surviving members of the group in question, is pursuing legal action after they say the rapper used their symbol for the cover art of his album and single. Page Six reports : A month after surviving members of the cult slammed the rapper, 24, for the purported Heaven’s Gate-inspired cover of his upcoming album, “Eternal Atake,” the artwork for Uzi’s new single features another reference to the group. Released early Tuesday morning, the artwork for “New Patek” features the rapper reaching through a keyhole — a symbol associated with the infamous suicide cult and featured prominently in its logo. When reached for comment by Page Six, the Telah Foundation, which is made up of surviving Heaven’s Gate members who were left behind to answer media inquiries about the cult, explained that their lawyers have been in touch with the rapper. The outlet adds that officials from the Telah Foundation have employed a legal team to address the use of the logo and when pressed by Page Six , they stated hopes that the parties can come to a mutual understanding. Heaven’s Gate was a religious cult began in 1974 by Marshall Applewhite and led along with Bonnie Nettles. The group believed that their human existence was coming to an end and to rise to the next level, they would need to shade their earthly bodies in order to be transported into a spacecraft where they would live in total bliss free of “mammalian” tendencies. In March 1997, 39 members of the group committed mass suicide in an attempt to hitch a ride to a spacecraft following the Hale-Bopp comet. — Photo: WENN

Lil Uzi Vert Allegedly References Heaven’s Gate Cult In LP & Single Artwork

Drake Took Almost $200K Worth of L’s In Atlantic City, Still Rich As F*ck

More:

Source: Boston Globe / Getty Drake isn’t out here just living his best life, he’s living the fast life as well. According to Page Six , the 6 God hit up Atlantic City and gambled away damn near $200,000 while living it up at The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino with his crew. The night started out simple enough with the “In My Feelings” rapper rocking the crowd at his Aubrey & The Three Migos tour in Philadelphia. From there he and his entourage made their way to Daer Nightclub for a quick performance before eventually hitting up the gambling spot to try his luck. Unfortunately luck was the only lady not willing to cozy up to Drizzy that night. The source told us the star then headed to a private high-rollers area, which was cleared out for Drake and his crew to have a private party. Sources said that the casino even opened up restaurant Sugar Factory after-hours for the rapper and his party to nosh on “mini burgers, chicken fingers and french fries,” as well as a colossal cocktail dubbed “The Drake,” served up in 60-ounce goblets and composed of the rapper’s Virginia Black whiskey, peach puree, sweet tea, Sour Patch peach gummies and cotton candy. Yeesh. “He stayed at the table,” said a spy, who added that before the sun came up Drake had put down close to $200,000. Insiders said that even with the loss, Drake likely still had a nice chunk of change left from his appearance earlier. This isn’t the first time Drake’s taken an L on big money. Earlier this year the Toronto rapper lost 10K to Quavo on a single half-court shot like it was spare change. Must be nice. — Photo: Getty

Drake Took Almost $200K Worth of L’s In Atlantic City, Still Rich As F*ck

Michael Jordan Donates $2 Million To Hurricane Florence Relief

Link:

After Hurricane Florence devastated the Carolinas over the weekend, NBA legend Michael Jordan explained why he felt it was necessary for him to donate $2 million to relief efforts. “You gotta take care of home,” he told the Charlotte Observer . “You don’t want to see any of that anywhere, but when it’s home, that’s tough to swallow.” Jordan, who grew up in Wilmington, NC as a child before moving on to play at North Carolina and later the NBA said that the heavy rains in both North and South Carolina brought back some memories. RELATED: Michael Jordan’s Top 10 Rules For Success RELATED: Michael Jordan Says He ‘Can No Longer Stay Silent’ About Police Shootings “Wilmington truly is my home. Kept thinking about all those places I grew up going to,” Jordan said. “And the deaths – it was so sad about the babies. You don’t want to see any of that anywhere, but when it’s home, that’s tough to swallow.” Jordan’s donation comes in two parts, first a donation of $1 million to the American Red Cross and a donation of $1 million to the Foundation for the Carolinas Florence Response Fund. The Charlotte Hornets, the team where Jordan is the owner have also launched relief efforts and are set to be packing thousands of disaster food boxes for those affected. Jordan hopes that the dual donation will show both the short and long-term impact that Hurricane Florence will have on the region. “People need to understand this will not be a week-long process. This is going to have a huge disruption on people’s lives – not for 10 days, but for years,” Jordan said. Join Our Text Club To Get The Latest Music, Entertainment, Contests And Breaking News On Your Phone

Michael Jordan Donates $2 Million To Hurricane Florence Relief

Australian Athletes Wore Full-Body Blackface to Impersonate Williams Sisters

More:

(AP Photo/Crystal Chatham) An Australian Rules Football (AFL) club had to apologize after three of its players wore full-body blackface to impersonate Venus and Serena Williams, as well as a Kenyan-born AFL player, Aliir Aliir. The photos were taken last week during “Mad Monday,” a celebratory day that marks the end of the AFL season. According to the Huffington Post , the photos appeared on Facebook on Thursday, and received mixed reactions. Some were outraged and others defended the “costumes.” Some Australians still have no clue what is considered racist. This Mad Monday “costume” is clearly racist. And I'm a person who is fed up with today's over-the-top political correctness. pic.twitter.com/oWPR0WjeUx — Francis Gonzalez (@fgonzalez_) September 19, 2018 The players, who weren’t identified, play for the Penguin Football Club in Tasmania. The club told the Huffington Post in a written statement that officials weren’t aware players “intended to dress in this manner,” adding that the costumes were “unacceptable in this day and age.” As the Huffington Post reports, while the players have been disciplined and have apologized for the racist costumes, the Penguin Football Club also offered a defense of the players, saying their “actions were never intended to be racist in any way” and “all they meant to do was dress as one of their sporting idols.” While the term “black face” is highly used in the United States, racism knows no borders. According to the  Australian Broadcasting Corporation , there have been high-profile incidents of blackface in the country, but despite an increase in public shaming around the behavior, many Australians still haven’t learned their lesson. [ione_media_gallery src=”https://blackamericaweb.com” id=”698037″ overlay=”true”] READ MORE STORIES ON BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM: SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER:  Close Thank you for subscribing! Please be sure to open and click your first newsletter so we can confirm your subscription. Email Submit LIKE US ON  FACEBOOK . FOLLOW US ON  TWITTER  AND  INSTAGRAM

Australian Athletes Wore Full-Body Blackface to Impersonate Williams Sisters

Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Talks Falcon’s, Possible influx of Jobs & More with Reec

Excerpt from:

Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Talks Falcon’s, Possible influx of Jobs & Her Dance Moves with Reec Filling the Gulch. Why is it important to vote             How Do You Build Wealth in Youth with NIKE       #ReecQOTD  – Would you let your baby moms new BF fix a plate at the family BBQ

Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Talks Falcon’s, Possible influx of Jobs & More with Reec

Maroon 5 To Headline Super Bowl LIII Halftime Show In Atlanta, Twitter Reacts

Read more here:

Source: Supplied by WENN.com / WENN Maroon 5 is set to perform at the Super Bowl LIII halftime show in 2019 in Atlanta, according to Variety.com . Neither the NFL or reps for the band confirmed the news, but two sources close to Variety say it’s a go.   Sign Up For Our Newsletter! Close Thank you for subscribing! Please be sure to open and click your first newsletter so we can confirm your subscription. Email Submit “It’s a Super Bowl tradition to speculate about the performers for the Pepsi Halftime Show,” a rep for the NFL said. “We are continuing to work with [longtime sponsor] Pepsi on our plans but do not have any announcements to make on what will be another epic show.” RELATED:  5 Side Hustles To Get Money While The Super Bowl Is In Atlanta Past epic performances have included Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Janet Jackson, Prince, Black Eyed Peas, Katy Perry, Paul McCartney and more.   If the Maroon 5 rumors are true, some football fans who hoped Atlanta artists would get a little shine are already disappointed. From the looks of Twitter, Outkast was on a lot of performance wish lists.   Check out the reactions below…   RELATED:  T.I. Explains Why He Will Boycott The 2019 Super Bowl In Atlanta [VIDEO] Imagine how sick a show consisted of some of these legends could be: T.I. Outkast Ludacris Jeezy Lil' Jon & Eastside Boyz Jermain Dupri/Brat 112 Xscape T-Boz & Chili Usher Ciara I hope Maroon 5 reaches out in some way, but there was a golden opportunity here they are missing. https://t.co/BvPnf2JTk5 — KD Drummond (@KDDrummondNFL) September 19, 2018 Atlanta, home of Outkast, T.I., Future, Ludacris, Usher, etc., gets Maroon 5 to play the damn Super Bowl. pic.twitter.com/KHpGNRsJGX — Jake Reuse (@ReuseRecruiting) September 19, 2018 How you gone have a super bowl in ATLANTA and not have OutKast do a reunion performance for the super bowl? https://t.co/A9N1uSFrpY — Alphonse Taylor (@SHANKK50) September 19, 2018 The Super Bowl is in Atlanta. The NFL could’ve given us OutKast, Ludacris, Lil Jon, Future, T.I., Gucci Mane, Jermaine Dupri, Killer Mike, Waka Flocka Flame, and CeeLo all on one stage, but instead they said, “ya know what? Maroon 5 is still hot. Let’s call them.” — Colin Deaver (@ColinDeaverTV) September 19, 2018 Even if you think OutKast is dated (and I will cut you if you do), there’s Migos, Janelle Monae, Childish Gambino, and a shit ton more. Y’all give us MAROON 5?!? — Charlie (@notcharchar) September 19, 2018 Outkast doing the Super Bowl halftime show in Atlanta is maybe the easiest decision in the history of humankind but instead we get… Maroon 5. — Adam Best (@adamcbest) September 19, 2018 OutKast didn’t declare “The South got something to say” at the 1995 Source Awards in the midst of the East Coast/West Coast rap war for Maroon goddamn 5 to play the Super Bowl in Atlanta. — Ashley Leckwold (@misskittyf) September 19, 2018 The Super Bowl halftime show airs next year on CBS.   [ione_media_gallery src=”https://rickeysmileymorningshow.com” id=”1866509″ overlay=”true”]

Maroon 5 To Headline Super Bowl LIII Halftime Show In Atlanta, Twitter Reacts

Two Georgia Women Arrested After Selling Weed Edibles At Church

View original post here:

Source: Juan Carlos Quesada Bermudez / EyeEm / Getty Taking “getting to know the Most High” to a whole different level. Two Georgia women face felony drug charges after they were arrested by narcotics officers for selling marijuana edibles on the grounds of their church. Per WJLA , 28-year-old  Ebony Cooper and 26-year-old  Leah Pressley were booked after the two attended an event hosted by a church in Savannah, Georgia. Local entrepreneurs were on the grounds of the church selling items and a vendor outside the church hosted the event. According to a police report, the Chatham-Savannah Counter Narcotics Team began watching Cooper who had a booth on the premises selling cereal treats, brownies, pudding and other weed-infused items. Some of the officers even bought a few of the products. Once the event was over, the CNT followed the two women and finally apprehended them, seizing $1,000 in cash, a large amount of edibles and a loaded firearm. Cooper and Pressley were charged with felony drug possession and CNT also discovered that Cooper was advertising her “baked goods” on social media. See the official post on the CNT’s Facebook page just to see how ridiculous a bust this was.  

Two Georgia Women Arrested After Selling Weed Edibles At Church

Porsha Williams Reveals That She’s Pregnant! [PHOTOS]

View post:

Source: Paras Griffin / Getty It looks like congrats is in order for our girl, Porsha Williams ! In an exclusive interview with PEOPLE for the latest issue she spoke about her pregnancy . Williams said,“When I found out I was pregnant, I was excited [but] I had mixed feelings. The other feeling that I had beside excitement was fear.” Sign Up For Our Newsletter! Close Thank you for subscribing! Please be sure to open and click your first newsletter so we can confirm your subscription. Email Submit   On “ The Real Housewives of Atlanta ” she shared her story about having a miscarriage when she was married to her ex-husband, Kordell Stewart . During the interview she also discussed some health issues that many woman face. She said,”I’ve had a miscarriage before in my past, which I’ve also been open about because I suffer with fibroids and had to have a myomectomy.” Williams is 37 and continued to express her fears of,”Is the baby going to be okay? Will I make it full term?’ All those questions that you ask if you’ve had a miscarriage before.” RELATED:  Rickey Smiley Tries His Best Pickup Lines On Porsha Williams [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO] The mommy to be was excited to share her experience at the first appointment and being able to see her baby for the first time. Williams said,”Going into the first appointment and being able to see baby and hear baby and know that baby is fine, then I can really wrap my mind around actually becoming a mommy.” Williams has been dating her boyfriend, Dennis McKinley for a little while now and has been a great support during this pregnancy. RELATED:  Porsha Williams Twerks For Rickey Smiley! [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO] On “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” fans have seen Williams go through a divorce and have an interesting dating venture. In the interview she talked about how happy she is,”The thought of me getting that blessing after praying for it for so long and getting that blessing with someone who is just as excited as me — it’s Dennis’ first child, just like me — and it’s something we’ve both always wanted … It’s like a dream come true.”   RELATED:  Porsha Williams Pop Quizzes Rickey Smiley To See How Rich He Is [VIDEO] She surprised McKinley with the news on his birthday in late July. Williams mentioned that the pregnancy is bringing them closer and she can’t wait to hold her bundle of joy. She said, “So now a lot of the things that we had talked about are a reality, and we work really hard at wanting to be a good couple and build a strong foundation for our new family that we’re going to have. ” As far as naming the baby yet, Williams tossed out a couple ideas they have and mentioned,”One of the names that he has absolutely settled on — I’m not settled on it yet — is PJ. PJ stands for Porsha Jr. He wants to name our daughter Porsha Jr.” We are so happy for Porsha and prays she continues to have a great pregnancy! [ione_media_gallery src=”https://rickeysmileymorningshow.com” id=”1748063″ overlay=”true”]

Porsha Williams Reveals That She’s Pregnant! [PHOTOS]

Webbie Has No Regrets About Publicly Shaming His Kids [Video]

See more here:

Source: ATLANTA, GA – OCTOBER 01: Rapper Webbie attends the BET Hip Hop Awards 2011 at the Boisfeuillet Jones Atlanta Civic Center on October 1, 2011 in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo by Johnny Nunez/WireImage) Webbie is bringing old-school parenting back and he doesn’t care what you think of it. He explained his reasoning on why he put his children on blast recently. On Monday, September 17 the Louisiana native apparently caught his two sons in a very precarious situation. While working at his home studio in the wee hours of the morning he heard a woman’s voice; problem is he had not invited a lady friend over. Upon further inspection he found his two teenage boys in bed with a female and another boy. To their credit they were still clothed but it definitely drew the ire of their father. Sweet Jones Jr. immediately brought them over to his kitchen area for a scolding that was done live on Instagram. The stream was polarizing to say the least; thus some applauded him and others felt it was too excessive. Naturally TMZ caught wind of the incident and invited Webbie to defend his actions. In short he had no remorse for reading the kids the riot act. When asked what punishment he inflicted on them he made it clear that privacy is out the door; literally. “I ripped the doors off the room. They don’t have doors no more” he shared. “I don’t know what their parents did to them but I know my kids we still have more punishments to go across”. You can view his interview recapping the ordeal below. Via  TMZ Photo: TMZ

Webbie Has No Regrets About Publicly Shaming His Kids [Video]