Tag Archives: Photos

Cobb High School Apologizes for Student Paper That Called President Obama a “Nazi”

Read the original:

Sprayberry High School in Cobb County has issues a public apology for an article in the school’s student newspaper that gave reasons why President Obama…

Cobb High School Apologizes for Student Paper That Called President Obama a “Nazi”

Rihanna Tweets That She “Just Got Laid!”

Read the original post:

While in Hawaii, Rihanna posted the above photo to her Instagram account with the caption “Just got laid.” The suggestive  message and naughty look on…

Rihanna Tweets That She “Just Got Laid!”

Usher “Scream” [NEW MUSIC]

Continued here:

Usher talked about creating a new sound for his latest album and called it “revolutionary pop.” With the release of Usher’s second single from his…

Usher “Scream” [NEW MUSIC]

What Is Mac Miller’s ‘Pink Slime’ Project?

Pittsburgh MC remains tight-lipped on his upcoming collabo project on ‘RapFix Live.’ By Rob Markman, reporting by Sway Calloway Mac Miller on “RapFix Live” Photo: Natasha Chandel/ MTV News Mac Miller isn’t ready to start working on his sophomore album just yet, but he does have a few projects in the works. And though the Pittsburgh MC wouldn’t give much detail when he appeared on Wednesday’s episode of “RapFix Live” , he did drop a clue about one of these projects. “Everyone needs to pay attention for when the words ‘pink slime’ surface, just don’t even worry about it right now,” Mac teased while sitting on the “RFL” couch. He wouldn’t reveal whom he is working with on the “pink slime” project, but Miller did confirm that it is a collaborative effort. “I’ma just say, just keep watch — he’s gonna be pissed that I’m saying this, but you’re not gonna know who it is,” he said. Well, if “he’s gonna be pissed,” then that rules out a tag-team tape with Nicki Minaj right? Maybe it’s her Young Money boss Lil Wayne ; after all he did appear on Miller’s on Macadelic mixtape . Then again, so did Cam’ron, Juicy J and Kendrick Lamar. There is no release date for “pink slime,” but it will come before Mac’s Blue Slide Park follow-up. “As far as the album, to be honest, I haven’t even thought about it yet,” he said. “I need some time, man; I need to put together something. I’m releasing music, I have songs on songs on songs; I record every day.” Whom do you think Mac Miller is working with on his “pink slime” project? Tell us in the comments. Related Videos ‘RapFix’ Plays Hard With Wiz And Mac Related Photos Wiz Khalifa, Mac Miller: Behind The Scenes Of ‘RapFix Live’ Related Artists Mac Miller

Continued here:
What Is Mac Miller’s ‘Pink Slime’ Project?

Nicki Minaj “Starships” [MUSIC VIDEO]

Continue reading here:

Nicki Minaj finally delivered the highly anticipated video for her second single “Starships” off her sophomore album Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded. Clad in various bikinis,…

Nicki Minaj “Starships” [MUSIC VIDEO]

Justin Bieber Says He’s ‘Too Young’ To Marry

‘It doesn’t mean Selena is not the right person though,’ he says of waiting a bit before he ties the knot, to anyone. By Jocelyn Vena Justin Bieber Photo: MTV News Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez denied engagement reports last week. And it seems that the Biebs, at age 18, is definitely not ready to get married. Doing press in Europe to spread the message about his new album, Believe, he was asked if he was ready to walk down the aisle with his actress/singer girlfriend. “No, I’m too young. One day, I will get engaged, when I have found the right person in five or 10 years. It doesn’t mean Selena is not the right person though!” he told Le Parisien, Pressparty.com reports. “She’s going to kill me if I say that!” The singer then talked a bit about having people constantly speculate about his relationship with Gomez. “It is not easy to be so young and to have a relationship with someone that doesn’t stay private,” he said. “But, well, I am a public personality, it is what I wanted, so I have to deal with it.” Earlier this year, Bieber opened up to MTV News about wanting to be a young dad . “I see myself in 10 years having a family,” he said. “Twenty-eight, that’s a good time to really have a family ’cause I want to be a young dad. Maybe, [it’s a] long time away though. Don’t get any ideas, people. It’s not happening anytime soon.” Well, perhaps if he follows his own ground rules to being a great boyfriend , then one day he really will make some special lady happy. “I don’t know if I’m even the best boyfriend,” Bieber said on the set of his video for “Boyfriend.” “But I can give a few suggestions. I think being honest and patient, because girls can be tough sometimes, so you just got to be patient. That’s two. Forgive, and have fun, because it’s about having fun. Last one? Be faithful.” Related Videos MTV News Extended Play: Justin Bieber Related Photos Young Love: Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Related Artists Justin Bieber

See the rest here:
Justin Bieber Says He’s ‘Too Young’ To Marry

‘American Idol’ Castoff Elise Testone Will Be Calling Brian May

Testone wants Queen guitarist for her album: ‘He’s like, ‘Call me up. Let’s do it.’ ‘ By Kelly Marino Elise Testone Photo: MTV News Elise Testone might have wanted it all, but in Thursday night’s “American Idol” elimination round, she was cut from the running after taking on this week’s challenge of singing a Queen anthem as well as a song choice of her own. With the finale less than a month away, it has been imbedded in the contestants’ heads that it’s do or die when it comes to picking the right songs at this stage in the game. And while Testone’s rendition of Queen’s “I Want It All” on Wednesday night seemed to finally land her right back in her element, it was her personal pick of the less-familiar “Bold as Love” by Jimi Hendrix that might have caused her fall. Regardless, she stands by her decision wholeheartedly. “I really don’t have any regrets about that,” the 28-year-old explained. “I feel like I sung it the best, maybe one of the bests I’ve ever sung it, because I sung it a lot of times with my band, and people are always requesting it, and I feel like it’s a popular song. John Mayer just re-released it, and he is of our generation, so it’s one of the most epic songs ever written. “There is definitely a lot of give and take in the music environment,” she added. “You have to please people, but you also need to be yourself. So it’s always about finding a balance, and as we got closer to the show, I really just wanted to be myself and sing from my heart because if I try to please people then it might come across a little bit — I want to say fake, but not completely fake, but just you wouldn’t feel that conviction as much if I did that all the time. So, yesterday, I just chose songs that I love, and I did the best I could. So, I feel successful in those performances and with whatever is going to happen now.” The South Carolina native has had a history — or should we say “a vacation home” — in the bottom three for weeks now, with Jimmy Iovine even declaring she was the underdog of the competition. Elise admitted she didn’t take the comment too lightly at first, but she eventually learned to accept the criticism as part of the learning process. “At first, it was kind of hard to hear those things just because I have worked so hard, I have a degree in music, and I’ve been in like six different bands,” the rocker confessed. “I’ve done so much with music, so sometimes it was hard for me to take that criticism, but finally I realized that’s why I’m here. I signed up for this, and I can take the criticism. Move on.” And moving on she is. Now that the show must go on without her, Elise is already thinking about recording her debut album. So has she had any communication with Stevie Nicks since the legendary vocalist claimed she would hire Testone in an instant if she ever needed a singer? “No, no, but hopefully there will be,” Testone said with a smile. “Brian May, I talked to him a lot off-camera from Queen. Super cool. I mentioned two or three times I would love for him to play on my album, and he’s like, ‘Call me up. Let’s do it.’ So, I’m definitely going to get that phone number.” Get your “Idol” fix on MTV News’ “American Idol” page , where you’ll find all the latest news, interviews and opinions. Sound off about Elise Testone’s elimination in the comments below! Related Photos ‘American Idol’ Season 11 Performances

Continue reading here:
‘American Idol’ Castoff Elise Testone Will Be Calling Brian May

‘Fringe’ Renewed For Fifth And Final Season

Co-creator and executive producer J.J. Abrams promises fans a ‘wild and thrilling’ conclusion. By Kara Warner Jasika Nicole, Joshua Jackson and John Noble in “Fringe” Photo: Liane Hentscher/FOX Despite the many rumors of cancellation, genre favorite TV series “Fringe” has been renewed for a fifth and final season. The series’ dedicated fans should rejoice at the news of the 13-episode order, which the network announced Thursday (April 26). “We are thrilled and beyond grateful that Fox — and our fans — have made the impossible possible: ‘Fringe’ will continue into a fifth season that will allow the series to conclude in a wild and thrilling way,” co-creator and executive producer J.J. Abrams said in a statement. “All of us at Bad Robot are forever indebted to our viewers and the amazingly supportive Fox network for allowing the adventures of Fringe Division to not only continue, but to resolve in a way that perfectly fits the show.” ” ‘Fringe’ is a remarkably creative series that has set the bar as one of television’s most imaginative dramas. Bringing it back for a final 13 allows us to provide the climactic conclusion that its passionate and loyal fans deserve,” Kevin Reilly, president of entertainment for Fox Broadcasting Company, said of the renewal. “The amazing work the producers, writers and the incredibly talented cast and crew have delivered the last four seasons has literally been out of this world. Although the end is bittersweet, it’s going to be a very exciting final chapter.” The news should be very welcome to the show’s loyal fanbase, which was put on cancellation alert earlier this year when Reilly admitted to reporters that the show does not make the network any money. Star Joshua Jackson told MTV News earlier this year that no matter how the show ends, he wants to please the fans who’ve stuck with the show and go out with a real ending, not a cliffhanger. “The only thing that would piss me off about being canceled is if we brought people along for all these years — and they’ve been so dedicated and really stuck with the show — and we didn’t finish it up,” he said. “Whatever the future of the show is going to be … the most important thing is that they have enough time to finish the story.” What do you hope happens in the final season of “Fringe”? Share your theories in the comments!

More:
‘Fringe’ Renewed For Fifth And Final Season

No Surprise On ‘American Idol’: Elise Testone Exits

Perpetual cellar-dweller joined in bottom three by Hollie Cavanagh and Skylar Laine. By Adam Graham Elise Testone on “American Idol” Photo: Fox Another one bit the dust, but this one wasn’t hard to see coming. After two weeks of shocking elimination episodes, “American Idol” took a break from the surprises Thursday (April 26), sending perpetual bottom-dweller Elise Testone home. Testone, the 28-year-old from Charleston, South Carolina, had faced elimination so many times that “Idol” mentor Jimmy Iovine joked she had a “vacation home” in the bottom three. Testone came up on the short end of the reported 58 million votes cast following Wednesday’s performance episode, where she took on Queen’s “I Want It All” and a very wordy rendition of Jimi Hendrix’s “Bold as Love.” Following the Hendrix song, Randy Jackson told her it “wasn’t the right song for this time in the competition,” and on Thursday’s show, Iovine called Testone “a great singer who makes bad choices.” He called “Bold as Love” a “double down on bad decisions.” Testone, the oldest of this season’s finalists, sang Led Zeppelin’s “Whole Lotta Love” during her exit. It was one of her signature songs of the season. Testone was joined in the bottom three Thursday by Hollie Cavanagh and Skylar Laine. Laine was sent back to safety immediately, leaving Testone and Cavanagh to await their fate. According to host Ryan Seacrest, the 58 million votes cast were 10 million more than the number of votes cast at this point in the season last year. Queen Extravaganza, an official Queen tribute band, opened the show with a performance of “Somebody to Love.” The episode also saw performances from season 10 “Idol” contestant Stefano Langone — who now goes simply by Stefano — who did his debut single “I’m on a Roll,” and Katy Perry, who in a taped performance did a military-themed “Part of Me.” What did you think of “Idol” on Thursday? Let us know in the comments! Get your “Idol” fix on MTV News’ “American Idol” page , where you’ll find all the latest news, interviews and opinions. Related Photos ‘American Idol’ Season 11 Performances Related Artists Katy Perry

Follow this link:
No Surprise On ‘American Idol’: Elise Testone Exits

Backstreet Boys Out Of Boy-Band Battle? Westlife Are Surprised Too

‘When I saw the bands that were listed, I thought we haven’t got a hope in hell in this,’ group member Nicky Byrne says. By Christina Garibaldi Backstreet Boys Photo: Getty Images The first round of MTV’s Battle of the Boy Bands certainly shocked a lot of fans when Westlife overtook early favorites the Backstreet Boys . And fans aren’t the only ones surprised by this early victory: Westlife themselves never thought they would be able to overtake BSB. “When I saw the bands that were listed, I thought we haven’t got a hope in hell in this, especially being up against the Backstreet Boys, to be honest with you. When I looked, I thought, well, these guys are probably going to win this, gonna be there or thereabout,” Westlife member Nicky Byrne told MTV News on Thursday (April 26) via Skype from Dublin, Ireland. “How it came about, I noticed it on Twitter and I went into the MTV website and I said, ‘What’s all this about?’ and I see us up against the Backstreet Boys and I thought, ‘Oh no, what a challenge that is!’ So I put it on my Twitter account and it kind of snowballed from there,” he continued. And snowball it did. The group beat the Backstreet Boys by a fairly large margin after their fans from all over the world rallied for their victory. Yet, according to Byrne, even though he’s ecstatic with the win, he expects there will be no hard feelings between the two groups. “The funny thing is we’ve met the Backstreet Boys quite a number of times,” Byrne said. “It will be interesting to see if and when we ever bump into the guys again to have a little bit of fun, a bit of a chat about it.” Westlife, who have been together since 1998, had minimal success in the United States, with only one single, “Swear It Again,” charting Stateside, back in 1999. Last year, the group announced that after 14 years they were calling it quits following their Greatest Hits Tour, which kicks off next month. “I think our manager really wanted us to announce it as a break, just to say to people that it’s going to be a couple years. We’ll do some different things on our own and see where we go,” Byrne said. “But I think we all knew it was the right time to get away from each other for a long time. And genuinely, I would hate to think that I spent half of my life — more than half my life with the lads — I would hate to think that we would never sing again. But I think what we couldn’t do was lead people on false promises, and you know, whatever the rest of us go on to do, we can’t be holding on to maybe one day do a tour again. So it was the right decision to be made. Everybody is going to walk away from this with great memories and, most importantly, our friendship intact. ” And even though they will remain close after the tour, Byrne is adamant that this will be the last time they will be together as a group. “Right now, there’s no chance of anything ever again with Westlife,” he said. “I know when I’m on my Twitter account, the amount of fans that would love me to say, or would love us all to say, ‘No, there’s still a hope, we’ll do something down the road,’ … but right now, if that happens, that would be incredible. But we haven’t even finished yet. The right thing to say … is right now, Westlife, come June 23, will be no more.” Before they go their separate ways, Westlife are still hoping to have some success in the United States, and what better way to do that than to win MTV’s Battle of the Boy Bands? “What an amazing story it would be to finish our final 14 years to be named or even get far in this competition,” Byrne said. “But even if we don’t, we’ll hold our heads very high and say we never cracked the States, but we gave them a run for their money.” Voting in round two of MTV’s Battle of the Boy Bands runs until noon ET on Monday, April 30. Winners are determined by fan votes, so if your favorite band made the cut, make sure you keep voting. Tune in to AMTV and MTV Hits for their boy-band video takeovers each day and make sure to spread the word on Twitter using the hashtag #BBB and like us on Facebook for updates! Related Videos Battle Of The Boy Bands Related Photos MTV Buzzworthy Blog: Battle Of The Boy Bands! Related Artists Backstreet Boys Westlife

More:
Backstreet Boys Out Of Boy-Band Battle? Westlife Are Surprised Too